My family and I stayed at this hotel in late Oct. 2006. It was a four nt 5 day stay for leisure/vacation. We have mostly positive things to say about our stay: The rooms were nice and roomy for a family of four and the hotel looked new. The refrigerator in the room was helpful. The breakfast bar was a full brkfast buffet and they had amazing "just from the oven" cinnamon rolls that went pretty quickly. One morning they didn't have any so my son asked a kitchen employee and she had kept them in the back but did bring him one.
All of the staff was courteous and helpful with directions into D.C. and eateries in the area. The hotel also offered warm cookies in the evening at the front desk. There was an indoor pool, but it was difficult to figure out when it was open. One evening it was closed and sometimes during the day. The front desk apologized however, and as we were away from the hotel much of the time, we really didn't bother to find out "why" the hours seemed erratic. The on site laundromat was also helpful as after a wk of traveling we definitely needed to wash. I wish I had rqsted a rm on the same flr as we had to transport clothes up and down. In addition, the room was tiny so there was no place to wait for clothing...just stand against a lone washer and read, Or go back to room which I did a few times and clothing was safe.
Travel time into D.C. with car was approx. 30 min. We always took our car into town and parked at meters nearby. We tried to organize sites of interest together. For instance, visited Bureau of Engraving and Holocause Museum consecutively, then drove to find other meters on the Mall near places of interest. I believe the only time we used a parking garage was at the Reagan Blding because it was next to the White House and one cannot take "anything" in but i.d. and we also did not want to fuss with looking for a meter and perhaps miss our entry time. Parking was pricey compared to parking meter, about $17 for few hrs.
Overall we had a positive visit at this hotel. I can well imagine that staying in D.C. would have been more convenient, but as this hotel allowed us to use our Priority Pts on all nights, it really was the best option for our family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites I-95 Capitol Beltway-Largo, conveniently located near Washington, DC, Baltimore, Maryland, and Annapolis, Maryland. The Holiday Inn Express hotel in Largo features free shuttle service (limited hours) to the Largo Town Center, Metro Station, area businesses, shopping and restaurants. Guests will enjoy our complimentary hot Express Start breakfast bar.When it s time to get connected we know what you need - high-speed Internet, cable, sports and movie channels. And when you need to burn some energy our fully equipped fitness center or indoor heated pool will help melt your stress away.This beautiful hotel in Largo, Maryland is located minutes away from FedEx Field, home of the Washington Redskins; and is convenient to the University of Maryland, Six Flags Great America, Show Place Arena and Prince George s Equestrian Center, and the Prince George s County Sports & Learning Complex. Nearby corporate and government offices include: Verizon, Aetna, Harris Corporation, NASA, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, USDA, FUJI, Raytheon, Andrews Air Force Base, CSC, Prince George s County offices, and the IRS Training Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express i-95 Beltway-Largo Hotel Largo
- Holiday Inn Express Largo
- Holiday Inn Largo
- Largo Holiday Inn