“Redskins” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Landover
Oakland, Maryland
“Redskins”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here to go to the game. Beds were extremely comfortable. Very quiet area. Saw a security vehicle patrolling the parking lots at the hotel and nearby. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Had planned to use metro to and from game but the shuttle service recommended by the staff was better. The breakfast at the hotel retaurant was good. Large servings. Would stay there again. Easy on and off beltway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
CYNewCarrollton, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott New Carrollton Landover, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Many of our guests take the Metro for the Redskins games, but more and more folks are utilizing the third-party shuttle that you speak of. It is a great way to save $40 for FedEx Field parking for the upcoming season!

Thank you for sharing your experience!

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
NEW JERSEY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I only stay at Marriott chains and this one did not disappoint. I booked my room online because I was driving in from New Jersey for a Christmas concert on 12/1. I requested early check in because I didn't know what time I was going to arrive. Well we arrived around 12:30 and I thought my room wouldn't be ready but when I went to the Lobby I was greeted at the front desk with a smile and a of course your room is ready. Check in was a breeze and took about 3 mins tops. The lobby is so nice. I love the chic modern decor. I left my iPhone charger home and asked the lady at the desk if she could charge my phone she let me borrow a charger. That was very nice of her. There is a little cafe where you can get food wine coffee but it didn't open back up til 5 and my concert was at 4. The room was clean. The bed was comfy like all Marriotts. I really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I'm glad to see that we exceeded your expectations. I've shared your comments with the team so they are able to keep up the good work!
White Plains, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

This Courtyard upholds a standard that my wife and I come to expect when we stay at one. We won't stay anywhere else because this company has never let us down because of the courteous staff, fantastic rooms and comfortable facilities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We had yet another great experience with the Courtyard by Marriott! The place was predictably clean and inviting and the staff were welcoming, friendly and professional. The ONLY thing I wish they'd address is the positioning of the TV's in relation to the bed. It is unnatural to have to turn your head to watch TV. Since we don't spend much time in the room, it's not enough to deter us from staying there but it does seem like something can be done.

Personally, I would prefer a firmer bed but I really have never been unhappy or disappointed with any Marriott I've stayed at.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed for a parent's weekend for GW University. We were armed with our Metro Smart Trip cards and it was approx. a 30 min. ride to the Foggy Bottom stop from New Carrollton. The hotel supplies a free shuttle (but of course you tip the driver!) to the station.
This hotel is very chic looking. Our room was clean and updated, and the bed was very, very comfortable. We had a great sleep because it was sooo quiet. Wi-fi service was great in the room, also. I booked through an online booking service and got a great price. Staff was friendly and room was perfect. Look forward to returning in the future.

Room Tip: Don't forget your bathing suit for the indoor pool (unfortunately, we did forget).
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Box Elder, SD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The desk staff was amazing and very helpful. Even prior to our stay, I called several times asking several questions and the staff was always kind and helpful! We were staying in the area for a football game and were very pleased to find that there was a driver that offered to take us to and from the game! It was a huge plus! We also liked the complementary shuttle to the metro! My only complaint was that there weren't vending machines. Our only option was to purchase from the market and it was pricey. The pool was in good shape and the warmest pool water I've ever felt!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hopkins, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I spent the night at this hotel as I returned from my most recent trip to Afghanistan. Check in was a breeze. The front desk clerk was friendly and competent. My reservation was in place just as I had made it and the staff was very friendly and courteous even though I probably looked terrible from days of traveling to get there. My room was a one bedroom king size room and was very clean and equiped with everything. The last time I reviewed this hotel I complained about there not being a microwave in the room. This time there was a microwave along with a well working small refrigerator. Unfortunately, I didn't really stay long enough to make use of the microwave, but I was happy to see it there this time. The room came with two good size flat screen televisions, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. This is great because some hotels only have one television forcing you to watch tv in the livingroom instead of being able to watch from bed. The couch and chairs in the room were really not my style of furniture, but they were functional and clean with no stains that seem to be common (and disgusting) at other hotels. The bed was as comfortable as could be, and all the bathroom fixtures worked fine. The property had a nice looking swimming pool and a decent, but small workout room. I would recommend a weight machine be added to the workout room, but at least there was a workout area available. The lobby has a very nice dining area and the lady that waited on me for dinner and the lady who waited on me at breakfast were both very friendly and my food was very good. This hotel used to have a breakfast buffet, which I liked, but seeing how some people act, especially with unsupervised children, I can see why the hotel now has only an order menu set up. The food is still good and a decent selection is available. The computer/office area looked to be in good order even though I did not need to use them. The one improvement I could actually recommend would be if the better quality internet were free. This hotel offers a very basic free internet which actually worked fine for e-mails, but if you want the better quality internet, it will cost you $6.95 per day. I don't pay for hotel internet, so I cannot say how much better the paid internet is than the free internet. I can say the free internet was sufficient for sending e-mails on this trip. The last time I stayed here the internet worked terribly so perhaps it was just malfunctioning last time. Since this hotel still offers a free internet service it is not a show stopper, but it would be nice if the better quality internet was free to guests. I recently mailed a "name brand" competition hotel their gold card back after they charged me for internet service. That internet service charge has already cost them thousands and will cost them plenty more until they get rid of it. I like having a nice room, but I can see past some room flaws to have good internet, so hopefully this hotel will continue to offer a free internet service. I'm sure some others will wonder why I'm so hung up on internet, but being able to stay in touch with friends and family is most important to me since I travel often. Overall I have to say that each time I stay at this hotel it seems to get just a little better. It is convenient to where I work when I travel to the area and I am certain I will stay here again in the future. The room has always been clean and the staff has always been friendly.

Room Tip: This is the first time I stayed in a one bedroom suite at this hotel and even though the other rooms...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott New Carrollton Landover? Share your experiences!