“Nice clean convenient” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Largo
Warrington, PA
“Nice clean convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

In line with what I expect from a recently built hotel. Clean and roomy enough for a family of 4, for a quick overnight stay in MD. Nicely appointed with mini fridge, micro wave oven etc...
Quick check in, nice stay....one minor complaint, the shower head was really low even for being 5'11...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

92 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Fort Lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I tried to check in with a service animal at 7pm on 5/17/13and was refused check-in by the person at the front desk. His name tag stated the name was Imrun. He told me he was the manager and that no service animals were allowed without official paperwork. He refused to communicate further and told me to call the 1-800 number if I had a problem with the hotel's policy. I finally got through to customer service and they thanked me for calling and told me this would be a good "coaching" lesson for this employee with respect to company policies. By the time we got to that point I'd already checked into the Sheraton down the road. The lack of professionalism and refusal to communicate upon check-in with a service animal was incomprehensible. My advice to people with service animals is to avoid this hotel. Stay at the Radisson next door or just continue up the highway a bit to the Sheraton. They will be much more welcoming and professional

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Ed L,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lawrenceville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed 5 nights. The staff was very pleasant. The breakfast was good, a lot of choices. Housekeeping was very efficient. We will definitely stay here in the future. The location was perfect since it was 10 minutes from my Mother-in-law's home. There are a lot of good restaurants in the area to choose from. I believe it's close to a mall as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Suffern, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel for cherry blossom festival and we had a great time my two year old daughter feels like home the staff are friendly and helpfull there indoor swimming pool just as we needed after a long day of sightseeing the room is clean with 42 inch flat screen tv there's a microwave small refrigerator and coffe maker but our room has no coffee pot we ask the cleaner bit she told us that they don't have it but still it's a great hotel to stay for everybody and we will stay here against next time

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cape Fear, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

It's customer service outRanks any hotel in this area "very welcoming"
The hotel is nice fresh appealing to any weary headed traveler in need of a Rest and some Pool Time
Just as any Holiday Inn Express should be but better. I am making this a frequent stop when Im in the Upper Marlboro Largo District Heights. It's always nice to feel safe in any environment. THANKS AGAIN

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough about the professionalism and downright friendliness of the staff. Whatever you need is handled promptly and without any issues. The hotel's exterior has great curb appeal and is quite convent to the beltway. The lobby is clean, open and always smells good - not quite sure what it is but it does.

With all that said the rooms are quite another matter. The rooms while clean are SCREAMING to be renovated. I can't help thinking the Brady Bunch may have stayed there while on vacation. I've probaby stayed there three times within the last six months. If it weren't for the staff and the convenience of the location I would look elsewhere. Each time I get a "suite" and I've had to call about the room each time for either a blown light bulb, to replace a sofa with a huge dip, a bathroom fan that won't quit running etc. The rooms remind me of being in a military-style barracks. Guys the 70s style rooms have got to go.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Eddie F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I would also like to thank you for your words of encouragement to me and my staff who are very eager to make your stay enjoyable.

We are very excited to inform you that we have started our preliminary renovation process; we are currently in the design process. It is going to be a long, but exciting journey and a much updated look as you would expect.

Once again, thank you for your loyalty and giving us your valued feedback.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Beautiful hotel! Clean and friendly atmosphere. The hotel manager, Steve is exceptional and knows how to take care of his guests. He is a pleasure to deal with!! The hotel staff are polite and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!