“What a Nightmare” 1 of 5 stars

Ewing, New Jersey
“What a Nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hello,
I also stayed at your hotel during the Inauguration. I have to say "It was a sheer nightmare." How can you say there were no bugs? I have pictures of the bugs crawling on my walls. I was extremely disappointed in the staffs response to my concerns as well.
I also had to fish dead roaches out of my sink before my kids woke up and saw them. The sink was slow draining. Maintenance came and fixed the drain, but left the old drain on the floor next to the trash that was not taken out when the room was "cleaned."
My room was "cleaned" but the wet dirty towels were still on my floor when we returned at 8 pm our first night. I did not realized how filthy the room was until I was actually in the shower and looked down at the toilet from that view. We could not adjust the temperature. No one at the desk could help us.
I did not want to upset my family by moving, so we cut our stay shorter and stayed with a family friend for the rest of our trip.
For a trip meant to be a memorable experience for my family, I remember not sleeping for 2 nights watching over my family.
Again,what a nightmare!

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
My name is Desmond Miller and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn in Lanham MD. I am writing to let you know that you have my sincerest apologies for what appears to have been a very distasteful stay with us during the inauguration week .Please rest assured that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure immediate improvement.I honestly hope that you will try us again in your future travels.

Desmond Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff at this location is great.during my stay I became sick general manager went to the pharmacy and got my medicine for me. Rooms were nice and clean and great price and closed to dc I have a project in the area and will be staying here

• Stayed January 2013
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to tell about your experience at the Red Roof Inn in Lanham,MD. We always look forward to seeing our repeat guests. My staff and I look forward to your next visit with us and we hope you are feeling better.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I stayed at this hotel. As soon as I walked in the door I was greeted by Crystal, who was incredibly, friendly and welcoming. The location is great. Very easy to get on and off the highway, and has great access to many food options. There's red lobster, IHOP, Jerry's seafood, etc .. Nice clean rooms, I had the business king rooms, the staff was helpful and friendly. The Location seems very safe. I slept like a new born baby In my comfortable and quite room. If I'm ever in the area for business or pleasure, I will book here again. Thanks guys

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again the next time you pass through Lanham.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The standard king was very comfortable and it included everything that I needed from a microwave to the extra coffee. The two women at the front desk Keonna and Crystal were really nice too me and my spouse, I also like how concederate they were helping me apply to be a redicard member. The manager accommodated me with a weekly rate of $45.99 which was beneficial to my account. Thank you red roof for making me feel welcome at your hotel/motel.

• Stayed January 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post comments about our new renovated rooms . I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Keonna and Chrystal , I'm sure that they will be very pleased. Should you travel to Lanham again we really look forard to having you stay with us.
Again thank you so much for your compliments.
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I've stayed there for two nights to visit family. upon check in the desk clerk was very professional and friendly. during the next stay there the housekeeping representative made sure that everything was replenished in my room. I'm not sure if we are allowed to leave tips for the staff but I did anyway due to the excellent service. not to mention everything within the hotel range as far food and tourist attractions were close. I would definitely come back there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff as encouragement to keep up their good work. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
Desmomd Miller
key west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the Inauguration and it was a good stay like always. The hotel was crazy during this time but, the staff seemed to know what to expect during this large event. I see that the hotel completed its renovations since the last time I stayed and it looks good.

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you the next time you travel to Lanham.
Duluth, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Don't stay here!!!! I see some reviews about how the rooms are nice and clean and have everything you need. Maybe some of the rooms have been renovated or something but our room was not nice. We got a single room and it was small, smelled funny, and everything just seemed SO old. There was hair on the sheets, and stains on the towels. There was a tv, but no dvd player, no microwave, no fridge, no coffee maker. We came on a busy weekend so we couldn't get a different room and the other hotels around were booked so we stayed. The sheets and pillows are hard and we didn't want to get under the sheets because of the hair so we cranked the heat up. I wasn't scared for my life and the staff was friendly, so I guess that's a minor plus... But I'd never stay here again, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
My name is Desmond Miller and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn in Lanham,MD. I am writing to let you know that you have my sincerest apologies for what appears to have been a very distasteful stay with us.Please rest assured that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure immediate improvement.I honestly hope that you will try us again in your future travels.

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!