“Horrible Customer Service & experience” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Lanham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9023 Annapolis Road, Lanham, MD 20706   |
Ranked #1 of 3 hotels in Lanham
Antioch
“Horrible Customer Service & experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I made my reservation for myself and my family on on Thursday May 09, 2013 through the 1-800 number listed on the Days Inn website. I spoke with a gentleman name Hayden. He assured me that I would receive my corporate discount, there was a pool (due to me telling him my kids love to swim), the hotel had complimentary breakfast and that payment would not be required until checkout. I called ahead of time to see what time check-in was, and was advised then that I had to pay up front. I advised to lady that I was told something different. Her response was “well I’m telling you differently”. When I got there I was checked in by the manager. He also informed me that I had to pay up front. I advised him that was not what I was told I went down the list of things that Hayden told me and he informed me that none of those things were true about the hotel. We got on the phone with customer service who advised me no matter what I was told it was up to the individual hotel and manager, so there was absolutely nothing they would do for me. I asked the manager for some type of compensation because the only thing that was true was I was able to get my corporate discount. He said absolutely not I had to go with their rules. My money was not available on that night because I was banking on what I was told during the reservation,so a friend of mine paid for the first night.
During the wait to check in there were two fights in the lobby. The first was a young lady complaining about the same thing I was. She was told the same thing and argued a great deal with the staff. They didn’t budge for her either. The other was between what appeared to be a young couple. The male became loud with the young lady, and even began abusing her physically. All guest that walked through the lobby asked the hotel staff were they going to call the police, they informed us that they were not going to. I expressed to the manager my concern for my kids safety. I was about to get my kids and girlfriend out of the car and didn’t want them to experience what I saw. He picked up the phone and told me he was going to “pretend to call the police”, to see if that would make them stop. Well that didn’t, a staff member tried to intervene and the gentleman threatened him as well. The couple finally stopped on their own. It was a horrific scene. I didn’t know if the guy had a weapon on him or not, but the staff just stood there watching. They appeared to be more concerned about making money than making sure the young lady was okay. They never once checked on her. I didn’t feel all that comfortable, but it was late and I needed to get my kids in the bed.
I was told to pay for the second night when my family and I got back in for the night. Turns out I couldn’t stay because according to my bank the hotel staff ran my card 3 times in the same day for 3 different amounts, therefor locking my card up. Me and my family had to leave. They made us pay $25 to retrieve our stuff from our room. It was a horrible experience. I will never stay at another Days Inn again, and have told everybody I can think of about what happened. I want to be compensated in some say. I’m taking this to corporate.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

After my horrible experience with another establishment for 2 days prior, Days Inn saved the day. Their front desk staff was amazing and so professional. They were very sympathetic to our needs and accommodated us accordingly Even though the elevator at the time wasn't working just that experience alone made the walk up with luggage a breeze. The lobby was well decorated and modern as well as the room. Even though we chosen a smoking room by mistake you could barely smell that is was one. If ever in the area again I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Waukesha, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My son spends the summers in Maryland and I drive there to pick him up. I am not the best "book ahead of time person" but anytime we go there they are very accomodating and helpful. The lobby is very clean and I enjoy the food at the restaurant there. It is also very close to the metro station, which you can take to DC! That is my go-to hotel in Maryland!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
WV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is an older building that could use some updating. The rooms were clean and the staff was excellent. I was with a group of 45 student and adults on a trip and the staff was very helpful and accomodating. There is a bar/lounge and we had a great breakfast. The location was close to 495 and many places to eat. There is a glass partition all around the front desk area seperating you from the check in clerk which makes me wonder how safe this area is.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Altamonte Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a three night stay at this Days Inn. For the first two nights, we were on the back side and were disturbed each night by guests in the parking lot, once after midnight and once at 3 AM. There is an Amtrak line here, but that noise did not bother us.
The area where the hotel is located is convenient for DC touring. However, at times it was a little hard to reach the hotel because of the exit from from the freeway and the service road that also served McDonalds, among other businesses.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the side with the train.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Haifa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Days Inn is one of our favorites.
It's one of the best value for money option and Ideal when you're on-the-road kind of trip.
It was nice to stay for 2 nights on April 2012 at San Diego's hotel, just near Sea-World and this year, we spent more than a week long on different Days Inn locations, such as Orlando's Universal North, which wasn't in a promising and welcoming area (as far as the noises from people going back and forth outside, checking how strong and loud their engines are to say the least…), then a much better Days Inn in a welcoming area at Newark Delaware (despite some technical problems with the plumbing…), Lancaster PA which was very good in al aspects but the lack of an elevator... they are all structured more or less the same:
An identical reception area and rooms around the corners in a 2 story building (or higher), you better have an elevator for the luggage if you don't get a ground room and a parking lot next to it. just like other Inn's you may found on the road.
Most of the time, as expressed above, it's the choice for overnight stay and keep on going to the next destination. No need to pre book just put the name Days Inn on the GPS and go.

Few days ago we stopped for an overnight at Days inn Lanham 9023 Annapolis Road, MD 20706. The inner structure looks like a hotel, rather than an Inn, as described above. Cozy atmosphere, extremely friendly approach of the staff, thanks Ankin (sorry if misspelled) for the hospitality and warm welcoming. The room was extra clean and well equipped with fridge, micro wave and the total feeling was such as a much higher and upscale hotel, for sure not one of the Lees-than-$100 accommodation we're talking about. The only down side is the lack of included breakfast - although it's just a continental breakfasts - but there's an in-house restaurant, we didn't check it out though.

All and all, after 3 weeks of travel – we agreed this one was our best accommodation during the on-the-road trip.

Room Tip: This hotel has an elevator so in case no room in the 1st floor, there's no problem with getting...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Lanham? Share your experiences!