“Nice hotel for price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Largo
Hobart, Indiana
“Nice hotel for price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We did a family vacation to see the sights in DC. Stayed 4 nights in this hotel. It is about 13 miles from DC so was an easy commute. Hotel was nice. Breakfast was good. Rooms were clean but had a very musty smell.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Staying for a week in from California. The staff here is extremely helpful and accommodating, not to mention patient. If I ever return this is where I will stay. I must have visited that front desk ten times a day and they never made me feel as though I was a bother. They helped me plan my Metro trips and gave me a route map and visitor's guide.

Room Tip: If you want a hand held shower and jetted tub ask for a handicapped room..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Just spent the weekend here. We were in town for a wedding. Speedy and super-courteous check-in, even after arriving around 1:00am. Exceptionally clean, large, and well stocked room. Very delicious and free breakfast, not continental, thank you. Friendly and accomodating staff. Beautiful hotel, clean indoors and out. Definitely had a comfortable stay. I absolutely, highly recommend Holiday Inn Express and will choose them again.

• Stayed June 2013
Warrington, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

In line with what I expect from a recently built hotel. Clean and roomy enough for a family of 4, for a quick overnight stay in MD. Nicely appointed with mini fridge, micro wave oven etc...
Quick check in, nice stay....one minor complaint, the shower head was really low even for being 5'11...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I tried to check in with a service animal at 7pm on 5/17/13and was refused check-in by the person at the front desk. His name tag stated the name was Imrun. He told me he was the manager and that no service animals were allowed without official paperwork. He refused to communicate further and told me to call the 1-800 number if I had a problem with the hotel's policy. I finally got through to customer service and they thanked me for calling and told me this would be a good "coaching" lesson for this employee with respect to company policies. By the time we got to that point I'd already checked into the Sheraton down the road. The lack of professionalism and refusal to communicate upon check-in with a service animal was incomprehensible. My advice to people with service animals is to avoid this hotel. Stay at the Radisson next door or just continue up the highway a bit to the Sheraton. They will be much more welcoming and professional

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Ed L,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed 5 nights. The staff was very pleasant. The breakfast was good, a lot of choices. Housekeeping was very efficient. We will definitely stay here in the future. The location was perfect since it was 10 minutes from my Mother-in-law's home. There are a lot of good restaurants in the area to choose from. I believe it's close to a mall as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Suffern, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel for cherry blossom festival and we had a great time my two year old daughter feels like home the staff are friendly and helpfull there indoor swimming pool just as we needed after a long day of sightseeing the room is clean with 42 inch flat screen tv there's a microwave small refrigerator and coffe maker but our room has no coffee pot we ask the cleaner bit she told us that they don't have it but still it's a great hotel to stay for everybody and we will stay here against next time

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!