“Great Hotel tucked in a nice location...great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Irving, TX
“Great Hotel tucked in a nice location...great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

Just returned from a fabulous stay at this hotel. The property was well kept and the facility was spotless. I couldn't believe the quality of the free breakfast. We never waited more than 10 minutes for the hotel shuttle. Even the free internet worked well. Best of all were the staff! Everyone we had contact with-from the front desk staff to the breakfast ladies to the shuttle drivers-- had a friendly smile and tried their best to be helpful. I have never received service this good at even a so-called "fancier" hotel! In these days when customers are often treated more like a bother than anything, you should know that you have a fabulous staff at this Holiday Inn Express! They are a wonderful asset to your coorporation! I will certainly stay here again if I'm in the DC area!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Oregon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The hotel was spotless and the staff were always friendly! Everyone from the shuttle drivers to the front desk to the breakfast staff had a smile & something pleasant to say. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a shuttle. We didn't have a car so we took the metro everywhere (our first time using this) & found it was very easy to get around. Took 25 minutes to get from the Largo metro station to the Smithsonian station. The free breakfast was out of this world! Best I've ever had at any hotel where we stayed. Rooms were quiet and the free internet worked well. Probably the only "negative" I can think of is the pool is a little small. I would very definately stay here again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, April 24, 2009
Thank you for your review regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Largo, MD. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. We are always very happy when a guest writes about the wonderful service they have received. As soon as I received your comments, I immediately shared with my the staff to let them know what a great job they have done. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest very soon.
Largo, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

I just got back from this hotel and am APPALLED at the way the front desk mishandled two issues. This was an 8th grade class trip wherein we had 60 students and 8 chaperones. My frist complaint is that 2 items came up missing in one of our girl's rooms. I went to the front desk manager and he did not want to handle this at all! He said "perhaps I didn't know my students as well as I thought". I then replied that one of those students was my DAUGHTER!!! While he did change his tune some, he didn't want me to file a formal complaint of any kind. Next, late that night around 10:30 one of our students had to be taken to the emergency room for an accident and in walks 3 HOOKERS to have "business there". One leaned over right in front of the front deskman and showed him she had no underwear on!!! Then they tried to enter 2 of our students room!!! NOTHING was done by Holiday Inn about this. I strongly advise ANYONE with morals not to stay at this INN!!! We will NEVER use this hotel again on our 8th grade trip. What was learned there certainly wasn't the type of education we promote!!! Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed April 2009
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

Extremely clean hotel with a friendly staff that bent over backwards to help you. Shuttle to the metro is invaluable, don't need a car at all. Room was spotless. Staff all had smiles and actually seemed to enjoy helping you. What a difference in service and attitude compared to New England where we live.

• Liked — Spotlessly clean
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

This hotel was clean and most of the staff were pleasant .
The issue came in, as where there was an item charged to my room by another guest (not a member of my party). I accepted the charge believing only people who were registered in a room could charge items to the room. When I contacted the hotel to fix the issue I only got rude responses and calls in to the manger were not returned.
What hotel management allows people who's names aren't on the reservation to charge things to the room and then not correct their mistakes?
In short, be very careful about charges when you stay here.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — poor custmoer service when problem arrose
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2008

We stayed four nights in this motel. Got the impression that the place was fairly new. In fact, the whole area looked to be fairly recently developed. Room was comfortable, spacious, and had a microwave and refrigerator. There is a shuttle that will take you to and from the Metro station so you don't need to pay for parking if you don't want to (ride time is about 5 minutes). The breakfast is a nice feature as you can get a variety of hot and cold meals. The pool and spa area was well kept and supervised. Staff generally conducted themselves professionally, but seemed to be reluctant to volunteer information about local restaurants, etc. The Largo Town Center is nearby and offers a good variety of shopping and dining choices. We noted that FedEx stadium is only a short distance away, but never went there. Nice place ....

• Liked — Clean tidy and accessible
  • Disliked — Staff sometimes could be more friendly
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
virginia beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2007

We stayed at this hotel after the Redskins-Steelers game and we very pleased. It was a short distance from the stadium. We booked 2 rooms and even though they had a full house and we checked in later, our rooms were right next to each other. The hotel is newer and was clean and comfortable. Great bedding and pillows. I heard absolutely no noise, no doors slamming, no running in the hallways, etc. Usually in this type of hotel you can hear everything. I am a very light sleeper so this was huge for me.

The front desk check in was excellent as well as the breakfast.

Overall, we were very happy, we are not usually Holiday Inn people, but this one did the job. We will go back.

• Liked — Close to stadium, very quiet
  • Disliked — price for HI
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!