“Remarkable, best money I spent this week” 5 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham
9050 Lanham Severn Road, Lanham, MD 20706   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Lanham
“Remarkable, best money I spent this week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The standard king was very comfortable and it included everything that I needed from a microwave to the extra coffee. The two women at the front desk Keonna and Crystal were really nice too me and my spouse, I also like how concederate they were helping me apply to be a redicard member. The manager accommodated me with a weekly rate of $45.99 which was beneficial to my account. Thank you red roof for making me feel welcome at your hotel/motel.

• Stayed January 2013
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post comments about our new renovated rooms . I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Keonna and Chrystal , I'm sure that they will be very pleased. Should you travel to Lanham again we really look forard to having you stay with us.
Again thank you so much for your compliments.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I've stayed there for two nights to visit family. upon check in the desk clerk was very professional and friendly. during the next stay there the housekeeping representative made sure that everything was replenished in my room. I'm not sure if we are allowed to leave tips for the staff but I did anyway due to the excellent service. not to mention everything within the hotel range as far food and tourist attractions were close. I would definitely come back there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff as encouragement to keep up their good work. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
Desmomd Miller
key west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the Inauguration and it was a good stay like always. The hotel was crazy during this time but, the staff seemed to know what to expect during this large event. I see that the hotel completed its renovations since the last time I stayed and it looks good.

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you the next time you travel to Lanham.
Duluth, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Don't stay here!!!! I see some reviews about how the rooms are nice and clean and have everything you need. Maybe some of the rooms have been renovated or something but our room was not nice. We got a single room and it was small, smelled funny, and everything just seemed SO old. There was hair on the sheets, and stains on the towels. There was a tv, but no dvd player, no microwave, no fridge, no coffee maker. We came on a busy weekend so we couldn't get a different room and the other hotels around were booked so we stayed. The sheets and pillows are hard and we didn't want to get under the sheets because of the hair so we cranked the heat up. I wasn't scared for my life and the staff was friendly, so I guess that's a minor plus... But I'd never stay here again, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
My name is Desmond Miller and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn in Lanham,MD. I am writing to let you know that you have my sincerest apologies for what appears to have been a very distasteful stay with us.Please rest assured that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure immediate improvement.I honestly hope that you will try us again in your future travels.
Accokeek, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed one night and I must say, NEVER AGAIN. There were roaches crawling and the sink was clogged. I woke up with bug bites on my arm and immediately left this hellhole, hoping I wasn't taking anything home that I didn't bring. This experience has made me paranoid about where I sleep. What a waste, but like the saying goes "you get what you pay for". I did tell the front desk and in talking, she said that they were booked solid for the upcoming inauguration. GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I apologize for the unpleasant experience during your stay with us. Upon bringing this to our attention we immediately brought in a third party to inspect not only your room but the whole property and they were unable to find any issues. Our goal is to provide our guests the highest level of service and comfort - I apologize again that you did not have such an experience. I hope you will give us another opportunity to do so in the future.
Chula Vista, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The standard room w/ two beds was OK. The AAA price was good and it had a flat screened TV and was clean. The bed felt OK too. No refrigerator in the room, but it did have an in-room safe. The room was for the most part clean.

The only issues were that the front sound insulation wasn't great as you can hear the traffic outside the hotel, and people walking by. The area's not that great either, though there wasn't any real trouble.

Finally, one of the staff starting knocking real hard on the door at 8:30 am for some unknown reason. When I asked what's up, he said it was just a room service checking to see if I needed anything. Huh, at 8:30 am!? I told him it was a little early to be knocking on guests' doors, and he said he was required to knock and ask. He also did it to all the other doors. I left a note at the front desk to not disturb me the next day, which worked.

Room Tip: If you have great hearing and noise really bothers you, you might ask for a room on the back side of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of your experience at Red Roof Inn, Lanham. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for my housekeeping department knocking on your door to early. I have address this issue with my team so that this will not occur again. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

By far the worse hotel/motel i have EVER stayed in.. The room smelled horrible, there were freaking pubic hairs every where!! To make things worse there was a bunch of ignorant young people next door to us arguing all night. Screaming their lings out at each other, knockin on our bedroom door and running! I called the front desk to complain and NOTHING was done! 4 hours later there was still some arguing at 4am! Other customers complained about the noise and they were 2 floors below us and again NOTHING was done! Supposely the police was called but then again the party/arguin was still going on at 4am!! Im definately filing a complaint against this place! I wanted a place where i can relax and rest after a 14 hour drive but that did not happen!

• Stayed November 2012
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Good morning,

My name is Desmond Miller and I am the General Manager at the Red Roof Inn,Lanham MD. We sincerely apologized that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. I have address the issues with room cleanliness with my housekeeping department and also address the noise issues with my security departmet and we have since added more foot patrols. We do appreciate your business and we welcome the chance to earn back your business.

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!