“Great for the Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Avi Hotel Largo

Save Saved
You added Avi Hotel Largo to your Saves list
Avi Hotel Largo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9421 Largo Drive West, Largo, MD 20774 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Hollywood, Florida
“Great for the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

All around I was pleased. We stayed here to be close to Washington but also not to far from the Naval Academy. the train into Washington was 5 minuets from the hotel and they even pick-up and drop off. The car ride to the Naval Academy was 25-30 minutes. Breakfast was good. there is a beverage station in the lobby so you can always have a hot coffee or tea if needed. The people at the counter were helpful and nice. the only minor thing to complain about was there were no newspapers in the morning and they really need to get two or three waffle machines so they can keep the line moving. if I ever go back to Washington I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Terrible service, with inexperienced staff. My wife called to check on a credit card authorization, and was told one thing, then when I called (and asked for a manager) was told it was the managers second day, and she didn't have access to the system to check authorizations. I'm sure training at such an establishment is not so lax as to put a on a new MOD with no training, or system access. Well, now that it's not a hilton brand, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Location is not enough to save this hotel from us looking elsewhere. Don't bother.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Mahopac, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Just stayed two nights at Avi Hotel Largo. My kids enjoyed the pool, my wife and I enjoyed the close proximity to the Blue line on the DC Metro train line. Half mile walk to the train station with trains every 6-12 minutes and a 30-40 minute trip downtown.

The hotel was a Hampton Inn until recently and is now privately branded. But don't let that deter you. The staff is making up for their lack of a national brand name by trying harder.

The room size and bathroom layout are standard. Our room was clean enough, the hotel staff was pleasant and accommodating and the free breakfast was convenient. Breakfast could be spruced up a bit, however. The waffle maker was always busy, a second waffle maker would really help. Some additional food choices like hard boiled eggs, bananas, granola, a choice of yogurt, etc. would be nice. Don't get me wrong, the scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon (depends on the day) and juice choices were adequate to get the day going.

The indoor pool was very nice. The ceiling had many skylights, but the sun wasn't too bright which was just right for us. A lifeguard is on duty when the pool is open (11-9), the water was a nice temperature and the area was clean and well maintained. Bring some water toys for the kids.

A Walmart is only 10 minutes northwest of the hotel if you forget your water toys or some other needed item. Great shopping is only five minutes north at the next exit (back roads are quicker) with a Wegmans Gourmet grocery store (really great hot and cold food buffet), Best Buy, Chipotle Grille, and many other stores.

Some descent quick food choices across the highway from the hotel including Cameron's Seafood, a seafood store that will cook anything you buy or prepare meals to go with an extensive menu and a couple of tables if you'd rather eat there.

I'd recommend this hotel to any traveler looking to stay in a two star hotel. Not quite sure what makes it a three star in the listings, but didn't care much. One question for the hotel manager. Why did the fire alarm go off twice one night randomly?

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed at the Avi for a business trip to DC. Largo is a nice area and the hotel is surrounded with shopping centers and only 30-40 mins on the Blue line metro to DC.

Rooms are average and seem worn down. It was clean and spacious though and that is really all you can ask for. The walls are thin and some moron above had his TV on full blast at 4am. Wifi works great, gym was ok and it has a giant pool. They give you free breakfast which was good as well before heading out. I only had toast and coffee.. so it wasnt exactly like a posh buffet.

Overall if you are on a budget and want to visit the capital this is the place.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was very impressed with how warm and friendly the staff at this hotel was. They made me feel welcome from the moment I walked in the door until the moment I checked out. Everything I needed, they took care of me, like the "extra pillows" I always ask for, which they brought promptly. The beds in the room were very comfortable and conducive to a good night's sleep. Great customer service is sometimes elusive in our society today, so when you get it at a place like this, I feel compelled to compliment the establishment and congratulate them on a job well done.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My fiancée and I stayed here with our two year old. NEVER AGAIN! First of all they over sold the rooms so we were left with a room we did not want. Once we got into the room, there were stains on the pillow cases and sheets. I called down to the front desk and it took over two hours for someone to address the issues AND after that my fiancée still had to go down stairs to retrieve the new linen. The last issue I really had is I ended up leaving my sons crocs at the room. Once I realized it, I called THE SAME DAY and asked if they had found the shoes. The front desk operator told me to call back in a hour. I called back and he told me that the maid had THREW THEM AWAY! How do you throw someone else's possessions away? Do you not have a lost and found? Well, the front desk operator let me know that the maid would replace them. Well my fiancée went back to this hotel the next day and the senior manager (Sharon) told him she would not replace them after the maid said she would. I've been calling her for 2 weeks now with no response. Now its not even about the amount of the shoes but, the principle and if anyone ever asks me to recommend a hotel I WOULD NOT recommend Avi Hotel at Largo.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sharon M, General Manager at Avi Hotel Largo, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Hello Doshaun V. Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We apologize for your experience. Since your stay with us we have made changes to our policies/procedures and personnel to ensure all guest receive requested reserved rooms which are clean and refreshing upon guest entrance. The shoe incident was investigated as shared it would be and a message was left on the number provided. Please contact me regarding. Again we apologize and want you to return to the Avi Hotel as well as recommend to others.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We arrived on sat of memorial day weekend. The air conditioning in the room was broke, we called the front desk, they said they'd send someone to look at it. No one ever came! The microwave in the room doesnt work. We had to wait 8 hours for extra towels and never even got the extra pillows we asked for! The pillows they give you standard are for a twin size bed and you get 3 per king/queen bed! So 1 person is just out of luck! Im so angry we paid this much more for a decent room and got the same piss poor service and room that we got for $59/night at the Knights Inn! Just go there and save your money!

• Stayed May 2014
Hello Jsines28. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We truly and sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced while staying with us. We take great pride in the accommodation and services we provide and work hard to ensure everything in our rooms is in good working order. As well as making quick responses to requests and issues. We clearly dropped the ball here. Please contact me directly to discuss making this right as I cannot determine your contact information from this review. I look forward to speaking with you.

Been to Avi Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!