“Mixed Reviews” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Avi Hotel Largo

You added Avi Hotel Largo to your Saves list
Avi Hotel Largo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9421 Largo Drive West, Largo, MD 20774 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
West Point, New York
“Mixed Reviews”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed here on a family trip to visit Washington, DC. The main reason we chose the hotel was the proximity to the metro and the pool, so our kids could swim. The staff at the front desk were very kind and helpful throughout our stay. The breakfast was fantastic, as well, and the breakfast room was spacious and looked newly remodeled. That is nearly where our positives end. Our room was rather small, for two queen beds. Having the entire family in the room made it very difficult. There were cigarette butts in the toilet, when we arrived, and the toilet would not flush, so we had to call maintenance, which took some time to arrive. We had to call for toilet issues three times during our stay. The pool area was okay, but when we arrived for our family to swim, we were told the pool was not heated, but we could swim if we wanted to. The person attending the pool seemed like he really would rather we did not swim, at all, though. This was very upsetting, since one of the reasons we chose the hotel was FOR the pool. My kids did still try to swim, but it lasted all of 15 minutes. The water seemed to have ice cubes in it. The most harrowing part of the stay was when we tried to find dinner, after returning from sightseeing. We ended up in an area not far from the hotel, that was not so pleasant, at all. We would not stay here, again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I checked in the night of a snow storm & did so with ease. I've visited this hotel prior to its renovations. And I can honestly say it has come a long way. Extended my stay as well. I enjoyed my room. And I appreciated the breakfast. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2015
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The day I stayed at the AVI HOTEL LARGRO- MARYLAND front desk service was excellent enjoyed the breakfast and the shuttle service looking forward when the dinning room would be a nice for happy hour get away !!!! Waiting on the grand opening !!!!!!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
High Point
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent 1 night here checking in on Feb 2. Booked room due to being close to home of family we were visiting and having accessible room to accommodate my elderly mother. Hadn't heard of Avi Hotel before and the reviews were very mixed. I figured if the place seemed run down on our arrival we would go somewhere else. To my relief the hotel was pleasant. The night attendant was nice and check in was quick. The room was clean, refrigerator and microwave worked. TV channels were ample and we were able to watch our favorite nightly shows. Hotel was close to popular take out and stores, it was a VERY cold night but the heat unit maintained the temperature just fine. Hotel was quiet and we had a pleasant nights rest. Would stay again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Carollton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

Came to town to attend game at FedEx Stadium. Hotel was close to train/metro stops, and of course the stadium. Shuttle drivers were great, and the overall experience was good. Got the type of room I requested.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room for a king size bed but when I got to hear all they had was doubles and queens and also I put I do not want to be close by the elevator in my room is right across from elevator so this Hotel has not met my requirements and if it wasn't because it's so close to my daughter I will get a different hotel

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Largo, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

Given that there is no place like home, transitioning between homes landed me at Avi Hotel. I cannot say enough about the great staff members who were nothing but courteous and helpful. For me, customer service is everything. It is not about much else. The hotel is under renovations during my stay (yes, I am still here and in my 2nd week stay), however, I have been as comfortable as I could hope to be. The work has not disturbed me at all.
I travel frequently and use reviews to book my stays often when not staying at one of the major hotel properties. I took a chance on Avi because it was less than 3 miles from my job. I have NO regrets and would stay here again if I need to, as well as I recommend this hotel. It is a great home away from home in terms of my level of comfort.

Room Tip: Get a suite on the end! Great room with a balcony! Very quiet too.