“Great Bargain vs Hospitality?” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Lanham
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Great Bargain vs Hospitality?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Me and my roommate two college aged females are waiting for our new apartment to be ready, I was doing the Express Rates through Priceline! Great deals if you can catch them. Now originally we stayed 4 nights prior to booking our 5th. The entire staff was a pleasure to deal with EXCEPT for the general manger. I noticed her talking down to her staff in front of me and two other guests checking in. When she noticed we were looking at her she changed her tone...I suppose. On the 5th day of checking in we had the pleasure of being checked in by her. She approached the whole situation as if we were bothersome to her. We have been booked in the Queen Bed rooms our entire stay, so we were under the impression the cost was just the COST, she informed us that we haven't been staying in the rooms we said we have been and that Priceline is a scam....Well usually its left in the hands of the hotel to choose to have their hotels booked thru these 3rd parties. So the accusation of a company YOU know your using to obtain and fill rooms is beyond me. So she asked for an additional $20 for this particular room. Which was baffling, why put guests in a room you don't want them to be in? I told her I would have to get it from the room. Overall, I wouldn't mind staying the rooms are clean and decent, I like all the perks of this hotel the REST of the staff is friendly and accommodating. But future advice don't treat your guests as if they lack knowledge or aren't of YOUR standards to be occupying the rooms. The things you say to a customer and giggling at them and snide remarks are unprofessional and the lowest customer service you could provide.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have been in have been decent! The higher floors you avoid the weekend club noise! S...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I have been telling everyone I know about this hotel. <3 it is immaculate! I absolutely rate this as my favorite hotel yet. We had a little mix up with booking the room but the fron desk associate was more than patient with us as we got everything situated. The hotel was VERY clean and is a perfect getaway for couples. The room service was so polite and the location was perfect. It is definitely worth the price =)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lanham, Maryland, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

For the price, it is a good place to stay while in the DC metro area. The location is convenient to both Washington and Baltimore. The rooms are average for cleanliness and noise level. The walls are thin, so you can sometimes hear the TV or people in the next room. There is sometimes mold in the bath tub tile grout. My best rating goes to the staff, who are extremely friendly and helpful. The one time I had a maintenance issue, it was resolved in a matter of minutes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Philly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Felix at front desk was great handled all my requests and questions without any problems Had 2 rooms over weekend. saw previous posts, asked to be away from nightclub. Room was clean and more than I expected for the price-- no problem staying there again

Room Tip: away from nightclub -- we had 4th floor above where club is --NO problem
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again soon.
Salzburg, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

The location of this hotel is very convenient. A couple restaurants and fast food joints are in walking distance (we tried the chinese take out right next door - pretty good food at a good price).
There's plenty of parking around the hotel. The lobby looked nice (much nicer than the hotel from the outside).
Staff was not too friendly at check-in - seemed a bit disinterested.
Our room was clean, but nothing out of the ordinary. There was an old tv that was broken (but they fixed it pretty quickly - we got a another old tv, but that one worked).
They already told me they should get new flat tvs by the end of the year, though.
The hallways were pretty dark and the view from our room was not very nice (just take at a look at my pictures - our room was located on the 2nd floor).
We had a good night's sleep - our room was pretty quiet.
Breakfast was ok, but nothing fancy.
The gentleman at the front desk was very friendly and always had a smile when we checked out the next day. That's what I call a good concierge.
I would have no problems to stay there again, cause you get a good night's sleep at a pretty good rate (compared to other hotels in the area).
They even have an indoor pool, but we had no time to check it out.
Once again, a very convenient location just off the Beltway to catch a Redskins game!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher floors and facing away from the Beltway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!