“I'll definitely be visiting again soon!!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham
9050 Lanham Severn Road, Lanham, MD 20706   |
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Lanham
“I'll definitely be visiting again soon!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

When I arrived for check-in, the front desk clerk was friendly and had my reservation pulled up and checked in quickly. I was shocked that they have a new policy where the guest checks the room first, but my wife actually appreciated and liked the new ordeal. We checked into a superior king room which was more than we expected coming from red roof. The room was very nicely decorated to our liking. For the price we didn't expect much, but after we got a good look at the room, we were extremely happy we made this choice. I believe they just renovated and it was great. We were exhausted from our drive leaving NJ being evacuated from hurricane Sandy, so we just planned on getting some rest our first night stay. Both me and my wife agreed that we got the comfort and nights rest we had anticipated.... The second night we planned to go to DC sight seeing which we did. The hotel was 20 min away from downtown so we had no problems. We got back to hotel and forgot to request housekeeping service, but as we got to our room it was nicely back to the way it was at checkin. Pricing was great and we loved the comfort of their service. We're coming back for the presidential innaugaration and we will be staying here!!!!

• Stayed November 2012
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am happy to know during hurricane Sandy that my team made your stay enjoyable. I have past on your gracious comments to my team and we look forward to seeing you in January for the presidential innauguration.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Was amazed by the new rooms.Clean and comfortable.Close to D.C .Staff was very friendly and made by stay very comfortable.I was there during that bad storm and called the front desk to find out about the ice machine to my suprised the Manager came and brought us some ice.Because how they made us feel when we come back in January we will be staying with them.

Room Tip: Ask for room with microwave
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I travel with dogs so I love Red Roof's dog friendly policy, convenience and price/value combination. But this location just doesn't make it on cleanliness. Carpet was dirty-the bathroom smelled like curry (that's an awful thought)-the phone hand piece had crud on it-the in room entertainment service was out of service and there was no trash can in the room. Plus they called from the desk to ask if I was happy with the room. I was not. I will not be back.

• Stayed November 2012
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

My name is Desmond Miller and I am the general manager at the Red Roof Inn Lanham,MD. I wanted to express my sincerest apologies for your unsatisfactory stay with us. Please rest assure that I will be working closely with my houskeeping and maintenance teams so that improvement in this area is immediate. We do appreciate your business and we welcome the chance to earn back your business.
Evansville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Based on some of the other reviews I was skeptical about staying here. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and had everything in it we needed for our stay - frig, microwave, desk, tv, nice water pressure. Our room was very clean, and the times we needed to ask the staff for help, they were all helpful. A couple of maintenance issues that were addressed immediately made us feel welcome and appreciated as guests. As a hotel less than a mile from the metro, this is a great value for anyone wanting to do the D.C. area. It is a quick 20 minute trip into the city by metro and the park & ride to leave your car - only $4.50 a day. Couldn't have been better. We were here for our first wedding anniversary, and would come back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback .I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and the staff took good care of you. We are happy that you spend your 1st year anniversary with us and look forward to seeing you again.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here with my family and pets prior to attending the DC Family Pet walk yesterday. Hotel was pretty clean and the person who checked us in had us inspect the room prior to confirming the reservation. We were super tired, we arrived at 11 p.m. after working all day Friday and did not look extra close. In the am, when I took a shower I noticed hair in the tub (was hoping they were not pubic hairs, disgusting). Also we reserved a non-smoking room and I also noticed that there were matches in the bathroom and the towels smelled like smoke. The towels were also kinda grey and the linen looked washed but had brown stains(we saw it after pulling the bed coverings off). This red roof is under renovation so the nice thing was that the room was freshly painted, furnishings were modern, but there was buckets full of old carpeting and other furnishings laying around the outside of the hotel making it hard to navigate to your room if you prefer to take the stairs. In addition, the outside of the hotel's cleanliness is a concern disposable cups and the stench of alcohol is of concern for families, in simple words this is a big time party hotel!!! Another issue was that the people next door were partying and although security came up a few times it didn't stop so we did not get a good night sleep. the officer just kept warning them to stop. We didn't get a good night sleep, but we made the best of the stay. It was a little scary to see an off duty officer working as security at this hotel. Never saw that and we frequent red roof hotels (especially in the DC/MD, VA area) a lot because of the value and we love visiting the historical sites.

Room Tip: Read reviews and see whats important to you. If its for one night try to be tolerable of certain thi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
key west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at the hotel while visiting freinds and my stay was great. The staff was helpful with recomendations on local restaurants to go to. I will be returning in a few weeks and will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your feed back regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you given Red Roof and opportunity to serve you. I will pass your comments on to my staff as encouragement to continue providing a great experience for our guest. We also are presently undergoing a renovation of our rooms and completion is schedule for mid October.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I frequent the redroof atleast once a month when I come down to visit my family and children and I always recieved great service 100% The staff is very friendly and helpful and it's very close to metro station for people coming to town needing public transportation. The rooms are nice and clean and it's ot overpriced like the other hotels near area. The staff always make sure we have what we need during my travel and even assist me with my many extra requests such as faxes, ordering taxi service, and recommending awsome spots for us to visit while we're there. I've also noticed new ammenities as far as plasma tv's, in-house coffee machines in room, free wi-fi for entire hotel, free long distance, etc... I recommend this spot for any family traveling who's looking for a nice clean room that's inexpensive. It's definately worth it. Anytime I travel to Washington this is perfect for my family !!! Keep up the work redroof :-)

Room Tip: The superior king is a plus!!!! It basically has whatever you need during travel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your honest review of your experience. I am glad to know that my team gave exceptional service for it is our ultimate goal to exceed our customers expectations . I will pass on your kind words to my team. In mid September we are undergoing a renovation and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Desmond Miller

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!