“Is it half renovated?” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Lanham
Duluth, Georgia
“Is it half renovated?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Don't stay here!!!! I see some reviews about how the rooms are nice and clean and have everything you need. Maybe some of the rooms have been renovated or something but our room was not nice. We got a single room and it was small, smelled funny, and everything just seemed SO old. There was hair on the sheets, and stains on the towels. There was a tv, but no dvd player, no microwave, no fridge, no coffee maker. We came on a busy weekend so we couldn't get a different room and the other hotels around were booked so we stayed. The sheets and pillows are hard and we didn't want to get under the sheets because of the hair so we cranked the heat up. I wasn't scared for my life and the staff was friendly, so I guess that's a minor plus... But I'd never stay here again, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
My name is Desmond Miller and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn in Lanham,MD. I am writing to let you know that you have my sincerest apologies for what appears to have been a very distasteful stay with us.Please rest assured that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure immediate improvement.I honestly hope that you will try us again in your future travels.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Accokeek, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed one night and I must say, NEVER AGAIN. There were roaches crawling and the sink was clogged. I woke up with bug bites on my arm and immediately left this hellhole, hoping I wasn't taking anything home that I didn't bring. This experience has made me paranoid about where I sleep. What a waste, but like the saying goes "you get what you pay for". I did tell the front desk and in talking, she said that they were booked solid for the upcoming inauguration. GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I apologize for the unpleasant experience during your stay with us. Upon bringing this to our attention we immediately brought in a third party to inspect not only your room but the whole property and they were unable to find any issues. Our goal is to provide our guests the highest level of service and comfort - I apologize again that you did not have such an experience. I hope you will give us another opportunity to do so in the future.
Chula Vista, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

The standard room w/ two beds was OK. The AAA price was good and it had a flat screened TV and was clean. The bed felt OK too. No refrigerator in the room, but it did have an in-room safe. The room was for the most part clean.

The only issues were that the front sound insulation wasn't great as you can hear the traffic outside the hotel, and people walking by. The area's not that great either, though there wasn't any real trouble.

Finally, one of the staff starting knocking real hard on the door at 8:30 am for some unknown reason. When I asked what's up, he said it was just a room service checking to see if I needed anything. Huh, at 8:30 am!? I told him it was a little early to be knocking on guests' doors, and he said he was required to knock and ask. He also did it to all the other doors. I left a note at the front desk to not disturb me the next day, which worked.

Room Tip: If you have great hearing and noise really bothers you, you might ask for a room on the back side of...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you so much for your review of your experience at Red Roof Inn, Lanham. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for my housekeeping department knocking on your door to early. I have address this issue with my team so that this will not occur again. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

By far the worse hotel/motel i have EVER stayed in.. The room smelled horrible, there were freaking pubic hairs every where!! To make things worse there was a bunch of ignorant young people next door to us arguing all night. Screaming their lings out at each other, knockin on our bedroom door and running! I called the front desk to complain and NOTHING was done! 4 hours later there was still some arguing at 4am! Other customers complained about the noise and they were 2 floors below us and again NOTHING was done! Supposely the police was called but then again the party/arguin was still going on at 4am!! Im definately filing a complaint against this place! I wanted a place where i can relax and rest after a 14 hour drive but that did not happen!

• Stayed November 2012
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Good morning,

My name is Desmond Miller and I am the General Manager at the Red Roof Inn,Lanham MD. We sincerely apologized that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. I have address the issues with room cleanliness with my housekeeping department and also address the noise issues with my security departmet and we have since added more foot patrols. We do appreciate your business and we welcome the chance to earn back your business.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel service is the best in the area by far. An employee from the front desk Crystal refers me to restaurants, cabs, bus schedules, etc. I never have any problems at this hotel. This location is great for me 10 minutes from dc.

• Stayed November 2012
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I am glad to know the we gave great customer service and that Crystal provided information for local attractions in the area. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

When I arrived for check-in, the front desk clerk was friendly and had my reservation pulled up and checked in quickly. I was shocked that they have a new policy where the guest checks the room first, but my wife actually appreciated and liked the new ordeal. We checked into a superior king room which was more than we expected coming from red roof. The room was very nicely decorated to our liking. For the price we didn't expect much, but after we got a good look at the room, we were extremely happy we made this choice. I believe they just renovated and it was great. We were exhausted from our drive leaving NJ being evacuated from hurricane Sandy, so we just planned on getting some rest our first night stay. Both me and my wife agreed that we got the comfort and nights rest we had anticipated.... The second night we planned to go to DC sight seeing which we did. The hotel was 20 min away from downtown so we had no problems. We got back to hotel and forgot to request housekeeping service, but as we got to our room it was nicely back to the way it was at checkin. Pricing was great and we loved the comfort of their service. We're coming back for the presidential innaugaration and we will be staying here!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am happy to know during hurricane Sandy that my team made your stay enjoyable. I have past on your gracious comments to my team and we look forward to seeing you in January for the presidential innauguration.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Was amazed by the new rooms.Clean and comfortable.Close to D.C .Staff was very friendly and made by stay very comfortable.I was there during that bad storm and called the front desk to find out about the ice machine to my suprised the Manager came and brought us some ice.Because how they made us feel when we come back in January we will be staying with them.

Room Tip: Ask for room with microwave
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!