“Please take my advice and STAY AWAY” 1 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9050 Lanham Severn Road, Lanham, MD 20706   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
Queensbury, New York
“Please take my advice and STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

where doI began? I booked with this hotel for a weekend get away (Fri-Sun). When my fiancee and I arrived we were given our room key, as we went to enter our room there was already a man sleeping in what was supposed to be our room. We went back down to the front desk to let the hotel associate know someone was already occupying our room-- By the time that was situated the only room they had available was a handicap room with dirty blood stained sheets and rips in the blanket. I asked if we could change rooms but nothing would be available until the next day (Saturday morning) Saturday morning came and we took a peek in our room. The room was a little better in the sense it had a microwave and refrigerator. I followed my instinct and took ALL MY BELONGINGS with me. After a long day of enjoying Washington DC my fiancee and I went to go back to our room, that was once again given away because "THE STAFF THOUGHT WE LEFT BECAUSE THEY DIDNT SEE ANY OF OUR BELONGINGS LEFT IN THE ROOM" once again after that was situated we ended up back in the room we started in. PLEASE, stay away from this place... maybe if you're a truck driver and need a last min place to sleep-- but do not stay here if you are with your family.. This place is filled with crime activity which is why I carried my luggage with me when I left the room for the day. This hotel is also roach infested. I have a video of a roach crawling around our room... just horrible ! stay away ! Please ! oh, the staff is nice and friendly so that helped a little bit but it does not make up for the rooms, dirty, filthy, insects, and ripped sheets. This place needs to be torn down and built again from bottom up. complete renovation !

Room Tip: Stay away ! Dirty ! Bugs ! Crime ! A lot of activity going on outside, you will not be able to get p...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

THIS PROPERTY ON LANHAM SEVERN ROAD IS DOUBLES AS A SHELTER!!!! We went to check in No Manager All day, room was not clean. People arguing and fighting and pit bulls running around in the parking lot. I felt so sorry for these poor girls trying to do their best with no manager. At least they were smart enough not to argue with anyone and made sure to refund our money. I worry for their safety.

Room Tip: RUN!!! try the other one at exit 197. That one is a Corporate owned hotel.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

I recently stayed here while on vacation with my fiancé and two friends. We were greeted by friendly faces at the front desk which seemed to be newly remodeled. We booked two king sized handicapped rooms which were located on the second floor in a hotel that has no elevator, this makes no sense to me. When we got to our room, it had a strong stench of marijuana and burn marks on a light switch. We were booked in a non smoking room. While walking through the bathroom, I noticed the floor was leaking water through the cracks, not by the sink, toilet or tub, but in the middle of the floor. It didn't matter what time of the day or night you went in, the floor was wet. Also, the baseboard in the bathroom as well as the bedroom were either falling off or completely gone. Behind the bed was a broken outlet with the bed sheets pushed into it. The room smelled so badly we went to a local store and bought cleaning wipes, scent spray and an odor eater which was halfway gone after four days. Finally, there is a cop on duty there every night who does rounds around the hotel and shuts off the back parking lot. This made me feel good and bad at the same time. Basically the only pros to staying here was the great customer service and the closeness to the metro. Other than that, I would not stay here again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

I travel often. I am not picky. The only good thing about this hotel was the desk clerk who was awesome...even though she was safely behind bullet proof glass. Which was my first clue this may be a problem. My room was "handicap accessible" and it was after I shouldered my way through the stuck door. The door had 3 safety locks with a notice to engage ALL of them when in the room. My room was fine, except for the mold on the shower seat.

Room Tip: This hotel serves weekly rates, with a lot of questionable characters. If I weren't so tired, an...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, March 18, 2015
Dear Miss.Amy,

My apologies we failed to provide you with the basics. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and WE DID NOT! For that I deeply apologize. It would be my pleasure to further discuss your concerns over the phone. Please give me a call at 301-731-8830.

Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2015 via mobile

Just finished my 7th night here, I'm traveling for work. I was greeted politely, able to inspect my room and checked in. The coffee in the lobby is really good. Keonna (sorry if I spelled it wrong) at the front desk is great! I hope there's a promotion for her soon. That being said ALL the staff, even late night when I miss placed my key - were very helpful and quick to accommodate. If you want value and a clean quiet place: Red Roof Lanham. See you next time!

• Stayed March 2015
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to know you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to share your comments with the entire team! Keona will be thrilled to hear how impressed you were with her service! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Thank you for choosing Red Roof Lanham.

Arlington, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2015

Arrived and was welcomed by friendly front desk lady who already knew my name and was looking forward to receiving me as I already booked weeks before. However, there was only one room left and we were given the key to go check the room out. The room actually smelled of cigarette smoke. It was a big no for my girlfriend. She was totally uncomfortable with the environment, the people she saw, and the conversations going on around.
We had to cancel and we drove to Red Roof Laurel. It was a little bit more in $, but better in every aspect.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

When a guest takes the time to leave a review, we listen. As a hotel manager, I apologize for your experience with the room smell. I have taken the necessary steps to insure it doesn't happen again. I would value another opportunity to impress you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2015

The hotel staff was very friendly , I was greeted accordingly and was even the option to check my room before I stayed. The GM was very accommodating as well as the front desk (the light skinned girl, keonna ). I'll stay again

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us Keona will be excited to hear how impressed you were with her service. I will be sure to recognize and thank Keona for leaving you with a five star experience.

Desmond Miller

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!