“Great value” 5 of 5 stars

9050 Lanham Severn Road, Lanham, MD 20706   |
Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Lanham
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

If you're willing to do a little work to get to central DC, you'll love the value. Inexpensive, kind staff and spacious rooms for the price. Free wifi is a big plus.

If you're going by public transport the G13-G16 from New Carrollton station gets you pretty close.

• Stayed July 2012
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed the value of our hotel. It is our ultimate goal to provide superior customer care. I will share your comments with our staff and we hope to see you again.

Desmond Miller

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

upon check in people very rude (Desmond miller GM) and (Crystal CS). gave hard time about giving our redi card points, comfirmed we decided to stay all weekend was told not a problem.
come saturday @ 11:35am. my sister was woke by a banging on the door she was startled thought there was a fire or some emergency...here it was the GM screaming at her to get out of the room we didnt pay for another nite threaten to have her removed she was not able to call me because the room had no phone after appx 20 mins of threats and her saying we confirmed stay at check in he said we will charge her card (Mine). when I came back to room that eveing I made request at front desk to move due to broken shower no cable and no phone in room they said it was to late and was not to do it. 45 mins later while in shower someone was beating on the door and it was the mateince man the GM saying if I want a new room I had to do it now I advised I was not dressed my sister was not here and I needed time to pack up 2 people's items he said I had 15 mins I said I need like hour they said no. that ended saturday stay when i returned in the a.m sunday at 9:30 and again stop @ front desk ask for a 1 hour courtesy checkout due to all the trouble we had and no phone service we had to drive to places that we should have been able to call. I was told by Crystal who was not in uniform but in rip jeans and a t-shirt we dont do that here and if we are not out by 11am she will charge my card. beofre I walked outta of the office I ask for the GM number ...wouldnt you know it it was the same man that was so rude from check in and the one that threaten my sister... I was horrified !!!!! when I called the office at that location due to leaving my power cord behind I was told no cord was found. all i could say is WOW.
D.Kenee

Room Tip: Only tip i can give for this place is DO NOT stay there. Try the one in Timmonium MD they are great
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Me and my family of 4 stayed here for one night. On a Saturday. This hotel was close to the location we needed to be at and it was the cheapest in the area. The front desk guy let us check out our room before we paid for it, which was nice of him! It was some where to lay our heads til the next morning!

• Stayed July 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I was in town for the day. When I made the decision to stay at this place that was going threw renovations. The room that I stayed in needed cleaning there were orange peels behind one of the chairs that looked like they got it out of the garbage. The dresser that was in the room was broken. I was scared to walk barefoot on the floor. So, I told my son that we will just wear flip flops. I was afraid that some was going to break in because the door stuck was very hard to get in and get out. Whomever is the manager at this site really needs to take a look at this site. The front desk person was pleasant but the hotel itself was nasty. If this a franchise they really need to come in and do some serious training on cleaning, redo some of the rooms especially for the price I paid for the room. Never had a bad experience before with Red Roof Inn before.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

We arrived pretty late but had a reservation. We entered and the lobby was locked and had to complete the check in through a bullet proof glass. Even though the whole vibe was pretty scary I knew 79.00 outside of DC was not going to be a resort. Remove the scary vibe and this hotel still deserves a rating worse than TERRIBLE. Our Non-smoking room had cigarette holes in the comforters, blankets and sheets. There was no trash can anywhere in the room. The bathroom toilet paper role was missing, so the toilet paper was sitting on the toilet with the tissue hanging to the floor. There was a fancy TV with a broken remote. The towels looked like they had been donated from the local carwash. There was no clock in the room. RED ROOF INN, when did you start to require guests to bring their own sheets, towels, blankets, toilet paper holder, trash can and a security team?

Room Tip: If you have to stay there, make sure to ask for a room facing the street. If you need to make a quic...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I appologize for the condition of the linnen in your room not meeting Red Roof Inns high standard . I have had a discussion with my staff and corrective action has been taken.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our improvement in this area on your next visit in Lanham, MD

Desmond Miller
Gambier, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The desk staff were most helpful, remembered requests, gave directions an called to ask if they could help with anything? Good rates for Washington area. Only surprise was no " breakfast" rolls or pastry available in the am. Will stay here again soon.

Room Tip: rooms on back have nice park and green shade for pets or self
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
lanham, md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

My stay at the Red Roof Inn in Lanham Md was ok the room was nice, including the size. Had a few issues with the sink, but nothing major. The cleaning service was slow, front desk staff were ok. nice size flat screen tv and access to the internet, that was nice, and the pricing was great, lots of eating places around, plenty of stroes like 711. I would stay here again it was ok not bad overall.

Room Tip: I would pick the room non-smoking with 2 beds or the king size.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!