“The worse stay ever!” 1 of 5 stars

9050 Lanham Severn Road, Lanham, MD 20706   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Lanham
“The worse stay ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

By far the worse hotel/motel i have EVER stayed in.. The room smelled horrible, there were freaking pubic hairs every where!! To make things worse there was a bunch of ignorant young people next door to us arguing all night. Screaming their lings out at each other, knockin on our bedroom door and running! I called the front desk to complain and NOTHING was done! 4 hours later there was still some arguing at 4am! Other customers complained about the noise and they were 2 floors below us and again NOTHING was done! Supposely the police was called but then again the party/arguin was still going on at 4am!! Im definately filing a complaint against this place! I wanted a place where i can relax and rest after a 14 hour drive but that did not happen!

• Stayed November 2012
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Good morning,

My name is Desmond Miller and I am the General Manager at the Red Roof Inn,Lanham MD. We sincerely apologized that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. I have address the issues with room cleanliness with my housekeeping department and also address the noise issues with my security departmet and we have since added more foot patrols. We do appreciate your business and we welcome the chance to earn back your business.

58 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

This hotel service is the best in the area by far. An employee from the front desk Crystal refers me to restaurants, cabs, bus schedules, etc. I never have any problems at this hotel. This location is great for me 10 minutes from dc.

• Stayed November 2012
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
I am glad to know the we gave great customer service and that Crystal provided information for local attractions in the area. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

When I arrived for check-in, the front desk clerk was friendly and had my reservation pulled up and checked in quickly. I was shocked that they have a new policy where the guest checks the room first, but my wife actually appreciated and liked the new ordeal. We checked into a superior king room which was more than we expected coming from red roof. The room was very nicely decorated to our liking. For the price we didn't expect much, but after we got a good look at the room, we were extremely happy we made this choice. I believe they just renovated and it was great. We were exhausted from our drive leaving NJ being evacuated from hurricane Sandy, so we just planned on getting some rest our first night stay. Both me and my wife agreed that we got the comfort and nights rest we had anticipated.... The second night we planned to go to DC sight seeing which we did. The hotel was 20 min away from downtown so we had no problems. We got back to hotel and forgot to request housekeeping service, but as we got to our room it was nicely back to the way it was at checkin. Pricing was great and we loved the comfort of their service. We're coming back for the presidential innaugaration and we will be staying here!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am happy to know during hurricane Sandy that my team made your stay enjoyable. I have past on your gracious comments to my team and we look forward to seeing you in January for the presidential innauguration.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Was amazed by the new rooms.Clean and comfortable.Close to D.C .Staff was very friendly and made by stay very comfortable.I was there during that bad storm and called the front desk to find out about the ice machine to my suprised the Manager came and brought us some ice.Because how they made us feel when we come back in January we will be staying with them.

Room Tip: Ask for room with microwave
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I travel with dogs so I love Red Roof's dog friendly policy, convenience and price/value combination. But this location just doesn't make it on cleanliness. Carpet was dirty-the bathroom smelled like curry (that's an awful thought)-the phone hand piece had crud on it-the in room entertainment service was out of service and there was no trash can in the room. Plus they called from the desk to ask if I was happy with the room. I was not. I will not be back.

• Stayed November 2012
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

My name is Desmond Miller and I am the general manager at the Red Roof Inn Lanham,MD. I wanted to express my sincerest apologies for your unsatisfactory stay with us. Please rest assure that I will be working closely with my houskeeping and maintenance teams so that improvement in this area is immediate. We do appreciate your business and we welcome the chance to earn back your business.
Evansville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Based on some of the other reviews I was skeptical about staying here. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and had everything in it we needed for our stay - frig, microwave, desk, tv, nice water pressure. Our room was very clean, and the times we needed to ask the staff for help, they were all helpful. A couple of maintenance issues that were addressed immediately made us feel welcome and appreciated as guests. As a hotel less than a mile from the metro, this is a great value for anyone wanting to do the D.C. area. It is a quick 20 minute trip into the city by metro and the park & ride to leave your car - only $4.50 a day. Couldn't have been better. We were here for our first wedding anniversary, and would come back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback .I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and the staff took good care of you. We are happy that you spend your 1st year anniversary with us and look forward to seeing you again.

Desmond Miller
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here with my family and pets prior to attending the DC Family Pet walk yesterday. Hotel was pretty clean and the person who checked us in had us inspect the room prior to confirming the reservation. We were super tired, we arrived at 11 p.m. after working all day Friday and did not look extra close. In the am, when I took a shower I noticed hair in the tub (was hoping they were not pubic hairs, disgusting). Also we reserved a non-smoking room and I also noticed that there were matches in the bathroom and the towels smelled like smoke. The towels were also kinda grey and the linen looked washed but had brown stains(we saw it after pulling the bed coverings off). This red roof is under renovation so the nice thing was that the room was freshly painted, furnishings were modern, but there was buckets full of old carpeting and other furnishings laying around the outside of the hotel making it hard to navigate to your room if you prefer to take the stairs. In addition, the outside of the hotel's cleanliness is a concern disposable cups and the stench of alcohol is of concern for families, in simple words this is a big time party hotel!!! Another issue was that the people next door were partying and although security came up a few times it didn't stop so we did not get a good night sleep. the officer just kept warning them to stop. We didn't get a good night sleep, but we made the best of the stay. It was a little scary to see an off duty officer working as security at this hotel. Never saw that and we frequent red roof hotels (especially in the DC/MD, VA area) a lot because of the value and we love visiting the historical sites.

Room Tip: Read reviews and see whats important to you. If its for one night try to be tolerable of certain thi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!