“Ewww” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Ewww”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed here during Inauguration weekend because of its close proximity to New Carrollton Station. It’s the first stop on the orange line. The hotel needs to either be fully remodeled or torn down. The staff is friendly, but that doesn’t make up for the dingy interior and rooms. Some rooms have microwave/mini fridge combos, some don’t. The carpet in my room was filled with stains. I kept my socks on during my entire stay. The bathroom was never clean. It looked like housekeeping needed to scrub the doors, floors and the tub with bleach. Breakfast was ok, but don’t expect the same items everyday. They switch back and forth between French toast and sausage patties. I’ve never been in a Best Western hotel that was this bad. Don’t waste your money; better hotels are up the street.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stoppped here on a trip north - room was large and clean. Bathroom outdated but everything worked fine! As others have noted, there is a nightclub and when we were there on a Saturday night it was hopping! Glad we asked for a room on higher floor - nice and quiet.
Breakfast room is huge -- we were there real early so no problem with crowds. Lots of food (including bacon), a fun pancake machine (there goes the diet!) and the woman working there was very pleassant and kept everything very neat.

Parking lot is a bit dark & the hotel itself is in a confusing maze of streets/highways - thought it was right off 95 but it wasn't really (thank you GPS).

Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on higher floor if you're there on a weekend when the club is open.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Me and my roommate two college aged females are waiting for our new apartment to be ready, I was doing the Express Rates through Priceline! Great deals if you can catch them. Now originally we stayed 4 nights prior to booking our 5th. The entire staff was a pleasure to deal with EXCEPT for the general manger. I noticed her talking down to her staff in front of me and two other guests checking in. When she noticed we were looking at her she changed her tone...I suppose. On the 5th day of checking in we had the pleasure of being checked in by her. She approached the whole situation as if we were bothersome to her. We have been booked in the Queen Bed rooms our entire stay, so we were under the impression the cost was just the COST, she informed us that we haven't been staying in the rooms we said we have been and that Priceline is a scam....Well usually its left in the hands of the hotel to choose to have their hotels booked thru these 3rd parties. So the accusation of a company YOU know your using to obtain and fill rooms is beyond me. So she asked for an additional $20 for this particular room. Which was baffling, why put guests in a room you don't want them to be in? I told her I would have to get it from the room. Overall, I wouldn't mind staying the rooms are clean and decent, I like all the perks of this hotel the REST of the staff is friendly and accommodating. But future advice don't treat your guests as if they lack knowledge or aren't of YOUR standards to be occupying the rooms. The things you say to a customer and giggling at them and snide remarks are unprofessional and the lowest customer service you could provide.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have been in have been decent! The higher floors you avoid the weekend club noise! S...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been telling everyone I know about this hotel. <3 it is immaculate! I absolutely rate this as my favorite hotel yet. We had a little mix up with booking the room but the fron desk associate was more than patient with us as we got everything situated. The hotel was VERY clean and is a perfect getaway for couples. The room service was so polite and the location was perfect. It is definitely worth the price =)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lanham, Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

For the price, it is a good place to stay while in the DC metro area. The location is convenient to both Washington and Baltimore. The rooms are average for cleanliness and noise level. The walls are thin, so you can sometimes hear the TV or people in the next room. There is sometimes mold in the bath tub tile grout. My best rating goes to the staff, who are extremely friendly and helpful. The one time I had a maintenance issue, it was resolved in a matter of minutes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Courtyard by Marriott New Carrollton Landover
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway

Been to BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!