“Awful customer service.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Avi Hotel Largo

You added Avi Hotel Largo to your Saves list
Avi Hotel Largo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9421 Largo Drive West, Largo, MD 20774 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Awful customer service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

i had one of the rooms in my house painted in the am. Because of the lingering fumes, I decided it would be best that me and my son (who has asthma) rent a hotel for the night. Logged onto Booking.com and confirmed a room with AVI Largo, which is near my son's school. Arrive at the hotel and I'm initially told they were sold out of rooms. After about 10 minutes, the front desk clerk had a worker check to see if a room was available. After about another 15 minutes, I was told a room was available but that now there's an issue with updating their computer with the correct fee. After being at this location for 30 minutes and no room,. I decided to call Booking.com and cancel the room -ALL WITH A TIRED AND HUNGRY 8 y/o who needed to go to bed early because testing the next day. I eventually booked a room at another hotel. Suffice it to say, this was absolutely the worst experience I have ever had reserving a room, and the frim desk clerk was extremely rude. I will never reserve a room through Booking.com and will certainly never stay at AVI Largo

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Newark, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here for one night. The man that greeted us at the desk was pleasant. The lady behind the counter seemed like she was annoyed. Our room was okay. The toilet looked as if it could have been cleaned out better, the closet was off the track, there were exposed wires under the heating unit, and the biggest pet peeve of all was we could NOT swim in the pool. This was the whole reason we booked this hotel. The pool guy told us the health department was in today and he needed to put chemicals in it. It looked green and horrible. We complained at the front desk but they did not seem to really care. Miss Pleasant behind the counter really didn't care and the guy in the morning when we checked out was clueless of the situation. When I mentioned the pool he said, "we don't always have a life guard on duty". I explained a life guard was there but the pool was disgusting. I feel they should have taken a little money off for the room but all they would say was "sorry" and they hoped we would come back. We will not. Stay at the hotel next door "Stay America" it looked nice. This hotel is under renovations. We will not return. It was close to the metro, which was convenient. The breakfast wasn't bad. Wish I could say more positive things about this place.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Mesa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Staff was very friendly, and accommodating, however, we checked out early due to the constant stench of drugs, and the group of characters chain smoking in front of the hotel every night. We had to contact security a few times during the stay. The hotel looks old (although, they are currently remodeling) and there were a few items in the room that didn't work. I don't think I would ever stay here again. Nice staff, but we didn't feel safe at all.

• Stayed March 2015
West Point, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here on a family trip to visit Washington, DC. The main reason we chose the hotel was the proximity to the metro and the pool, so our kids could swim. The staff at the front desk were very kind and helpful throughout our stay. The breakfast was fantastic, as well, and the breakfast room was spacious and looked newly remodeled. That is nearly where our positives end. Our room was rather small, for two queen beds. Having the entire family in the room made it very difficult. There were cigarette butts in the toilet, when we arrived, and the toilet would not flush, so we had to call maintenance, which took some time to arrive. We had to call for toilet issues three times during our stay. The pool area was okay, but when we arrived for our family to swim, we were told the pool was not heated, but we could swim if we wanted to. The person attending the pool seemed like he really would rather we did not swim, at all, though. This was very upsetting, since one of the reasons we chose the hotel was FOR the pool. My kids did still try to swim, but it lasted all of 15 minutes. The water seemed to have ice cubes in it. The most harrowing part of the stay was when we tried to find dinner, after returning from sightseeing. We ended up in an area not far from the hotel, that was not so pleasant, at all. We would not stay here, again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

I checked in the night of a snow storm & did so with ease. I've visited this hotel prior to its renovations. And I can honestly say it has come a long way. Extended my stay as well. I enjoyed my room. And I appreciated the breakfast. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2015
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

The day I stayed at the AVI HOTEL LARGRO- MARYLAND front desk service was excellent enjoyed the breakfast and the shuttle service looking forward when the dinning room would be a nice for happy hour get away !!!! Waiting on the grand opening !!!!!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
High Point
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

Spent 1 night here checking in on Feb 2. Booked room due to being close to home of family we were visiting and having accessible room to accommodate my elderly mother. Hadn't heard of Avi Hotel before and the reviews were very mixed. I figured if the place seemed run down on our arrival we would go somewhere else. To my relief the hotel was pleasant. The night attendant was nice and check in was quick. The room was clean, refrigerator and microwave worked. TV channels were ample and we were able to watch our favorite nightly shows. Hotel was close to popular take out and stores, it was a VERY cold night but the heat unit maintained the temperature just fine. Hotel was quiet and we had a pleasant nights rest. Would stay again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Been to Avi Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!