“very nice stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Maryland
“very nice stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

the rooms were really clean, the hotel it self was clean, a very nice breakfast in the morning, sausage and eggs, biscuits and gravy, pancakes plus your other fruit, muffins and cearal.
the only downside is the pool was really small, so it was crowded and we couldn't swim.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My family stayed here recently as part of our DC trip. People were friendly. They had a handy map at check in of the surrounding area (restaurants, etc) that was helpful.

Setting is in an office park, but it felt secure and I don't really care about the hotel setting as long as I feel safe. I'm not on vacation for the hotel, know what I mean? Close to Largo METRO (5 min drive), which was great to take to DC sightseeing!! Many stops close to where you want to visit.

Small pool and whirlpool were nice. Limited hours, but they did actually have a lifeguard on duty.

Positives: setting, shuttle service (overall-see note below), pretty quiet overall (I've stayed in quieter and noisier hotels over the years), nice hot breakfast each day. Room size was decent. Good value overall for the price (especially if you take advantage of the shuttle service and the hot breakfast!)

Negatives: fan in bathroom didn't work very well. There was confusion at times regarding the shuttle service. They seemed to have some problems keeping track of who was scheduled to be picked up or taken somewhere. Overall, 2/3 of our shuttle rides were prompt and problem-free, but once they had to get the larger van last minute when there were 3 groups that had to go to METRO and the small van showed up, and once there was a lengthy delay in picking us up from the METRO even though we called it in 30 minutes ahead of time.

Overall, I would stay here again if visiting DC!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Watertown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I stayed a week at this hotel during a business trip to Landover. The hotel was in a great location. Although the surrounding areas are not the best neighborhoods, the hotel is tucked into a small business park. There was really no noise to speak of, and I felt completely safe around the hotel property. The location does mean there are not any places to eat within walking distance, but there are plenty of restaurants and a Wegman's grocery store within a very short drive.

The hotel felt very new, and it had all the amenities you would it expect at a HI Express. The breakfast was hot and well stocked every morning, even when it was crowded. The pool area was clean and had a lifeguard. I was disappointed the Jacuzzi jets in the spa weren't working, but the water was still warm. The staff was always welcoming.

I had a two-room suite with a king bed and was very happy with the accommodations. The main room had a fold-out couch, dresser, and TV on one side and a 4-person table and chairs, mini-fridge, microwave, and kitchen sink on the other side. I was pleasantly surprised to see they had stocked a four place settings of disposable kitchenware in the cabinet. The bedroom was spacious and had another dresser with a flat-panel TV. The bedroom had its own sink area and closet just outside the bathroom. The set-up would definitely work for four people. The bedroom can be locked for privacy since the bathroom is a jack-and-jill style with doors to both the bedroom and main room. My two complaints are the VERY small rod for hanging clothes in the bedroom sink area (there is no closet) and a lack of water pressure or hot water some mornings.

All-in-all I had a great stay and this is where I will stay the next time I find myself in the area.

Room Tip: The fourth floor smelled strongly of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

There is nothing overwhelming attractive about this hotel - it is right off the I-495 Beltway, but it does have the following traits: easy access and not a terrible commute to DC; clean rooms; free wi-fi access; decent breakfast (great breakfast if you're not looking for healthy!) which opens at 6:00 A.M. every morning - even weekends; a hotel shuttle to the Metro; relatively quiet and good staff. I was able to hear traffic somewhat, but with ear plugs I slept fine.

For business, this is very practical place to stay. It's just not the sort pf place you go to get away from it all.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear CheapWorldTraveller,

Thank you very much for your time posting this valued review. Just like you rightly said about our hotel location it is easy access from the beltway, right in the middle spot from DC, Baltimore or Annapolis. If someone does not want to drive into DC they can hop on the metro and our complementary shuttle can drop them off to the metro station.

We have worked intensively with our food supplier and our brand. However, our brand standards do not allow us to serve anything beyond the brand standard requirements this makes our playing field a bit smaller in catering to other options. Hopefully, our brand will customize and roll out another round of breakfast options soon which will be healthier.

Once again thank you for your time posting this review and we sincerely hope to host you again.
Houma,LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with my family. Attending my Grandmother's funeral, so had to make last minute reservations. Rates were decent as compared to other area hotels. Typical free breakfast, but was nice. Entire hotel was very clean. Mini fridge and microwave in room. Not a big problem, but the lighting in the room was poor. Also, the beds were very uncomfortable and I can usually sleep on anything. Woke up with a backache every morning. Overall though, hotel was a good choice. It was clean with a free breakfast.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear claudiamtr,

I am really sorry to learn about your loss. May your Grandma’s soul rest in peace.
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review on your experience on this great portal.

We are delighted that you liked our full buffet breakfast. I am very proud of my housekeeping staff as they do a phenomenal job in keeping the room spotless. We have forwarded your feedback about the lighting issue in the room as well as the mattress. We proactively seek guest feedback which helps us determine the areas for improvement and invest back in the property.

Again, we are glad that you chose us and hope to see you again.
Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Before I actually review this property I am going on record with making this my go to hotel in the DC area. I am serious. This is a no brainer.
Right off 95 in a quiet business park. Close enough to DC, without being too close. All the things that make a Holday Inn Express the respected brand that it is. Friendly staff, clean room, pool with a lifeguard (limited weekday hours however), safe, quiet, great breakfast.
The last two years we have gone to DC to catch a Braves game versus the Nats and the next time that we do we will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear PABravesFan,

I would like to humbly THANK YOU for choosing and making the Holiday Inn Express & Suites as your hotel of choice during your travel to the DC Area. We are very delighted that we have been able to meet and exceed your expectations. I also would like to put this on record that WE WILL NEVER LET you down. We will continue to improve our endeavors and would keep taking care of our guests.

Thank you very much for taking the time and fill out a great feedback on our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

The room was spacious and very clean. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. We will definitely return on our next visit. Thanks for a great experience !

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Jim,

Thank you for taking the time and filling out a feedback on your experience at our hotel.

I am glad to learn about your wqonderful experience at our hotel. I have shared your comments with my entire team and they are feeling good and proud!!!

Once again thank you. We sure hope to see you again next time when you are in the DC area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
Avi Hotel Largo
#1 of 3 in Capitol Heights
3.5 of 5 stars 82 reviews
Courtyard by Marriott New Carrollton Landover
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!