“Wedding Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Bel Air, Maryland
“Wedding Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

A friend and I stayed at your hotel the weekend of November 12th to attend the beautiful wedding of a friends daughter. Your staff was exceptionally friendly and very accommodating. The room was very clean and nice. I especially liked your breakfast accommodations, it was awesome and had a great variety.
I have stayed at Holiday Inn express's before, but yours was one of the best.

Thanks for a wonderful stay,
B. Caine

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, December 1, 2011
Dear Bonnie_C677,

Thank you for positng this encouraging review.

we are really happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay while you attended the beautiful wedding.

I am sure on your next travel you will choose Holiday Inn Express as ypur hotel of choice.

Thank you.

Very Respectfully,

Shailesh "Steve" Nagar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Forest Hill, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We were attending a wedding at the Newton White Mansion and this Holiday Inn was the hotel of choice for the overnight guests. They were very accomodating at checkin, the rooms were spacious, clean and very well appointed. The breakfast in the AM was very, very nice with many more choices than the normal hotel "free" breakfast! We were very pleased.

Room Tip: all good choices as far as Icould see.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Ms. Susan,

Thank you very much for your kind words. it was great pleasure to have you as our guest. I am extremely delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will definitely pass the word along to my staff. They are always hungry to guests responses/feedbacks especially the one like these.

Again we are very thnakful for your business and hope to see you soon.
Blacksburg, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

We stayed overnight here for a Redskins game at FedEx Field. My expectations were that the hotel would be average at best but it really was a nice hotel experience. It is very easy to navigate to the stadium and there are several restaurants located within a mile or two of the hotel. The room was nicely appointed and clean. The breakfast was included and was pretty much the standard fare although it did include eggs and breakfast meats which is a cut above the usual continental breakfast. The price was a little high but then again, given the location, it was right in line with other, similar accommodations. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again when I'm in town for a sporting event at FedEx Field.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Dear Luv2g0lf ,

Thank you for your recent review regarding our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your delightful experience during your recent stay.

We are always pleased to receive praise and acknowledgment of such a positive nature. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. Your comments will be shared with our entire staff, as reinforcement to continue their efforts to make the Holiday Inn Express Largo a leader in excellence.

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you in the future. Thank you for staying with us.
Cary, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

We went to the DC area for a weekend with plans to site-seeing in DC on Saturday and go to the Redskins game on Sunday. We picked this hotel for it's proximity to the Metro into DC while still being very close to FedEx Field. They offer a free shuttle to the metro station but we chose to drivethere instead. The metro station was only a couple miles away and it was very easy to park there and ride into DC.

The room had a very comfortable king size bed, a comfy chair, desk, coffee table, dresser and large screen TV. The bathroom felt dated though and there was no fan for venting the hot, moist air while showering.

The staff were all very friendly.

We did not realize in advance that they also offer a free shuttle to the football game.
We were thrilled to find out that we could use that service on Sunday (even though we had at that point officially checked out). Ideally, it would be a great service however in this particular case there was some miscommunication ... we were told to meet back at the dropoff point when we were ready to be picked back up at the end of the game, however they changed the pick-up location. They said it was due to traffic but these traffic issues happen every time there is a home game, so they should have been prepared for that and given us the correct pick-up spot to begin with. Other than that, and a very long delay in getting picked up, we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Cheshire, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We had read reviews of this hotel prior to taking our July 2011 trip to DC. We expected it to be average. Instead I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Everything was really clean (and I am a germ-averse person who brings my own wipes to everything!). They shampooed all the carpets everywhere in the hotel during our stay in fact but it was not intrusive at all. The breakfast was good and fresh and you could tell those ladies worked really hard. They were very pleasant and even went out of their way to get my daughters chocolate milk (without being asked!). The only problems I encountered were:
1) the indoor pool ws so hot that it wasn't refreshing. I went in it only once (though my daughters went more often) and I felt like I'd just gotten out of a sauna. They need to make the water cooler. It was hotter than a bathtub so the jacuzzi was like boiling water.
2) the air conditioner in the fitness room never worked properly. I'd be standing still and sweating! I tried to fiddle with it and sometimes that worked (resetting it seemed to help a bit) but other than that, it was god awful to go in there in the mornings and work out. I did it but it was tough and it's not healthy to not have proper ventilation in the fitness area (plus it was tiny of course).
3) The fitness room was better than nothing; however, they had free weights and yet there was no bench to work out on or press weights from. You could do some rand bicep and tri exercises but without just one bench, you couldn't work out your chest or even your back. I tried to get creative but it was tough. THey could use a weight bench.

Other than those three items, the rooms were spacious, the bathroom had not one hair on the floor (I was wowed by this because my hair falls out like crazy and so do my daughters' hairs) and always very clean. The beds were comfy too.
Largo got a bad wrap from some folks from these reviews saying it was in a predominately african american area, but I say so what?! I'm caucasian and never felt out of place. Largo itself was a beautiful town. Clean and welcoming. We had a great experience there and would not hesitate to go back. We loved our trip and because we stayed in Largo which is a few miles further out of DC, we saved a lot of money. This hotel was well worth the value in an office park area. It was quiet too. No problems there.
Good hotel; good value; great trip!

Room Tip: non smoking rooms. Also the 4th floor had the good vending machines :)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

This Hotel was was fine except for its remote location.
The un-usual layout of the suite didn't work for me, the designer must have had a bad day when he designed this suite., the bathroom was a connecting corridor between the bedroom and the sitting area. The sofa was the most uncompfortable to sit on ever experienced in a Holiday Inn and it should be replaced as a matter of priority!!!
The staff were excellent in all areas.
If we are in the vacinity again we will consider staying if you replace the sofa in 325

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Rooms were supposed to be non smoking...when we walked in the room smelled like stale cig. smoke (room315). We called front desk and were moved to another room (305) which did not smell like smoke but was equally as bad if not worse in the smell dept. This room had a very strong and overpowering damp mold/mildew smell. Had to stay at a work approved hotel, but considered driving back to Fredericksburg VA to advoid staying here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!