“Beware!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
Dayton, OH
“Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We wanted something cheap that would take pets. We were planning to take our 1 year old daughter to see the sites in DC. We arrived kind late (10PM) due to traffic and were horrified at the hotel. As we pulled in we noticed several doors open to rooms with many people sitting inside drinking. It appears this may be a party hotel. After we checked in we went to the room. It was filthy. The carpets had not been vacuumed. There appeared to be vomit on the wall. I went to the desk clerk and asked for another room. In addition to not being vacuumed, this room had what appeared to be fairly new blood on the floor. That's it, we checked out. The clerk was nice about. We went down the road to a Best Western.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We appreciate you letting us know of your experience and apologize for your stay at Red Roof Lanham. It is through honest feedback such as yours that we are able to improve Red Roof. Rest assured that I have personally followed up with my entire staff and corrective measures have been taken.

We are presently schedule to renovate Red Roof Lanham in mid September and we welcome and opportunity to earn back your buisness.

Desond Miller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you're willing to do a little work to get to central DC, you'll love the value. Inexpensive, kind staff and spacious rooms for the price. Free wifi is a big plus.

If you're going by public transport the G13-G16 from New Carrollton station gets you pretty close.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed the value of our hotel. It is our ultimate goal to provide superior customer care. I will share your comments with our staff and we hope to see you again.

Desmond Miller
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

upon check in people very rude (Desmond miller GM) and (Crystal CS). gave hard time about giving our redi card points, comfirmed we decided to stay all weekend was told not a problem.
come saturday @ 11:35am. my sister was woke by a banging on the door she was startled thought there was a fire or some emergency...here it was the GM screaming at her to get out of the room we didnt pay for another nite threaten to have her removed she was not able to call me because the room had no phone after appx 20 mins of threats and her saying we confirmed stay at check in he said we will charge her card (Mine). when I came back to room that eveing I made request at front desk to move due to broken shower no cable and no phone in room they said it was to late and was not to do it. 45 mins later while in shower someone was beating on the door and it was the mateince man the GM saying if I want a new room I had to do it now I advised I was not dressed my sister was not here and I needed time to pack up 2 people's items he said I had 15 mins I said I need like hour they said no. that ended saturday stay when i returned in the a.m sunday at 9:30 and again stop @ front desk ask for a 1 hour courtesy checkout due to all the trouble we had and no phone service we had to drive to places that we should have been able to call. I was told by Crystal who was not in uniform but in rip jeans and a t-shirt we dont do that here and if we are not out by 11am she will charge my card. beofre I walked outta of the office I ask for the GM number ...wouldnt you know it it was the same man that was so rude from check in and the one that threaten my sister... I was horrified !!!!! when I called the office at that location due to leaving my power cord behind I was told no cord was found. all i could say is WOW.
D.Kenee

Room Tip: Only tip i can give for this place is DO NOT stay there. Try the one in Timmonium MD they are great
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Me and my family of 4 stayed here for one night. On a Saturday. This hotel was close to the location we needed to be at and it was the cheapest in the area. The front desk guy let us check out our room before we paid for it, which was nice of him! It was some where to lay our heads til the next morning!

• Stayed July 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I was in town for the day. When I made the decision to stay at this place that was going threw renovations. The room that I stayed in needed cleaning there were orange peels behind one of the chairs that looked like they got it out of the garbage. The dresser that was in the room was broken. I was scared to walk barefoot on the floor. So, I told my son that we will just wear flip flops. I was afraid that some was going to break in because the door stuck was very hard to get in and get out. Whomever is the manager at this site really needs to take a look at this site. The front desk person was pleasant but the hotel itself was nasty. If this a franchise they really need to come in and do some serious training on cleaning, redo some of the rooms especially for the price I paid for the room. Never had a bad experience before with Red Roof Inn before.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We arrived pretty late but had a reservation. We entered and the lobby was locked and had to complete the check in through a bullet proof glass. Even though the whole vibe was pretty scary I knew 79.00 outside of DC was not going to be a resort. Remove the scary vibe and this hotel still deserves a rating worse than TERRIBLE. Our Non-smoking room had cigarette holes in the comforters, blankets and sheets. There was no trash can anywhere in the room. The bathroom toilet paper role was missing, so the toilet paper was sitting on the toilet with the tissue hanging to the floor. There was a fancy TV with a broken remote. The towels looked like they had been donated from the local carwash. There was no clock in the room. RED ROOF INN, when did you start to require guests to bring their own sheets, towels, blankets, toilet paper holder, trash can and a security team?

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, make sure to ask for a room facing the street. If you need to make a quic...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I appologize for the condition of the linnen in your room not meeting Red Roof Inns high standard . I have had a discussion with my staff and corrective action has been taken.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our improvement in this area on your next visit in Lanham, MD

Desmond Miller
Gambier, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The desk staff were most helpful, remembered requests, gave directions an called to ask if they could help with anything? Good rates for Washington area. Only surprise was no " breakfast" rolls or pastry available in the am. Will stay here again soon.

Room Tip: rooms on back have nice park and green shade for pets or self
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!