“Hospitality Personified” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in Largo
Springfield, Virginia
“Hospitality Personified”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Recently,we held our daughters' wedding reception at the Newton White Mansion. We blocked rooms for our guests at the Holiday Inn Express because of its close proximity to the venue. This hotel offered a free shuttle to and from the mansion, and an extensive breakfast was included with the price of the rooms. Although there are a number of other hotels equally close to the mansion, we were drawn to the Holiday Inn Express because of its clean, light and airy atmosphere. From the beginning Steve, the hotel manager, was polite, attentive, and responsive to our needs. Contact with him was always cordial. Nothing we asked was viewed by him as an inconvenience. For instance, he readily accepted and placed our welcome bags in the hotel rooms of our guests in advance of their check-in. And when one of our wedding guests inadvertently dropped a wedding card/check in the shuttle van, Steve called me immediately and offered to drop it in the mail to save me the long drive to pick it up. The morning after the wedding, Carol, (shuttle driver/front desk) opened a small conference room for us so that our group could eat breakfast together before everyone went their separate ways. Absolutely a wonderful experience. Steve and his staff made us feel like we were home.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Newport News
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Nice hotel nested right off I-95 pretty much right when you cross the Woodrow Wilson bridge from DC into Maryland.

I personally had great service from the front desk. There is a shuttle to Six Flags if you need it, if not, it's a 5 minute drive. If you drive, there is a drug store and a Target on the way for last minute supplies.

Great breakfast. I love those cinnamon buns and they had healthy options too! When we got back from the park a local chinese food place, Golden Bowl, delivered right to the door of our room for 15 bucks! Just what I needed after walking all over Six Flags several times over and was very tired.

I recommend a stay here, the peeling wallpaper and overly expensive snack machine is my only gripe. The room we stayed in was kept very clean otherwise and had all desired amenities.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here after the USA - Brazil soccer game at FedEx Field. Chose it for the convenience. Was very close to the stadium. The room was large. Nice to have bedroom separate. I liked that it had a large counter area by the sink. Thought it was strange that the rooms did not have desks.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

the rooms were really clean, the hotel it self was clean, a very nice breakfast in the morning, sausage and eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes plus your other fruit, muffins and cearal.
the only downside is the pool was really small, so it was crowded and we couldn't swim.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family stayed here recently as part of our DC trip. People were friendly. They had a handy map at check in of the surrounding area (restaurants, etc) that was helpful.

Setting is in an office park, but it felt secure and I don't really care about the hotel setting as long as I feel safe. I'm not on vacation for the hotel, know what I mean? Close to Largo METRO (5 min drive), which was great to take to DC sightseeing!! Many stops close to where you want to visit.

Small pool and whirlpool were nice. Limited hours, but they did actually have a lifeguard on duty.

Positives: setting, shuttle service (overall-see note below), pretty quiet overall (I've stayed in quieter and noisier hotels over the years), nice hot breakfast each day. Room size was decent. Good value overall for the price (especially if you take advantage of the shuttle service and the hot breakfast!)

Negatives: fan in bathroom didn't work very well. There was confusion at times regarding the shuttle service. They seemed to have some problems keeping track of who was scheduled to be picked up or taken somewhere. Overall, 2/3 of our shuttle rides were prompt and problem-free, but once they had to get the larger van last minute when there were 3 groups that had to go to METRO and the small van showed up, and once there was a lengthy delay in picking us up from the METRO even though we called it in 30 minutes ahead of time.

Overall, I would stay here again if visiting DC!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Watertown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed a week at this hotel during a business trip to Landover. The hotel was in a great location. Although the surrounding areas are not the best neighborhoods, the hotel is tucked into a small business park. There was really no noise to speak of, and I felt completely safe around the hotel property. The location does mean there are not any places to eat within walking distance, but there are plenty of restaurants and a Wegman's grocery store within a very short drive.

The hotel felt very new, and it had all the amenities you would it expect at a HI Express. The breakfast was hot and well stocked every morning, even when it was crowded. The pool area was clean and had a lifeguard. I was disappointed the Jacuzzi jets in the spa weren't working, but the water was still warm. The staff was always welcoming.

I had a two-room suite with a king bed and was very happy with the accommodations. The main room had a fold-out couch, dresser, and TV on one side and a 4-person table and chairs, mini-fridge, microwave, and kitchen sink on the other side. I was pleasantly surprised to see they had stocked a four place settings of disposable kitchenware in the cabinet. The bedroom was spacious and had another dresser with a flat-panel TV. The bedroom had its own sink area and closet just outside the bathroom. The set-up would definitely work for four people. The bedroom can be locked for privacy since the bathroom is a jack-and-jill style with doors to both the bedroom and main room. My two complaints are the VERY small rod for hanging clothes in the bedroom sink area (there is no closet) and a lack of water pressure or hot water some mornings.

All-in-all I had a great stay and this is where I will stay the next time I find myself in the area.

Room Tip: The fourth floor smelled strongly of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

There is nothing overwhelming attractive about this hotel - it is right off the I-495 Beltway, but it does have the following traits: easy access and not a terrible commute to DC; clean rooms; free wi-fi access; decent breakfast (great breakfast if you're not looking for healthy!) which opens at 6:00 A.M. every morning - even weekends; a hotel shuttle to the Metro; relatively quiet and good staff. I was able to hear traffic somewhat, but with ear plugs I slept fine.

For business, this is very practical place to stay. It's just not the sort pf place you go to get away from it all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear CheapWorldTraveller,

Thank you very much for your time posting this valued review. Just like you rightly said about our hotel location it is easy access from the beltway, right in the middle spot from DC, Baltimore or Annapolis. If someone does not want to drive into DC they can hop on the metro and our complementary shuttle can drop them off to the metro station.

We have worked intensively with our food supplier and our brand. However, our brand standards do not allow us to serve anything beyond the brand standard requirements this makes our playing field a bit smaller in catering to other options. Hopefully, our brand will customize and roll out another round of breakfast options soon which will be healthier.

Once again thank you for your time posting this review and we sincerely hope to host you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!