“Cigarette smoke smell in room” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9050 Lanham Severn Road, Lanham, MD 20706   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lanham
Arlington, Virginia
“Cigarette smoke smell in room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Arrived and was welcomed by friendly front desk lady who already knew my name and was looking forward to receiving me as I already booked weeks before. However, there was only one room left and we were given the key to go check the room out. The room actually smelled of cigarette smoke. It was a big no for my girlfriend. She was totally uncomfortable with the environment, the people she saw, and the conversations going on around.
We had to cancel and we drove to Red Roof Laurel. It was a little bit more in $, but better in every aspect.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel staff was very friendly , I was greeted accordingly and was even the option to check my room before I stayed. The GM was very accommodating as well as the front desk (the light skinned girl, keonna ). I'll stay again

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us Keona will be excited to hear how impressed you were with her service. I will be sure to recognize and thank Keona for leaving you with a five star experience.

Lanham, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I've stayed several times & everything has been just fine. Rooms clean, really friendly staff, security (tho I've not seen it necessary, what woman doesn't appreciate the presence)? And, BEST OF ALL, my old kitty is welcomed!!

Room Tip: Not all rooms come with fridge/microwave so, if it's important to you, check.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. I'm glad to see that we were able to accommodate you and exceed your expectations. Our staff strives to make sure each guest has a positive experience. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us....

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel service was wonderful!! I was greeted with a smile upon entry and the room exceeded my expectations. The beds were soft an comfortable and the view from my room was spectacular! I will definitely visit again!!!

• Stayed January 2015
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
It was great to hear that you had an awesome stay. Your kind words indicate that we are heading in the right direction when it comes to offering great customer service. We look forward to seeing you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel itself was superb and exceeded my expectations!! From I walked in, I was greeted by friendly staff. My room was REALLY clean and whenever I needed assistance room service was never hesitant to come knocking at my door! The hotel is worth everything! I'll be sure to stay here once I return again

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I was very surprised to be so welcomed by all the staff members that worked at the red roof inn. The room was very nice so quite an the front desk lady she told me her name was chrystal she was so sweet an kind an just so friendly. I will definitely stay there again an recommend my family an friends when they travel to the area to stay at the red roof inn.

• Stayed January 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of the Red Roof Lanham,MD. I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay as we strive to continue to provide clean rooms and great customer service. I will make sure to share your comments with Chrystal and rest of my team. Once again Thank You and we look forward to serving you on your next stay.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We pre booked this place for a 2 night stay in Washington when we arrived the reception area was crowded with people smoking. When checking in the girl was very pleasant but we were asked to check out our rooms to make sure they were ok well I've never seen anything like it more like a hostel, in total we checked 3 rooms where all three stank of smoke and dampness as soon as you open the door even though they are meant to be a 100% smoke free the first room we checked the bedding had all stains on it and holes not what you expect when you got to a motel priority the bed should be clean!!!!

The second room we went into again stinking of smoke and damp we could hear the toilet system constantly filling up with water and when went into check the toilet it was filthy so again another no no.

I did get hope and thought third time lucky but I was very mistaken we walked in last time smelling of smoke and damp but the only electric plug was hanging off the wall wouldn't want to put anything in it if wanted to stay alive and God forbid if kids go into there!!!

On going back down to reception we advised we wanted to cancel the booking and we couldn't stay there Thinking the place needed to be knocked down.

I wouldn't wish anyone to stay here we looked for another red roof property and about 7 miles down the road is one In laurel which was 100 times better I think we need laurel to give Lanham a lesson on how to run a motel!!!!

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Jamie,

Clearly we failed to provide you with the basics. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and WE DID NOT! For that I deeply apologize. It would be my pleasure to further discuss your concerns over the phone. Please give me a call at 301-731-8830 .

Desmond Miller

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!