“Thomas L.Johnson#28” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avi Hotel Largo

Save Saved
You added Avi Hotel Largo to your Saves list
Avi Hotel Largo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9421 Largo Drive West, Largo, MD 20774 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Largo
“Thomas L.Johnson#28”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a very good hotel to stay for big events. We had our Annual Masonic Event here. Clean reasonable pricing, friendly service. We met both the hotel owner and general manager personally and they helped us every step of the way. Plus it very close to the shops and metro to Downtown DC.

Nice place to stay.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

While till unloading our luggage, a man came into the parking lot with a cart to help us. There was a damp sticky spot on the floor but we mentioned the next morning and it was clean and dry in the evening. We had hoped to use the pool, but the law in Maryland says there has to be a lifeguard and the 2:00-9:00 hours didn't work into our schedule. The breakfast room is huge, with an ample breakfast of both hot and cold food. The free parking was a bonus to us, and though the Metro was close, the access to major roads was so easy we decided to keep using our car.

Room Tip: They are still painting the exterior, but they put us on a floor away from the painting without us a...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Yorktown, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is an old Hampton Inn that was undergoing renovation when we stayed there. The hotel was very clean and the staff is exceptionally polite and attentive. My only issues with this hotel concern the uncomfortable beds and a rather plain breakfast buffet. The beds are exceptionally firm and did not do my back any favors. Other than that, the hotel has great potential. The staff really make this property shine and the cleaning crew is top-notch. No issues with my stay. I would stay there again, only next time I will bring a memory foam mattress topper.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel was under renovation at the time of my stay. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was more than just bagels and muffins; there were fresh eggs and canadian bacon. I met the owner and he was and extremely nice gentleman and solicited my feedback on the renovations of the building. I would definitely recommend this hotel as it was a great value and the staff are extremely pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Hamilton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel was your average property nd worth the price we paid. In proximity to Fedex Field the location was great as we were in town for the Manchester United game. It would have been nice to know in advance where not to park our car as the outside of the hotel was being painted and when we returned from being away for the day it was surrounded by yellow police tape and covered in dusk. 2-3 areas like this around the hotel left very little spots to park. Something should have been set up with the hotel beside it. As we travel quite regularly, minor details make all the difference and this hotel could pay attention to a few. The sink being outside the shower is a pain if you have people that get up in the night and you're a light sleeper. The clock radio needed extensive instructions and i never figured it out. How to set the time, or make the alarm work or even see the numbers in the night. The towel situation never worked out...we had a family of 4 and started out with 3. When we requested more we never got them. The next day our room never got made up. The following day we got towels but not washcloths. Again these may seem minor but they do make a difference. Its important to know the pool closes at 9 if you plan on being out all day. Other than these minor details the staff we encountered were friendly. Special thanks Angelica and the shuttle bus drivers....thank you!

Room Tip: Probably best to stay off the first floor
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Monroe Nc
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When we checked in,nothing was what we were told it would be.We were there for the Manchester United game. The shuttle bus Was a joke.The hotel was under construction.Worst stay ever. Called the general management,she didn't offer to better our stay. Buyers beware. Don't get suckered in on this hotel. If I were you stay next door at the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have been here numerous times over the past few years, and have always enjoyed my stay. I have been in many rooms, and never had a complaint with the rooms. I would consider myself a somewhat particular traveler. However, I am usually realistic, based on what you are getting for the price you are paying. In this instance, I feel the hotel delivers on all aspects. The rooms are all very updated as is the lobby, business center (both small, but standard for the type and size of property). The breakfast space is massive, you should always be able to find seating (which is not typical of most properties this size), and having had many continental breakfasts, would rank this as one of the best in keeping with similar properties. They always have some type or warm egg and a meat, as well as a waffle maker (which many do not), in addition to the typical items.
My only caution would be you will most likely hear traffic from the highway outside. I run the fan on the AC unit all night so this does not particularly bother me, since I prefer that to noise that comes from within the hotel.
And my only true complaint is management. The GM is possibly one of the least helpful I have encountered in my years of travel. The staff is, for the most part more than accommodating. However, there is (as of this spring) only one person at the front desk at night, and that one person is responsible for answering all calls, check-in's, guest questions/complaints, etc. It appears the only other person on site is the person responsible for fixing random issues. If you need additional towels, have an issue with a room key not working, etc., it can take forever to deal with as there is only ONE person to handle all sorts of random questions on top of their actual job. This includes when groups are in house, which is where it really becomes an issue. They need to staff more appropriately when housing groups, or when they have reservation heavy evenings.
Other than that, fantastic property in every way.

Room Tip: Higher floors will not hear any events going on in conference space. That being said, that is the on...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Avi Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!