“Young Crowd, kind of noisy” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #22 of 52 Restaurants in La Plata
Cuisines: American
LaPlata, MD
“Young Crowd, kind of noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

typical chain, nothing great, OK, decent value. Concret floors, simple, youthful decor, sports bar atmosphere, live music some Saturday nights

• Visited February 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

La Plata, Maryland
“DO NOT ORDER TAKE OUT FROM THE GREEN TURTLE!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

We are new to the area and decided to try the Green Turtle, it was a lazy Saturday and decided to call in and go pick it up or have it delivered. To start off, when I called and asked if they delivered the girl said yes so I proceeded to give her our order and then after I was finished I then proceeded to give her our address and she said "Why do I need your address?" I said "to deliver our order..." she laughed like a school girl and said "oh we don't deliver" I replied with "you said you did?" and she giggled again and said she got confused. Really??!! Well on top of that frustration...we went and picked up the food. It is a 10 minute trip (round trip) and the food was HORRIBLE!!! It was cold and had no flavor and way too greasy!!! My husband and I looked at each other after 2 bites and dumped $34 in the trash. That's how much we paid to fill up our trash can. Disgusting, horrible food and less than intelligent staff. Note to the town of La Plata....don't waste your money or your time at the Green Turtle.

• Visited February 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
King George, Virginia
“Very good sports bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

My girlfriend and I eat here all the time. I would say that it is my favorite sports bar in the area. The food is normally very tasting, and most things are a good value for the money. There are TVs all over the place, including in your booth so you can watch whatever you desire. Sometimes on really crowded days the service may lack a bit, but that is to be expected.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good sports bar, a bit overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008

Good sports bar, a bit overpriced

Waldorf, MD
“A nice place to dine...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2008

This weekend we were returning from a trip to St. Clements and decided to stop at the Green Turtle with our kids. It was about 5:00 on a Sunday evening, and we thought the place may be packed and were hesitant to stop if that was the case. My wife and I had ate there once about 2 months prior without the kids, but were pleased with the food and service.

We were promplty seated as the restaurant had few customers, but it may have been the time of day. We were waited on by Brittney, who was not only very attractive, but took care of our drink order promplty. Our food order took very little time, as it did not appear the restaurant was busy. Although the food seemed to be hot, and could not possibly had been sitting in the kitchen long, I believe the presentation seemed poorly done. The bun my sandwich was on was falling apart, as the kitchen people did not allow the liquid from the chicken to drain. The french fries seemed a little on the cold side, and had definately been out of the fryer for more than a few minutes.

The waitress did very well, and I did not complain, but the food quality seemed to be much less than it was two months prior when they were much busier. I can't blame the food issues on the waitress, as there was not enough time between her taking the order and the order being delivered to the table, and it could not have spent much time on a warming table in the kitchen...

Cleanliness - 5 stars