“Happy customer” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avi Hotel Largo

Save Saved
You added Avi Hotel Largo to your Saves list
Avi Hotel Largo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9421 Largo Drive West, Largo, MD 20774 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Largo
“Happy customer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We enjoyed our four night stay with two queen beds (a big plus). The room and beds are clean and A/C is quiet. Breakfast is good but not great. Price is fair. Hotel is close to metro subway station but we chose to drive to downtown instead. Internet is fast. Also it has the USB charging station to charge all your devices (very convenient).

Stayed July 2014

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Landover, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The manager is disrespect to her guest not helpful at all. I will never stay at that hotel for a vacation again. The room suck smell like damp carpet the duvet are dirty and smells like urine.the bathroom wasn't clean the breakfast was okay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
djc53187
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Staff were friendly and helpful, and the rooms were clean and smelled fresh. Microwave and refrigerator was at our convenience. Hotel was near six flags america and only a 20min drive to washington DC. Also, there is a lot of good restaurant's and outlet stores near by. No complaints, would stay again

• Stayed July 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Made reservations through Hotels.com for a stay in May. Was not sure what to expect because the name was unfamiliar. Was surprising pleased. My entire experience was great. First, I needed to change my reservation to a different date at the last minute, the staff was very accommodating and made my change with no extra charges. Second, the refrigerator in my room wasn't working properly and the staff quickly placed me in another room that was the same as what I had. Last, breakfast was better than I expected. The waffles were great and there was a big variety of other items to along with them. I really liked this place. The staff, from the front desk to maintenance to the breakfast assistant, were very nice people.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was my was my worst expericence!!! Family trip 2 rooms were booked at reservation but, we were not together. After waiting forever , We went to one of our rooms & it was already occupied by someone else. We went back to front desk (wait again) they never gave an apology, ( the General manager helped us) just said I don't understand how that could be.Then when we finally got our next room we had to end up on seperate floors.Their service at the front desk was SLOW & other customer's were at the desk complaining as well.( trying to do too many things at once, tyring to fix our problem & another customer's at the same time) The fridge rattled all night long. The pool didn't open til 2:00 pm so the kids could not enjoy the pool before we went out for the day. The power went out twice & no storm. We had to call twice for the shuttle pick up from the metro ( which is not that far) There was no book in room of TV line up or restaurants. The breakfast hours need to be longer we had to get up extra early. I call the corp office on June 30th & was told someone would call we back as of today July 18, 2014 no one has called me. Anytime a 13 year old said they HATED the hotel & wanted to go home is not good!

Caracas, Venezuela
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My nightmare with this hotel has not ended yet… but I feel is my duty to write this review as soon as possible.
I made plans to go to Washington with a couple of friends and our babies, but the weekend we chose everything was full, so this was the only place that had rooms available. I made a reservation for 2 double rooms, and arrive to the hotel at around 10 pm. The first thing that I did not like was the fact that the name at the top of the hotel was a banner (in very bad shape I must say), at night it actually looked like the place was abandoned, but I had no more options so me and my friends went in.
We did our check in and ask for 2 cribs, as we both have 6 and 9 months old babies, and the response was that they only had 1 crib. After getting our keys, we went to our floor and when we tried to get into our assigned room… surprise! The room was occupied!!! I ask my wife to stay in my friend room and wait while I got our room.
Went down and did not get a sorry right away, I just got a “I know what happened, a minute please…”. 30 minutes had passed and they could not find an available room. It seemed like the two ladies in the reception had no control, as at a point they even ask someone to actually physically check a couple of rooms to see if they were empty. After a long trip and 30 minutes of wait, I told them not to worry, I would stay in my friend’s room.
Next day, I finally got a room. I ask for a crib again and after a couple of hours I got one, but it was broken. I asked for a new one, and after an hour, I finally decided to go down to the reception and pick it up myself.
I went home, I thought that the nightmare was over, but no… I checked my credit card statement and there was a charge for 2 nights! Call them up to ask for a refund, and they told me that they had no records of any charge to my credit card, that by their records, no charge was done to my credit card for the one night that I stayed. I sent them a fax with the copy of the charge in my credit card more than a week ago, got one follow up call, and have not heard from them anymore… and no refund yet!!
In a nut shell, DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!! HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I'm not a very demanding traveler or looking for the "wow" experience. Clean room, warm breakfast and reasonably priced. They did have 2 functioning waffle makers. To affirm other reviewers, if the hotel was heavily booked, then you can expect a line up for the waffle maker. Selection was adequate given that it was complementary. Most hotels would charge to have this variety, if not a poorer selection. Staff was courteous, very helpful and followed through on our requests. Having the metro in proximity was one of the driving factors on choosing this hotel. Stayed for multiple nights. Only negative was that on one of the days, the chambermaid insisted on cleaning our room "now or never". I'm sure that she could had come back later when we were gone for the day. Overall, I would rebook at this property. On condition that I am not requested to permit cleaning of my room while I am still there before 11 am.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Avi Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!