“Might be different for NFL but overall a major disappointment” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Attractions in Landover
Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
East Norriton, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
“Might be different for NFL but overall a major disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I attended an international friendly soccer match between Man United and Inter Milan at FedEx. I was shocked this stadium was built in the last 20 years.

Pros: the new jumbo led screens are nice but just about every stadium has them now.

Cons: Parking is horrible. $40 to park about a half mile walk from the stadium; the entrances are not at all efficient. Got there 1.5 hours before game time and not much of a crowd was there yet (because of horrendous traffic to get there) but security had a hard time letting people in because there were only a few lanes open to let people in. Once inside the concourses are very narrow and the lack of mens rooms causes all kinds of congestion in the concourse. At halftime I got my son a beverage and it took us literally 10 minutes to go about twenty feet to the entrance to our section because it was wall to wall people who couldn't move. (And they didn't sell the top ring that they normally sell for NFL). the seats felt like they were made by the Little Tikes company, cheap hollow plastic, no cup holders, not a lot of leg or elbow room. The stands are not steep enough to view the field. Granted, the stadium wasn't made for soccer but I can't imagine you can see the NFL field either in its entirety because the stands aren't very sloped, people were constantly having to stand up to see which was annoying for me and made it impossible for my 10 year old to see anything. Our seats were 14th row a little right of mid field, so I intentionally chose 14 rows up because in most stadiums that ensures a full view but it was far from it. The concessions were weak choices, all fast food style no local flavors or anything unusual or appealing (burgers dogs, pizza). Very little beer selection and prices were just as high as other stadiums that offer a lot more.

Getting out of there was a nightmare because of the narrow concourses and lack of open gates again. Can't imagine the traffic, we walked the 2+ miles to the hotel. For a modern stadium, FedEx is awful. I can see why ESPN ranked it 32nd (dead last) among NFL stadiums. It is the poorest modern stadium I have been in. Might be more fun for an NFL game but that would be because of the team and the atmosphere, ranking just this building, it's not worth the ticket prices by any stretch.

Visited July 2014

Philadelphia,Pennsylvania
“WEEK 16 DAL-WAS GAME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Remarried better 1/2 after 25yrs of separation and took her to her 1st game. She loved it and I loved it even more for that reason. Loved the atmosphere. Sat 2 rows from the field at the endzone. The WAS fans were great! BIG D FOR LIFE BABY! Didn't like the fact that her pouch had to be thrown away (only see-thru zip-loc bags) or that I paid for parking in both tix (Snyder has this added into the tix) even though we didn't use parking (would have to pay double).

Visited December 2013
Groove City
17 attraction reviews
“Nice Stadium”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Redskins-vs-49ers. We were treated to box office seats (club level-lofe or lobe - one of the two). They were excellent seats. The food was okay and then again I am a little of a picky eater. Drinks were good and they took care of you. The level was clean. Get there early enough for parking.

Getting to the club level taking the escalators was crazy. Take the elevator although there is a wait because you can't operate the elevator, an attendant does all the work. That part I didn't really care for, however it's better than the escalators.

If you are a true redskins fan, you would like this stadium.

Visited November 2013
“A brilliant, exciting evening out with terrific atmosphere and great great fun.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

I went with my two kids (21 & 18) during our two week holiday in Washington to see the Redskins vs Philadelphia Eagles. For three 'Brits' who've only seen American Football occasionally on TV, this was a really exciting event. The atmosphere was brilliant and although the rivalry between the teams was intense, the mood was ever congenial. The FedEx stadium staff were very helpful and friendly. Despite being in the upper tier (block 425) the view was excellent. Public transport (Meteo) to and from the game was very good. A real highlight of our holiday. Highly recommended.

Visited September 2013
West Virginia
13 attraction reviews
“Redskins v Steelers Pregame”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Attended Redskins v Steelers pregame in August 2013. This was my first visit to Fed Ex Field. We had 50 yard line seats in the 6th row. 50% of our group supported the Steelers and 50% supported the Redskins. The fans were fairly well-behaved (not too many obnoxious drunks in our section) and the seating arrangement puts the fans fairly close to the action. It was interesting to see so many couples divided in their loyalty between the teams. The food was good, but why won't anyone serve chili with their hot dogs?

Visited August 2013