“Friendly, comfortable and clean” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avi Hotel Largo

You added Avi Hotel Largo to your Saves list
Avi Hotel Largo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9421 Largo Drive West, Largo, MD 20774 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Friendly, comfortable and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Very friendly staff, clean and comfortable. Staff was very attentive to my needs, location is close to D.C. and very easy to get to and from the District. Free WiFi, large refrigerator and smaller microwave in room. Free breakfast (typical fare: fried eggs, sausage, waffle station, bagels, bread, cereal coffee and juices). I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

This was my first time reserving a hotel room & I was low on money so when I got a room at AVI Hotel at a cheap price I was really skeptical but once I checked in I was amazed. Staff was extremely friendly & the room was very clean & very big compared to some of these more expensive hotels. The breakfast was average & it seemed the pool was closed so it loses a star for that but still a very solid hotel & I'll stay here again in the future.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My family & I stayed here on April 2015. I booked 2 rooms & asked for adjoining rooms when I book e'er d my reservation 1month ahead. I was assured that I would have them together needless to say when I checked in my rooms were on 2 separate halls (same floor just different Halls. Then shortly after I checked in the POWER went out for 2 1/2 hours..We had to sit in the dark.. The hotel had NO GENERATOR and with me having my 10 month old son & 1 year old grandson this was truly a INNCONVINCE to me..The kids were disappointed they could swim & Enjoy their stay. I asked the front desk how was I going to be compensated for the troubles.They stated they were Private Owned & was not going to do anything.. (Poor Answer Poor Customer Service ) It's been as lost one month.I have called the General Manager on numerous occasions & still has not received a call back to discuss my stay..I will never stay here again..I have pretty much taken the loss on this stay and do not recommend this hotel due to Poor Customer Service.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was impressed with the professionalism of the front desk crew especially the man who drove us to the Metro Station. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who stays in the DC area. It is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the freeway are quieter
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Really happy that I made the decision of staying in this hotel. No a brand name, kinda had my doubts, but once a got to my room I knew I had made a great decision. Friendly staff, clean rooms, good breakfast. In all, family was happy.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Taunton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I agree 100% with what jwzimmy12 said regarding the hotel. I could not describe it any better. My wife wanted me to mention if you go by the mall try the Carolina Kitchen restaurant. Almost forgot, The Metro employees are very helpful and will walk you through the ticket process. M.D. Reid (Metro employee) Thanks for your help!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The price was decent. We arrived around 8:45 pm. We had reserved a room for one night they night before our stay. A little later that night we decided to add one more night, I booked it through hotels.com. I tried calling the Hotel to confirm that we would be in the same room both nights(so we didn't have to move our things around). The first woman I spoke to at the Hotel said she didn't see it on her computer. I then called hotels.com he said it was confirmed. So I called back and spoke to a man, who gave me an attitude saying the lady could of help me before. I was traveling to DC for a day and wanted to get there the night before (Earth Day Concerts 4/18/15) and stay the night again so I was all rested for the drive home. A main reason I stayed was because of the indoor pool. I had read a lot of reviews and they said the pool wasn't open, so I wasn't too hopeful. When we arrived checking in was easy she said the pool closed at 9pm so we couldn't make it in, but I was excited for the next day because I knew I would be in the sun all day at the concert. We go to bedroom and the bathroom is very small as well as the shower, and the part with the sink had no door. The bed was a king size but so uncomfortable I could feel the springs digging into my hips. There was a fainting sofa in the room as well with a huge stain on it. There was a working fridge and microwave. In the middle of the night (on both nights) We woke up sweating, we had the AC on max..it is like they shut the air off somehow over night!! The next morning we get up, the breakfast was more than a continental breakfast (muffins, bagels, eggs, sausage, waffle maker, yogurt etc.). We weren't too impressed but we weren't here for the food. We head out for the day, we get back and our room key doesn't work. They had told us we would be in the same room. We had to go back down and get a new room key. It was only 7:15 pm and I was sunburned badly and was looking forward to go swimming. We put our bathing suits on and headed down stairs only to see a sign stating the pool was closed!!!! And the pool didn't open until 11am when check out was so there was no hope of swimming. The lady at the front desk said there was a chlorine balancing issue so they had to close. We decided to go out to dinner near by. Overall, the stay was just okay. Uncomfortable room, pool closed, old elevators. The hotel is under construction but you couldn't really tell. There were a lot of shady people in the hotel. While we were packing up to leave, I could hear two women talking, the walls were so thin. They were loud and were talking about an inappropriate subject matter concerning STDS. I looked through the peephole and it was two women from House Keeping!!! They knew we were still in our room because they had asked what time we were leaving, it was disgusting and disgraceful. There was free Wi-Fi but I had to ask for the password and it was VERY SLOW! The area of Largo is shady as well. We went to dinner at Long John Slivers and the woman had an attitude. There was a hotel next to Avi Hotel Largo, it seemed nicer than this one, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I think the 6th floor is smoking because they have balconies. 5th Floor (where we were) had end room...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Avi Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!