“Nice Staff/ Needs Updating” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Avi Hotel Largo

You added Avi Hotel Largo to your Saves list
Avi Hotel Largo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9421 Largo Drive West, Largo, MD 20774 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice Staff/ Needs Updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The heat was broken, room freezing, maintenance never came. There was a power outage that shut down the pool. Rooms are old & kind of dingy/dusty. Looks clean but finishes are bad. Staff very friendly

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

I was on a road trip with my husband and saw the rate was reasonable. Stayed there for my 30th birthday and the hotel is awful. They are undergoing a renovation because the hotel ideas sold to best western. We woke up sweating bc the heat went up to 76!!! Called the front desk and they had no one to come and foxy the heat. They told us someone woul be there in the morning afternoon. Well we were checking out that morning. So all the receptionist told us to do was to unplug the heat from the outlet. There was nothing she could do to us. All we wanted was to be moved to a new room! As we not rested, and tried calling the Manager, Sharon Hare, is never available. All I want is my money back bc that was an awful stay. Well she told me that the Owen would call me and it's been 3 weeks and still haven't heard. They don't care bc the hotel is sold to best western. Sharon is a rude manager and when the hotel is sold, I hope she doesn't stay there. The hotel policy is to provide us with a new room and nothing was done!!! Awfull Hotel!

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This was my first time purchasing and hotel, And The front desk attendant greeted me and my guess with open arms and great smile, her name was Antoinnette, she made sure that me and my guess had a pleasant stay at the Avi Hotel In Largo MD, She was great !!!!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed four nights while visiting museums in Washington DC. The hotel is within a few blocks of a Metro station that has two lines into town, and since they provide a free shuttle to and from the Metro, and there is a stop right on Capitol Mall, at the Smithsonian, this was an ideal place for me. It cost about $100 a night, compared with $300 for similar accommodations nearer in, and all I traded off was a 45-minute subway ride to get there. ($5.50 each way). The staff was SO polite, responsive, and professional, and the rates include a good breakfast (eggs, fruit, yogurt, whole grain breads, waffles, juices, sausage).
It's in a suburban area near a shopping mall and office park, within about a half-mile of the subway station, which seems to be mostly office workers.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This venue was formerly a Hampton Inn, but now apparently in hands of local ownership. Property is just a little rough around the edges, but staff eager to please. Example: Heating-AC unit in room was broken, but staff quickly furnished a portable heater, and then fixed the broken unit next day.

Great breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, juices, waffles, coffee, etc.

Located in upscale neighborhood home to several famous athletes.

Super shopping and dining places within 3-minute drive or 10-minute walk.

We'd stay again without any reservation at all.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night. The man that greeted us at the desk was pleasant. The lady behind the counter seemed like she was annoyed. Our room was okay. The toilet looked as if it could have been cleaned out better, the closet was off the track, there were exposed wires under the heating unit, and the biggest pet peeve of all was we could NOT swim in the pool. This was the whole reason we booked this hotel. The pool guy told us the health department was in today and he needed to put chemicals in it. It looked green and horrible. We complained at the front desk but they did not seem to really care. Miss Pleasant behind the counter really didn't care and the guy in the morning when we checked out was clueless of the situation. When I mentioned the pool he said, "we don't always have a life guard on duty". I explained a life guard was there but the pool was disgusting. I feel they should have taken a little money off for the room but all they would say was "sorry" and they hoped we would come back. We will not. Stay at the hotel next door "Stay America" it looked nice. This hotel is under renovations. We will not return. It was close to the metro, which was convenient. The breakfast wasn't bad. Wish I could say more positive things about this place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Mesa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015 via mobile

Staff was very friendly, and accommodating, however, we checked out early due to the constant stench of drugs, and the group of characters chain smoking in front of the hotel every night. We had to contact security a few times during the stay. The hotel looks old (although, they are currently remodeling) and there were a few items in the room that didn't work. I don't think I would ever stay here again. Nice staff, but we didn't feel safe at all.

• Stayed March 2015

Been to Avi Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!