I've stayed here at least twice now and it is not a bad hotel. The staff are very courteous, helpful and professional. The rest of the hotel was nothing special.
The decor in the room was a little dated. Definitely on the older side for this hotel chain. The bed was fairly comfortable, with the exception of the pillows, which were like sheets of cardboard. Just double them up and it's not as bad. It was nice having a refrigerator and microwave. The air conditioner also functioned very well. Most hotel room AC units affect my allergies and this one didn't. The fan would also run continuously, which is great for drowning out the slight sound of traffic on the interstate. The best part of the room was definitely the HD, flat screen TVs. It seemed like I had to sign into the internet multiple times per day. That's always an inconvenience. The bathroom had a nice, large, granite counter top. The shower was completely dated and drained very slowly.
I know that all Holiday Inn Expresses have the same breakfast choices, but I'd have to say that this one was not prepared very well at all. The workout room was decent. It included two treadmills, an elliptical trainer and a seated bike. I did like the rack of dumb bells, which is quite rare in this hotel chain. I did wish the weights went up to 50 lbs rather than 25. Don't step on the scale in there though as it told me I weighed about 70 lbs heavier than I am (laughing).
I stayed here for business, but it is probably a great option for a Red Skins game as the stadium is located right down the street. There is a nice grocery store across the street as well and it is located right off the I-95/Beltway.
Overall, I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others. I gave it three stars because it is mediocre for the most part. Please keep in mind that I would probably never rate a Holiday Inn Express higher than 4 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites I-95 Capitol Beltway-Largo, conveniently located near Washington, DC, Baltimore, Maryland, and Annapolis, Maryland. The Holiday Inn Express hotel in Largo features free shuttle service (limited hours) to the Largo Town Center, Metro Station, area businesses, shopping and restaurants. Guests will enjoy our complimentary hot Express Start breakfast bar.When it s time to get connected we know what you need - high-speed Internet, cable, sports and movie channels. And when you need to burn some energy our fully equipped fitness center or indoor heated pool will help melt your stress away.This beautiful hotel in Largo, Maryland is located minutes away from FedEx Field, home of the Washington Redskins; and is convenient to the University of Maryland, Six Flags Great America, Show Place Arena and Prince George s Equestrian Center, and the Prince George s County Sports & Learning Complex. Nearby corporate and government offices include: Verizon, Aetna, Harris Corporation, NASA, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, USDA, FUJI, Raytheon, Andrews Air Force Base, CSC, Prince George s County offices, and the IRS Training Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Expedia, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express i-95 Beltway-Largo Hotel Largo
- Holiday Inn Express Largo
- Holiday Inn Largo
- Largo Holiday Inn