“Disappointing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Avi Hotel Largo

You added Avi Hotel Largo to your Saves list
Avi Hotel Largo
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9421 Largo Drive West, Largo, MD 20774 (Formerly Hampton Inn)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

My fiancée and I stayed here with our two year old. NEVER AGAIN! First of all they over sold the rooms so we were left with a room we did not want. Once we got into the room, there were stains on the pillow cases and sheets. I called down to the front desk and it took over two hours for someone to address the issues AND after that my fiancée still had to go down stairs to retrieve the new linen. The last issue I really had is I ended up leaving my sons crocs at the room. Once I realized it, I called THE SAME DAY and asked if they had found the shoes. The front desk operator told me to call back in a hour. I called back and he told me that the maid had THREW THEM AWAY! How do you throw someone else's possessions away? Do you not have a lost and found? Well, the front desk operator let me know that the maid would replace them. Well my fiancée went back to this hotel the next day and the senior manager (Sharon) told him she would not replace them after the maid said she would. I've been calling her for 2 weeks now with no response. Now its not even about the amount of the shoes but, the principle and if anyone ever asks me to recommend a hotel I WOULD NOT recommend Avi Hotel at Largo.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sharon M, General Manager at Avi Hotel Largo, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Hello Doshaun V. Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. We apologize for your experience. Since your stay with us we have made changes to our policies/procedures and personnel to ensure all guest receive requested reserved rooms which are clean and refreshing upon guest entrance. The shoe incident was investigated as shared it would be and a message was left on the number provided. Please contact me regarding. Again we apologize and want you to return to the Avi Hotel as well as recommend to others.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We arrived on sat of memorial day weekend. The air conditioning in the room was broke, we called the front desk, they said they'd send someone to look at it. No one ever came! The microwave in the room doesnt work. We had to wait 8 hours for extra towels and never even got the extra pillows we asked for! The pillows they give you standard are for a twin size bed and you get 3 per king/queen bed! So 1 person is just out of luck! Im so angry we paid this much more for a decent room and got the same piss poor service and room that we got for $59/night at the Knights Inn! Just go there and save your money!

• Stayed May 2014
Hello Jsines28. Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We truly and sincerely apologize for the problems you experienced while staying with us. We take great pride in the accommodation and services we provide and work hard to ensure everything in our rooms is in good working order. As well as making quick responses to requests and issues. We clearly dropped the ball here. Please contact me directly to discuss making this right as I cannot determine your contact information from this review. I look forward to speaking with you.
Ahoskie, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Stayed 2 nights. Room was somewhat clean, clean enough to sleep in, bathroom could have been cleaner. First day breakfast was good, the second day not so much, waffle mix was too watery and did not make waffle. Staff at the front desk was very helpful and the shuttle was nice. My problem was that money was stolen from my wallet which was closed inside of my purse that I left in the room when we went into DC for the day. My explaination from Sharon in management was that it was my fault for leaving money in my room. I did not leave money laying out it, was secured in my purse. She did not offer to reimburse me or compensate for my loss only told me it was my fault. She did not even appoligize! I will shout from the rooftop to all I know DONT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Keep all your blongings with you or get a safe deposit box even for minimal cash.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello Sharon C. Thank you for the Trip Advisor review. On behalf of every team member of our hotel, we apologize for your experience with us. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service and regret letting you down. We appreciate your feedback and will use as tool to improve in all areas including my response to guests. It was truly not my intent to give you impression it was your fault. We take all incidents seriously. We immediately investigated your concerns and took appropriate action to ensure these incidents never happen again. Again myself along with our team sincerely apologize and hope you will give us another chance. I will contact you regarding your next stay.
Charlottesville, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I suppose the old saying is true, "you get what you pay for." I was not impressed with this hotel at all. The AC unit rattled like a freight train, I had to place a phone book on it to keep the casing still. Our room was right next to highway so all night I was serenaded by sirens and street bikes whizzing by. In the morning, I entered the bathroom to take a nice, refreshing shower only to pull back the curtain and find the shower wall covered in long, female hair. Then I glanced down in the corner to see grime and "another form" of hair (GROSS). When I made the Front Desk attendant aware of the situation his response was,"ok." No, "I'm so sorry for the inconvenience." I will NEVER stay at this location again nor any of its chains.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the highway. Make sure the room was actually cleaned. Better yet, just don...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Karla L. Thank you for the Trip Advisor review. We appreciate your taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. We sincerely apologize for your experience with us. We’re taking actions based on your comments to ensure these incidents do not reoccur. We do hope you will give us another chance. Please contact me personally to discuss your future stay with us.
Sidney, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

The hotel is located about 20minute from downtown DC by subway. The staff was very helpful and courteous, but the cleanliness of the hotel wasn't the greatest. There was hair in the bathtub and on the floor as well as a lot of dust in the room. The AC was working, but it was noisy. The breakfast was adequate, my only concern was the fact one day we showed up at the end of breakfast time and the lady literally kicked everyone out. For the price and location a good deal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sharon M, General Manager at Avi Hotel Largo, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Hello JanettaN. Thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your comments and will work diligently toward improvement. We have discussed your concerns as a team to ensure our cleaning standards are adhered to as well as all guest feel welcomed in all areas of the hotel….especially breakfast. Again thanks for sharing and we hope to see you again…soon. Sharon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

The sfaff was very friendly and helpful. they were knowledgeable. The facility was clean and well cared for. Breakfast was nice and well stocked. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The Van drivers were courteous and patient with tourist.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Hello MaurineM. Thank you for the Trip Advisor review. We appreciate your kind remarks. Our team is focused on ensuring each guest has the best experience possible. We strive for EXCELLENCE and it great to hear met our goal with your stay! We thank you for sharing your thoughts with others. We look forward to your next stay with us. Sharon
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Spent 4 nights here on a family vacation to Washington DC. We were quite pleased with the hotel. The hotel is older, but kept clean. Staff is quite friendly and helpful. I don't think I ever walked past a member of the staff without receiving a greeting.
I did a lot of price checking before I booked. The price for this hotel was very reasonable. Especially considering free parking and hot breakfast.
The pillow cases didn't seem clean when we got there, so my husband went to desk to ask for clean ones. Instead of just pillow cases they gave him two brand new pillows still in plastic for us to use.
Very short walk to metro line, or the shuttle was also available and convenient. Mike was very nice.
Only problem we had was that the room temperature couldn't be adjusted. It was set on 72 and we couldn't change it. With 4 of us in the room, it got very stuffy. Especially as it got rather warm while we were there. Coming off a cold Buffalo winter, we weren't used to it.
I would gladly stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello my3monkees. Thank you for taking time to give us a TripAdvisor review. The Avi Hotel Largo is located just outside Washington DC which is one of our best features. We also offer shuttle service within a 3 mile radius. Our most popular stop is the Largo Metro with is less than a mile. We appreciate your kind remarks as well as sharing where we can improve. We will continue striving for excellence as we address these areas. We look forward to your return stay on your next DC vacation. Sharon

Been to Avi Hotel Largo? Share your experiences!