“Wonderful food & atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful food & atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband walked into Ouzo's the first day they opened while out running errands/scouting out restaurants since we were fairly new to the area. The whole family welcomed him in, fed him some food & drinks, & that night our family ate there. It's been magic ever since! This place is worth trying out!!!The food is great & the family is wonderful! Red Imiglykos wine is a wonderful treat, as is everything on the menu! It's impossible to be disappointed! The live entertainment only further enhances the experience; fresh, locally-grown ingredients make wonderful dishes. Ouzo's is a bit pricy but it's because they hold true to supporting their fellow local small businesses. The cost is worth it because it's always a satisfying experience! Something for everyone is at Ouzo's, check them out!!! :)

Washington DC
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife, niece and I went to Ouzo's last night. I lived in Greece when I was in the service and have been back many times since. This is not an authentic Greek restaurant. They were out of two of the items I ordered, the Greek salad was terrible and there only two desserts offered. On a Saturday night, you'd think they would have a full menu. My Pastitsio was microwaved. Lamb was tough. And, our bill was $170 for three people and a carafe of wine. My wife didn't even get an entree. I am not sure how this restaurant has lasted. They need Chef Ramsey to make a visit.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Surprisingly Elegant Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

You probably wouldn't think much of Ouzo's if you saw it from the outside. It's barely noticeable in the shopping center where it sits. The interior is so elegantly decorated you could instantly forget that just next door is a liquor store. It is a lovely place to enjoy a meal with family or friends. The dining area is quite large (there are two dining rooms separated by a wall) and they appear to be set up for a DJ and live performances on a small, adjacent stage. I assume they host private parties, and it would be a perfect setting for them.

The food is on the pricy side - dinner entrees run around $20, and include some of the standard fare, some pasta dishes, and a selection of kabobs. After appetizers and a salad, you may find yourself unable to finish the generous entree portions. And some things, like the pastas run on the heavy side. If you are looking for something like, try the kabobs, which are good portions of meat served on a bed of rice and come with a delicious tatziki sauce. My husband had the lamb while there and it was cooked quite nicely. Adventurous diners might want to try the swordfish kabob (which is cheaper than the lamb). Families with children may be glad to know they also serve a selection of what looked like very delicious pizzas. They also have a fully stocked bar and serve the Ouzo flambé style!

The restaurant is conveniently off the main highway (301/Crain Road) in La Plata, MD. They also have a location in nearby Indian Head.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
La Plata, MD
“A great restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Located beside a liquor store in a strip mall (which is actually hidden behind another strip mall) one would not expect to find such a gem of a restaurant. Every town needs a restaurant (or two) like this. Wonderful and cozy atmosphere with excellent service and authentic food... Not a chain, family run, large dining room. It is perfect for a relaxing night out with family and/or friends. Everything we have had there (hummus, greek salad, pastitsio, moussaka, souvlaki) has been delicious. I always want to try something new but can never steer away from the choices that I like so much. Full bar. Delicious Greek wine as well...and if youve never had greek wine, they will be happy to give you a taste test.

The prices are good.. More comparable to a good restaurant up in Alexandria... But without the drive. It's very reasonable for my husband and me although I'm not sure we would have been able to frequent it when our three kids were at home.

Ouzos also has a smaller dining room which is open for lunch, with overflow into the larger dining room if necessary. There are plenty of Greek favorites on the lunch menu as well as their delicious brick oven pizza. The pizza is a favorite of our grown kids... It is absolutely delicious and certainly some of the best pizza I have ever had.

As stated earlier, ouzos is a gem of a restaurant and we are so lucky to have it located here in our backyard.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Surprisingly superb Greek food in S MD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We eat Greek as often as possible and travel to Greece yearly. We did not expect to find exceptional authentic Greek food in S MD.

The Gressis family are warm, gracious, friendly hosts and excellent cooks. Portions r gigantic. We especially recommend the Greek salad, moussaka, & pastitsio. Mina's avgolemono soup (chicken & rice) & the galactoburiko (philo-wrapped custard topped w cinnamon & honey) r incomparable.

It's good enough to warrant a trip frm DC!

The same family also has pizza restaurants in Waldorf & Indian Head, MD; we've had the pizza at Ouzo's, & it's great, so I'm guessing that it's equally good at their 2 newer places as well.

• 5 of 5 stars Food