“Clean Room - Property is on older side but considering the price I paid a good value.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover

Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Landover
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I booked a room in this hotel for a overnight stay. I arrived late in the night...Ample parking was available. The reception had doors barricaded like a gas station counter in high risk area. However the check-in was uneventful.
The room was clean and had basic amenities. The bathroom was clean.

Overall...considering the price I paid for the room..it was good value.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Largo, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

The guest service rep was accommodating and finding a room for me on short notice. The environment was conductive to rest and relaxation. Bed slept well and the area was clean and neat. Bathroom was clean as well as the kitchen. The lounger would put one to sleep when you sit down. Over all I was very comfortable and satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

Forewarned is not forearmed in this dirty, disgusting place. There's no way to arm yourself for the unpleastries of this old hotel. The carpets are filthy, the rooms are dingy, there was a smell in the hallway, the exposed box spring on the old queen sized bed was all stained down the side and I looked at the same dirty q-tip in the elevator for a day and a half. The night staff lady who was pleasnt enough showed me 3 different rooms, trying to please...in the end I decided it wasn't worth moving my 86 year old mom into another room they all looked just as bad. Don't stay here!!!!!

Stayed July 2010
North Caroina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

I wish I had of read the reviews before we stayed here. This was the worst experience in my life. My friends and I checked into two rooms on Sunday 1/18/2009. Both rooms had issues. In my room the toilet was broken and in my freind's room the door did not lock. To our surprise these were common items at the Extended stay in Landover. We switched rooms for a total of six times. In one room the toilet was broken, the other room the heat did not work, then the tv was not working in another room. I am still trying to reach the General Manager to demand a refund. I was told by a few other guest that they were having the same problem. When we booked we were told that the hotel was remodeled in 2005. The only thing slightly new is the lobby area. The rooms are HORRIBLE and SMELLY!!! This hotel needs to be condemed and I believe the District manager, Ibraham Contech, is seriously avoiding my calls. I plan to contact the better business bureau and the corporate headquarters of Extended Stay America. I cannot believe that they actually charge people to stay in this fithy hotel. When I told the maid about the broken toilet, she suggested that I reach into the back of the toilet and lift the bulb. I didn't pay to stay at the hotel and make toilet repairs. I am still in disblief of my horrible experience at this hotel.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything---The rooms are filthy and old.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chesapeake, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

Looking for an extended stay for less than $100 a night? The staff was friendly, but the property needs to be refurbished. The lobby is new, but the rooms are worn and everything is shabby. My non-smoking room smelled of smoke and excessive use deoderizer to try to mask. Everything in the room worked, but shows its' age. No closed, just open shelving. The Largo area is going through renewal and is near FEDEX Field (2 miles away) - beware if you need to get around during a Redskins game. There is a small shopping center nearby that is nice, but that is the ONLY thing within 5 miles of the site and the surrounding areas are no place to walk at night.

Stayed October 2008
Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2006

This hotel was absolutely awful!! Don't be fooled by the '2005 renovations' description listed on a few hotel supplier websites...this applies to the lobby area only. The rooms were disgusting and totally neglected. They were small and dingy and smelled like old, stale cigarettes even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking establishment. The beds felt like cinder blocks and the blanket was old and worn out with holes everywhere. The furniture was cheap and small and looked like it belonged in a child's bedroom...and don't even get me started on the 11" television with the taped together remote control!

The ONLY two good things - the front desk staff was pleasant and the heat worked!! THAT'S IT!! Other than that, there was absolutely NO redeeming value in this hotel .....especially for the money they charged.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away!!
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2006

This has got to be the worst hotel ever! If you ever see this hotel, run!! Run very fast in the opposite direction and never stop!! I will only touch on the big stuff like walking into our room for the first time to be greeted by a clogged toilet. Full of #2 and TP. It was not a pretty site. I called downstairs to tell them of the problem and was informed I should come to the front desk to get a plunger. When I informed the front desk this was not an option I was told maintenance would not be in until the next morning. They did offer us a different room but we were reluctant to be too far away from our kids who were already in a room down the hall. (We were bumped from the Radisson, where I had originally made reservations, due to overcrowding. They tried to put all 4 of us in a room with one bed and after a bit of discussion finally agreed to 2 rooms however they had nothing adjacent) My husband decided he would take the plunger option and left to go to the front desk. I thought I should check the bed since our bathroom had surprises and sure enough it was full of hair! Totally disgusting. The maid service is only once per week and I'm not sure they clean their rooms between customers if it's the maid's day off. We did end up in a different room but it was just one bad experience after another here. This hotel was smelly and dirty. Someone was cooking fish every night. The only redeeming quality this hotel has is the staff. They were always courteous, smiling, and helpful.

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover? Share your experiences!