“Was okay for my needs” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lanham
Incline Village, Nevada
“Was okay for my needs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Manager went out of his way to help me when credit card did not have enough room on it. He and other desk clerks/employees were very helpful with everything I asked for. Motel is right on the bus route and not far from the metro rail in New Carrollton Maryland. Actually within walking distance, but I have disabilities, so took taxis.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Red Roof . I'm so excited to hear that we were able to impress and your stay with us was enjoyable.

Desmond Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ronkonkoma, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Booked 1 room for 2 nights for my daughters. When they were taken to there room there was a vomit stain in the middle of the floor with vomit around the edges. Beds had stains and vomit in the bathroom. Bugs were on the wall. Daughters told clerk this was unacceptable, they were told "You gets what you pay fo" . They we told that they would still be charged if they did not stay there. On the way out they were accosted by 8 to 10 of the "guests" of the hotel. Thank god a cop was there and got them out of there. The cop asked them if they were crazy for booking a room there. Booked them another hotel in Alexandra. The only thing missing was a chalk out line of a body. Thankfully my daughters took pictures and video of this mess. Having a video of there employee saying that to them sums up the Red Roof Inn Experience. Needless to say I will be on the phone with the corporate office Monday. Even if I have to pay for the night It was better than having my girls stay there. Stay far away from this disaster

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
My name is Desmond Miller and I am the General Manager at the Red Roof Inn,Lanham MD. We sincerely apologized that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. I have address the issues with room cleanliness with my housekeeping department and also address any security issues with my security departmet and we have since added additional foot patrols. We do appreciate your business and we welcome the chance to earn back your business.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the business king rooms. Very clean rooms. The desk is nice and big, you can sprawl your paperwork and laptop and still have room for more. We travel a lot. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your stay in our All-Inclusive king room. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Salinas, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very nice clean hotel. staff was very professional and friendly. my only problem was I had a non smoking room but when I walked in it smelled of smoke. toilet seat was broken. other than that bed was very comfortable. I would stay there again

Room Tip: Bed Very comfortable staff very friendly and professional make sure your room is NON SMOKING and not...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I apologize for the smell of smoke in your room and I will be working with my housekeeping to rectify this issue. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay! And look forward on your next visit that your room will be 100% smoke free.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was better than I expected.room was clean and comfortable.staff was great and helpful and and told me different attractions in the washington dc area.the room with the fridge is very spacious and free wifi was good.I plan to come back for the summer and will definately be staying here

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

~My family and I are truly appreciative for the services provided during the duration of our stay by Mr. Desmond Miller, Ms. Keonna, Ms. Crystal, Mr. David, Mr. Sean, Mr. Luther and other staff members! Everyone has been pleasant, friendly and helpful!
~Our newly renovated rooms were very clean, the beds and pillows were very comfortable! We all Slept like a babies..lol! If there were any issues noted it was resolved in a timely matter!
~ Thanks again for everything!:-)

• Stayed March 2013
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your stay. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with the staff as encouragement. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Ewing, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hello,
I also stayed at your hotel during the Inauguration. I have to say "It was a sheer nightmare." How can you say there were no bugs? I have pictures of the bugs crawling on my walls. I was extremely disappointed in the staffs response to my concerns as well.
I also had to fish dead roaches out of my sink before my kids woke up and saw them. The sink was slow draining. Maintenance came and fixed the drain, but left the old drain on the floor next to the trash that was not taken out when the room was "cleaned."
My room was "cleaned" but the wet dirty towels were still on my floor when we returned at 8 pm our first night. I did not realized how filthy the room was until I was actually in the shower and looked down at the toilet from that view. We could not adjust the temperature. No one at the desk could help us.
I did not want to upset my family by moving, so we cut our stay shorter and stayed with a family friend for the rest of our trip.
For a trip meant to be a memorable experience for my family, I remember not sleeping for 2 nights watching over my family.
Again,what a nightmare!

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
My name is Desmond Miller and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn in Lanham MD. I am writing to let you know that you have my sincerest apologies for what appears to have been a very distasteful stay with us during the inauguration week .Please rest assured that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure immediate improvement.I honestly hope that you will try us again in your future travels.

Desmond Miller

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!