“Never AGAIN!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Avi Hotel Largo

You added Avi Hotel Largo to your Saves list
Avi Hotel Largo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9421 Largo Drive West, Largo, MD 20774 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Richmond, Virginia
“Never AGAIN!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This was my was my worst expericence!!! Family trip 2 rooms were booked at reservation but, we were not together. After waiting forever , We went to one of our rooms & it was already occupied by someone else. We went back to front desk (wait again) they never gave an apology, ( the General manager helped us) just said I don't understand how that could be.Then when we finally got our next room we had to end up on seperate floors.Their service at the front desk was SLOW & other customer's were at the desk complaining as well.( trying to do too many things at once, tyring to fix our problem & another customer's at the same time) The fridge rattled all night long. The pool didn't open til 2:00 pm so the kids could not enjoy the pool before we went out for the day. The power went out twice & no storm. We had to call twice for the shuttle pick up from the metro ( which is not that far) There was no book in room of TV line up or restaurants. The breakfast hours need to be longer we had to get up extra early. I call the corp office on June 30th & was told someone would call we back as of today July 18, 2014 no one has called me. Anytime a 13 year old said they HATED the hotel & wanted to go home is not good!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Caracas, Venezuela
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My nightmare with this hotel has not ended yet… but I feel is my duty to write this review as soon as possible.
I made plans to go to Washington with a couple of friends and our babies, but the weekend we chose everything was full, so this was the only place that had rooms available. I made a reservation for 2 double rooms, and arrive to the hotel at around 10 pm. The first thing that I did not like was the fact that the name at the top of the hotel was a banner (in very bad shape I must say), at night it actually looked like the place was abandoned, but I had no more options so me and my friends went in.
We did our check in and ask for 2 cribs, as we both have 6 and 9 months old babies, and the response was that they only had 1 crib. After getting our keys, we went to our floor and when we tried to get into our assigned room… surprise! The room was occupied!!! I ask my wife to stay in my friend room and wait while I got our room.
Went down and did not get a sorry right away, I just got a “I know what happened, a minute please…”. 30 minutes had passed and they could not find an available room. It seemed like the two ladies in the reception had no control, as at a point they even ask someone to actually physically check a couple of rooms to see if they were empty. After a long trip and 30 minutes of wait, I told them not to worry, I would stay in my friend’s room.
Next day, I finally got a room. I ask for a crib again and after a couple of hours I got one, but it was broken. I asked for a new one, and after an hour, I finally decided to go down to the reception and pick it up myself.
I went home, I thought that the nightmare was over, but no… I checked my credit card statement and there was a charge for 2 nights! Call them up to ask for a refund, and they told me that they had no records of any charge to my credit card, that by their records, no charge was done to my credit card for the one night that I stayed. I sent them a fax with the copy of the charge in my credit card more than a week ago, got one follow up call, and have not heard from them anymore… and no refund yet!!
In a nut shell, DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!! HORRIBLE, TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I'm not a very demanding traveler or looking for the "wow" experience. Clean room, warm breakfast and reasonably priced. They did have 2 functioning waffle makers. To affirm other reviewers, if the hotel was heavily booked, then you can expect a line up for the waffle maker. Selection was adequate given that it was complementary. Most hotels would charge to have this variety, if not a poorer selection. Staff was courteous, very helpful and followed through on our requests. Having the metro in proximity was one of the driving factors on choosing this hotel. Stayed for multiple nights. Only negative was that on one of the days, the chambermaid insisted on cleaning our room "now or never". I'm sure that she could had come back later when we were gone for the day. Overall, I would rebook at this property. On condition that I am not requested to permit cleaning of my room while I am still there before 11 am.

Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

All around I was pleased. We stayed here to be close to Washington but also not to far from the Naval Academy. the train into Washington was 5 minuets from the hotel and they even pick-up and drop off. The car ride to the Naval Academy was 25-30 minutes. Breakfast was good. there is a beverage station in the lobby so you can always have a hot coffee or tea if needed. The people at the counter were helpful and nice. the only minor thing to complain about was there were no newspapers in the morning and they really need to get two or three waffle machines so they can keep the line moving. if I ever go back to Washington I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Terrible service, with inexperienced staff. My wife called to check on a credit card authorization, and was told one thing, then when I called (and asked for a manager) was told it was the managers second day, and she didn't have access to the system to check authorizations. I'm sure training at such an establishment is not so lax as to put a on a new MOD with no training, or system access. Well, now that it's not a hilton brand, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Location is not enough to save this hotel from us looking elsewhere. Don't bother.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mahopac, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Just stayed two nights at Avi Hotel Largo. My kids enjoyed the pool, my wife and I enjoyed the close proximity to the Blue line on the DC Metro train line. Half mile walk to the train station with trains every 6-12 minutes and a 30-40 minute trip downtown.

The hotel was a Hampton Inn until recently and is now privately branded. But don't let that deter you. The staff is making up for their lack of a national brand name by trying harder.

The room size and bathroom layout are standard. Our room was clean enough, the hotel staff was pleasant and accommodating and the free breakfast was convenient. Breakfast could be spruced up a bit, however. The waffle maker was always busy, a second waffle maker would really help. Some additional food choices like hard boiled eggs, bananas, granola, a choice of yogurt, etc. would be nice. Don't get me wrong, the scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon (depends on the day) and juice choices were adequate to get the day going.

The indoor pool was very nice. The ceiling had many skylights, but the sun wasn't too bright which was just right for us. A lifeguard is on duty when the pool is open (11-9), the water was a nice temperature and the area was clean and well maintained. Bring some water toys for the kids.

A Walmart is only 10 minutes northwest of the hotel if you forget your water toys or some other needed item. Great shopping is only five minutes north at the next exit (back roads are quicker) with a Wegmans Gourmet grocery store (really great hot and cold food buffet), Best Buy, Chipotle Grille, and many other stores.

Some descent quick food choices across the highway from the hotel including Cameron's Seafood, a seafood store that will cook anything you buy or prepare meals to go with an extensive menu and a couple of tables if you'd rather eat there.

I'd recommend this hotel to any traveler looking to stay in a two star hotel. Not quite sure what makes it a three star in the listings, but didn't care much. One question for the hotel manager. Why did the fire alarm go off twice one night randomly?

NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed at the Avi for a business trip to DC. Largo is a nice area and the hotel is surrounded with shopping centers and only 30-40 mins on the Blue line metro to DC.

Rooms are average and seem worn down. It was clean and spacious though and that is really all you can ask for. The walls are thin and some moron above had his TV on full blast at 4am. Wifi works great, gym was ok and it has a giant pool. They give you free breakfast which was good as well before heading out. I only had toast and coffee.. so it wasnt exactly like a posh buffet.

Overall if you are on a budget and want to visit the capital this is the place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Avi Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!