“Uncomfortable Beds, Pool Closures, Small Bathrooms, Shady People, Just OK” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Avi Hotel Largo

You added Avi Hotel Largo to your Saves list
Avi Hotel Largo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9421 Largo Drive West, Largo, MD 20774 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
delaware
“Uncomfortable Beds, Pool Closures, Small Bathrooms, Shady People, Just OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The price was decent. We arrived around 8:45 pm. We had reserved a room for one night they night before our stay. A little later that night we decided to add one more night, I booked it through hotels.com. I tried calling the Hotel to confirm that we would be in the same room both nights(so we didn't have to move our things around). The first woman I spoke to at the Hotel said she didn't see it on her computer. I then called hotels.com he said it was confirmed. So I called back and spoke to a man, who gave me an attitude saying the lady could of help me before. I was traveling to DC for a day and wanted to get there the night before (Earth Day Concerts 4/18/15) and stay the night again so I was all rested for the drive home. A main reason I stayed was because of the indoor pool. I had read a lot of reviews and they said the pool wasn't open, so I wasn't too hopeful. When we arrived checking in was easy she said the pool closed at 9pm so we couldn't make it in, but I was excited for the next day because I knew I would be in the sun all day at the concert. We go to bedroom and the bathroom is very small as well as the shower, and the part with the sink had no door. The bed was a king size but so uncomfortable I could feel the springs digging into my hips. There was a fainting sofa in the room as well with a huge stain on it. There was a working fridge and microwave. In the middle of the night (on both nights) We woke up sweating, we had the AC on max..it is like they shut the air off somehow over night!! The next morning we get up, the breakfast was more than a continental breakfast (muffins, bagels, eggs, sausage, waffle maker, yogurt etc.). We weren't too impressed but we weren't here for the food. We head out for the day, we get back and our room key doesn't work. They had told us we would be in the same room. We had to go back down and get a new room key. It was only 7:15 pm and I was sunburned badly and was looking forward to go swimming. We put our bathing suits on and headed down stairs only to see a sign stating the pool was closed!!!! And the pool didn't open until 11am when check out was so there was no hope of swimming. The lady at the front desk said there was a chlorine balancing issue so they had to close. We decided to go out to dinner near by. Overall, the stay was just okay. Uncomfortable room, pool closed, old elevators. The hotel is under construction but you couldn't really tell. There were a lot of shady people in the hotel. While we were packing up to leave, I could hear two women talking, the walls were so thin. They were loud and were talking about an inappropriate subject matter concerning STDS. I looked through the peephole and it was two women from House Keeping!!! They knew we were still in our room because they had asked what time we were leaving, it was disgusting and disgraceful. There was free Wi-Fi but I had to ask for the password and it was VERY SLOW! The area of Largo is shady as well. We went to dinner at Long John Slivers and the woman had an attitude. There was a hotel next to Avi Hotel Largo, it seemed nicer than this one, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I think the 6th floor is smoking because they have balconies. 5th Floor (where we were) had end room...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was a great option for those looking to stay near D.C. by the metro. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. There is a free shuttle to the metro stop (Largo) that leaves on the hour, but you need to request it at the front desk. The room we booked online through Hotels.com was supposed to have 2 queens, but our room had 1 full and a pull-out couch, so you may want to call and confirm with hotel. The neighborhood is a business district with an outdoor mall/town center at the end of the street, but otherwise fairly safe to walk to the metro and back (you only pass 2 office buildings). Well worth the lower price to stay around D.C.

A/C was shotty, and elevator buttons seemed old/falling off, but you get what you pay for. I'm pretty laid back so that stuff didn't bother me, as it was a nice place to sleep while I spent the day in the city.

Room Tip: end/corner rooms have a balcony
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The heat was broken, room freezing, maintenance never came. There was a power outage that shut down the pool. Rooms are old & kind of dingy/dusty. Looks clean but finishes are bad. Staff very friendly

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was on a road trip with my husband and saw the rate was reasonable. Stayed there for my 30th birthday and the hotel is awful. They are undergoing a renovation because the hotel ideas sold to best western. We woke up sweating bc the heat went up to 76!!! Called the front desk and they had no one to come and foxy the heat. They told us someone woul be there in the morning afternoon. Well we were checking out that morning. So all the receptionist told us to do was to unplug the heat from the outlet. There was nothing she could do to us. All we wanted was to be moved to a new room! As we not rested, and tried calling the Manager, Sharon Hare, is never available. All I want is my money back bc that was an awful stay. Well she told me that the Owen would call me and it's been 3 weeks and still haven't heard. They don't care bc the hotel is sold to best western. Sharon is a rude manager and when the hotel is sold, I hope she doesn't stay there. The hotel policy is to provide us with a new room and nothing was done!!! Awfull Hotel!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was my first time purchasing and hotel, And The front desk attendant greeted me and my guess with open arms and great smile, her name was Antoinnette, she made sure that me and my guess had a pleasant stay at the Avi Hotel In Largo MD, She was great !!!!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed four nights while visiting museums in Washington DC. The hotel is within a few blocks of a Metro station that has two lines into town, and since they provide a free shuttle to and from the Metro, and there is a stop right on Capitol Mall, at the Smithsonian, this was an ideal place for me. It cost about $100 a night, compared with $300 for similar accommodations nearer in, and all I traded off was a 45-minute subway ride to get there. ($5.50 each way). The staff was SO polite, responsive, and professional, and the rates include a good breakfast (eggs, fruit, yogurt, whole grain breads, waffles, juices, sausage).
It's in a suburban area near a shopping mall and office park, within about a half-mile of the subway station, which seems to be mostly office workers.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This venue was formerly a Hampton Inn, but now apparently in hands of local ownership. Property is just a little rough around the edges, but staff eager to please. Example: Heating-AC unit in room was broken, but staff quickly furnished a portable heater, and then fixed the broken unit next day.

Great breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, juices, waffles, coffee, etc.

Located in upscale neighborhood home to several famous athletes.

Super shopping and dining places within 3-minute drive or 10-minute walk.

We'd stay again without any reservation at all.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Avi Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!