“Great location and A step up Holiday Inn Express” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Largo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great location and A step up Holiday Inn Express”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

On a recent trip to see the Redskins play the Bears (redskins won of ccourse), this was in no way your typical Holiday Inn Express. It had a Free GREAT breakfast, and the parking was free, and teh room was large and lookerd like it was just decorated. The room was spotless, the bathroom was also large and well lighted. The TV worked great and the Hotel had free wifi. Best of all was the shower. It put out hot water and a ton of it. Most hotel; showers you hasve to wait for 5 minutes for hot water, not here!! The shower head was so good, I almost wanted to forget teh Redskin game and just stand in teh shower, yes, it was that good. No watere pressure problems here, it was powerful and I even asked for the brand and where I could get myself for my home showers. this is not your typical Holiday inn Express, but it is expensive, but what do you expect being about 1 mile from Fedex field and teh redskins!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've stayed here at least twice now and it is not a bad hotel. The staff are very courteous, helpful and professional. The rest of the hotel was nothing special.

The decor in the room was a little dated. Definitely on the older side for this hotel chain. The bed was fairly comfortable, with the exception of the pillows, which were like sheets of cardboard. Just double them up and it's not as bad. It was nice having a refrigerator and microwave. The air conditioner also functioned very well. Most hotel room AC units affect my allergies and this one didn't. The fan would also run continuously, which is great for drowning out the slight sound of traffic on the interstate. The best part of the room was definitely the HD, flat screen TVs. It seemed like I had to sign into the internet multiple times per day. That's always an inconvenience. The bathroom had a nice, large, granite counter top. The shower was completely dated and drained very slowly.

I know that all Holiday Inn Expresses have the same breakfast choices, but I'd have to say that this one was not prepared very well at all. The workout room was decent. It included two treadmills, an elliptical trainer and a seated bike. I did like the rack of dumb bells, which is quite rare in this hotel chain. I did wish the weights went up to 50 lbs rather than 25. Don't step on the scale in there though as it told me I weighed about 70 lbs heavier than I am (laughing).

I stayed here for business, but it is probably a great option for a Red Skins game as the stadium is located right down the street. There is a nice grocery store across the street as well and it is located right off the I-95/Beltway.

Overall, I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others. I gave it three stars because it is mediocre for the most part. Please keep in mind that I would probably never rate a Holiday Inn Express higher than 4 stars.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Trent M,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the common areas of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Irving, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This was not the first time we stayed here. We always stay here. The services are always wonderful! Everybody has smile on their face.BIt feels good. No problem so far.We want to come back again and again!!!
Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013
Delaware City, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed during the Redskins game. My room was very clean, and the bathroom was spotless. The hotel is in walking distance to shopping and restuarants. They have a complimentary shuttle...that drop-off and pick-up. We would definitely stay at this location again. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Hotel clean and great location to FedEx field, great front desk staff, good free breakfast, mattresses very hard worn out, like sleeping on floor, pillows and linen worn out also. These items need to be replaced badly. Wonderful shuttle driver. Will not stay again until updates are made.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Leachtravelexpert,

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are delighted to learn that you loved the cleanliness of our hotel, the friendliness of the staff and the buffet breakfast at the same time I am a little disappointed that your were not able to sleep well.

I do not know when you stayed with us last time but we have recently replaced all our mattresses. I am looking into the linen quality, as we hold ourselves to very high standards and worn out linens is totally unacceptable. We are committed to providing great value and service and make sure our guests stay is nothing but pleasant.

I sincerely hope you will give us another look when you are back in the area.

Again, thank you for your time and feedback.
Halifax, N.S.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here three nights while visiting Washington. The hotel is easy to find, and is fairly close to the city, either by car, or a short drive to the Metro station (the hotel will take you to the Metro in their shuttle, if you wish). Also a 12 minute drive to Six Flags America. The staff were the friendliest and most attentive that we have encountered in some time, especially Carol at the front desk. But even the room cleaners and maintenance staff greeted us warmly each day and asked us how our stay was. They helped us out with travel directions and restaurant locations and options. The room was spotless and quiet, even though the hotel was quite busy. My only criticism (travelling with our children) is that he pool has very limited operating hours. I understand after asking that there is a county law which says they have to have a lifeguard when open, but they should post the operating ours on the website. It wasn’t the end of the world for us, but I did hear two other families complain they had brought their kids because a parent was there for work, or on a course, and the hotel had a pool. But during the week, the pool does not open until 4PM. Other than that, this was a terrific hotel that we would absolutely stay at again, and would recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Central Square, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel was very clean. This is the first hotel I ever stayed at where I couldn't hear any noise from the hall. The breakfast was a great bonus. They provided something for everyone. I personally loved the warm cinnamon rolls. We took advantage of the free shuttle to the metro. On our return trip all it took was one phone call and the shuttle was there to pick us up within ten minutes. The staff was courteous and eager to help with any detail. The only issue we found was the weird pool hours. They were only open for a few hours in the evening. The kids with us were disappointed. I would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor and it was wonderful.