“Frequent Traveler” 3 of 5 stars

Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Largo
“Frequent Traveler”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I cannot say enough about the professionalism and downright friendliness of the staff. Whatever you need is handled promptly and without any issues. The hotel's exterior has great curb appeal and is quite convent to the beltway. The lobby is clean, open and always smells good - not quite sure what it is but it does.

With all that said the rooms are quite another matter. The rooms while clean are SCREAMING to be renovated. I can't help thinking the Brady Bunch may have stayed there while on vacation. I've probaby stayed there three times within the last six months. If it weren't for the staff and the convenience of the location I would look elsewhere. Each time I get a "suite" and I've had to call about the room each time for either a blown light bulb, to replace a sofa with a huge dip, a bathroom fan that won't quit running etc. The rooms remind me of being in a military-style barracks. Guys the 70s style rooms have got to go.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Eddie F,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your valued feedback. I would also like to thank you for your words of encouragement to me and my staff who are very eager to make your stay enjoyable.

We are very excited to inform you that we have started our preliminary renovation process; we are currently in the design process. It is going to be a long, but exciting journey and a much updated look as you would expect.

Once again, thank you for your loyalty and giving us your valued feedback.

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Beautiful hotel! Clean and friendly atmosphere. The hotel manager, Steve is exceptional and knows how to take care of his guests. He is a pleasure to deal with!! The hotel staff are polite and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

We stay in this holiday inn express because it is close to FedEx field. We also have a ton of points with holiday inn but paid $177 for a Saturday night. The place was a big disappointment. The sheets did not fit the bed. The blanket had a big burn mark. The pillows were terrible and the toilet had no water and would not flush. The hall had a bad smell and the furniture was worn out. It was so bad we checked out early and drove to Baltimore after the game. Never again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Henry V,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the level of service.

The rates for that weekend were high due to the redskin’s playoff game after so many years and our close proximity to the FedEx Field. I am terribly embarrassed and disappointed on the quality of service you received at our hotel. We have already taken extra steps to prevent this from happening in the future. As you can tell from the surveys on this or any other website, this is not how we like to do business and take care of our guests.

I would strongly urge you to please give me a phone call and I will do everything to make it right for you. My contact # is 301 636 6090 X707.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at the hotel, I would like to thank you for providing your feedback. And I sincerely hope that I hear back from you.
Cairo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

A friend and I recently stayed 2 nights at this hotel. From the front desk staff to the housekeeping staff to the shuttle drivers I have nothing but the highest compliments. Price for the DC area was fair. Everything was of highest standards. Breakfast was of the highest quality for an express hotel. Anyone visiting the DC area woudl be smart to chose this hotel. Even free shuttle to and from the Metro into DC. Really and truly I loved my stay here and would definitely stay here again. The only bad thing was I had to leave! I would love to live here!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here when we were in town for a Redskins game at Fedex Field. It is perfect for this. They provide a shuttle that will get you pretty close to the stadium. We walked back after the game and it was not too difficult at all. The hotel is in the middle of a business park, but the shuttle runs all day to ferry you to the shopping mall or the restaurants that are close by. They also pick you up and drop you off at Largo Town Centre station. The hotel itself is good, with large comfortable rooms and all the amenities you would expect. I would have like to have a safe in the room. The staff were very helpful and always made sure your needs were catered for. I was pleased they had a free business centre, including printing. This allowed us to check-in and print our boarding passes for the next days flight. The breakfast was fairly decent as well. I stuck to the biscuits and gravy. This is not a hotel to stay in if you are seeing the sights in DC, but it is a great option for a game at Fedex Field, or if you want something a little more quiet and out of the way, with good access to the I-95. Only issues I had was the music played out front of the hotel... This stayed on all night and was a bit annoying. I told the front desk attendant and she seemed to be sorting it out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Liane_Sean,

Thank you very much for taking the time and for your valuable feedback.

We are very delighted to learn that you enjoyed our shuttle service which we offer on request basis and guests seem to be liking this free running schedule as oppose to designated timings.

You constructive comments have been noted and will be implemented and the music playing in the night has been sorted out.

We truly thank you for sharing your comments with us and hope to host you again.
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to the management and the staff of the Holiday Inn Express in Largo MD. OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE! They went out of the way and way beyond the call of duty to assist me.

If you are planning a trip to the Washington DC area, I need to suggest that plan your visit by utilizing this hotel as a base point; this hotel is covenant to the local subway, offers a hotel shuttle and is impeccably clean.

Rooms are spacious and the claimant control system will keep you comfortable. If you are driving, there is ample parking. This hotel is very close and convent to the Home of the Washington Redskins, FedEx Field.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear dpoole6131,

We are very delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us. We truly value your feedback and these positive comments are very reinforcing.

I have shared your valuable comments with my entire team.

Thank you again for choosing us for your stay.
Parsippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Everything about our stay in this hotel was exceptional. We travel extensively for horse competitions and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Everyone went out of their way to make our stay extremely pleasant and it was much more than I expected. The front desk staff were always helpful and extremely friendly. It was so clean there also. I witnessed staff cleaning and shining the elevators and the waiting areas by the elevators on the floors. Definately worth going back, infact going back this week!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!