“Room issue” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Avi Hotel Largo

You added Avi Hotel Largo to your Saves list
Avi Hotel Largo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9421 Largo Drive West, Largo, MD 20774 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Room issue”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I booked a room for a king size bed but when I got to hear all they had was doubles and queens and also I put I do not want to be close by the elevator in my room is right across from elevator so this Hotel has not met my requirements and if it wasn't because it's so close to my daughter I will get a different hotel

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Largo, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Given that there is no place like home, transitioning between homes landed me at Avi Hotel. I cannot say enough about the great staff members who were nothing but courteous and helpful. For me, customer service is everything. It is not about much else. The hotel is under renovations during my stay (yes, I am still here and in my 2nd week stay), however, I have been as comfortable as I could hope to be. The work has not disturbed me at all.
I travel frequently and use reviews to book my stays often when not staying at one of the major hotel properties. I took a chance on Avi because it was less than 3 miles from my job. I have NO regrets and would stay here again if I need to, as well as I recommend this hotel. It is a great home away from home in terms of my level of comfort.

Room Tip: Get a suite on the end! Great room with a balcony! Very quiet too.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

The staff was extremely helpful and pleasant and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good too! There's a beautiful lake nearby if you want to take a walk. We were there in the fall and the foliage was in full bloom.

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

Ok, it is clean and somehow comfortable, though far away from everything but fedex arena.

Vending machines were empty, it doesn't have a restaurant nor a guest laundry.
Printer at the unique computer available wasn't working.....

Wi-Fi was pretty good.

But actually, what I really disliked was the attitude of a few front desk employees.

It seamed they were making a favor instead of working.

I won't stay there again.

Edgefield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014

One of the elevators was broken and it took 5-10 mins to get up n down floors. When I got settled in my room, my refridgerator was broken, which resulted in having to move to another room. Many channels on the tv were not available. The price of the room was too much for what you are receiving.

• Stayed October 2014
Plymouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2014

Comfortable hotel, good size rooms, staffed by extremely friendly people. Location is a short walk to the Largo Metro station, or the courtesy bus will take you/pick up. Breakfast pretty basic, but good enough. Overall an absolute gem given the price I paid, just under £50 a night.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the highway
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Bronx, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel just for the night. My family and I ( myself, my partner, my mother-in-law, my niece and nephew) took a weekend trip to Washington D.C. Since the drive is long we decided to stay a hotel to rest up before the trip back to New York. After checking in we arrived to our floor and the carpet gave off a musty smell. Even though the room was a little used and abused (cracked ac/heater unit, thumbtacks holding up the bathroom wallpaper and loose light fixtures) but it was ok just for the night. I noticed that our room had a door that lead to an adjoining room but did not know if anyone was staying in there until about 3:00 in the morning when the guests arrived being loud and obnoxious. They then proceeded to have sex very loudly. I was so upset because we had children with us and I couldn't believe that the hotel would allow family's to share the same floor as couples. In the morning at check-out we complained about the inappropriateness of the guests next door and was informed that the hotel was booked so we couldn't be moved to another room (didn't matter because we were leaving) and was also informed that rooms are booked randomly and no preference is given to travelers with young children. The point of staying at a hotel was to get rest which we were not able to do. We were willing to pay 92.00 for the night given that the hotel provided free breakfast, parking, and an indoor pool but soon realized that it was not even worth it.It is not a heated pool so we couldn't even get to use it because the water was ice cold. The breakfast was less than mediocre and the exit of the parking lot requires to twist and turn through out the lot just to get back on the highway. I will never stay at this hotel again. Crazy thing I have stayed in other hotels that were cheaper and yet way better of a stay. Besides this hotel our trip D.C. was wonderful and we will visit again with the kids just staying as far as possible from this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not get an adjoining room!!!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Avi Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!