“LaPlata stopover” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Plata
Pawleys Island
“LaPlata stopover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The LaPlata B/W is perfectly located for us on our frequent drives to/from Cape Cod to South Carolina. We stop here almost every time we drive from the Cape, which is a 525 mile leg on our journey. We always have a late arrival, and we always get a good room. It's quiet, clean, the beds are comfortable and the showers are great.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
La Plata
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Very good value. Room was clean and air quality good. Staff was pleasant and helpful.
The location is right off Route 301 and the parking is right at the door.
I intend to return to this motel in the near future.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife and I were please do find this Best Western to be attractive and clean -- a good place to stay a night while we were attending a conference. It gets the job done.

Only criticism is that their breakfast space is a bit cramped and we couldn't find orange juice in it.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampstead, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is a re-do of one of the old style motels. It is a two story building and it does not have an elevator. So if your a Senior or stair challanged, be sure to get a room on the first floor.
The room was very clean and up to date. It did have a "frig" and microwave, which I always like to see. Free breakfast with the usual fare. The hotel is close to the highway, so ask for a room in the rear of the building. Some road noise in the front, but not enough to keep me awake.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Be sure to ask where "Popes Creek" is and go there for some great "Maryland Steamed Crabs".

Room Tip: 1st floor room in the rear.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Geleen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We've stayed here for one night, travelling to Virginia. The hotelroom was a bit small but clean and the beds were comfy. There was a pool but we did not use it. In the nearby area are lots of restaurants to choose from. Breakfast was OK, there were hot and cold items to choose from. Access to the hotel entrance by car was a bit tricky when you arrive from the "wrong" side of the road. But it was easy to find with navigation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
La Plata, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

After suffering two floods in my home (back-to-back) my insurance company recommended I stay at the Best Western until my home was restored. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised by the professional, warm, friendly, and accommodating staff. This was my first experience with a Best Western, but it surely will NOT be my last! The room in its entirety was spotless, breakfast was more than adequate, and Internet access was available (a big plus).

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Westminster, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have stayed here several times and am always impressed with the cleanliness, the staff, appearence inside and out. The hot breakfast is so varied, they have anything you can imagine. Probably the best BW I've ever stayed at.
My last stay I could not get the remote to change channels, I was given a new one which didn't solve the problem. Matthew at the desk came to my room but we couldn't figure out what the problem was. I think someone had fooled with the Vchip. Matthew offered to switch me to a suite and took money off my bill. Excellent customer service decision. Thanks Matthew!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus La Plata Inn? Share your experiences!