“Warm and Comfortable Bed and Breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Antietam Overlook Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Keedysville
Antietam Overlook Farm
4812 Porterstown Rd, PO Box 30, Keedysville, MD 21756   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Keedysville B&B and Inns
Rockville, MD
“Warm and Comfortable Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed for two relaxing, renewing nights. Michelle and Tina were terrific in making our stay memorable. It was great to get away to such a charming place with large rooms and private porches. The breakfasts were ready each morning at 9:00 and were fresh, tasty and quite filling. There was a "great room" with lots of comfy chairs and sofas and lots of material about the Civil War. Soft drinks, coffee and some alcoholic beverages were complimentary. The views were great and watching and listening to so many varieties of birds was a nice treat. Battlefield tours were available but we chose to take it easy and relax on this trip. Met some nice guests while we were there.
A very enjoyable time for some good relaxation.

81 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Moneta, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our two night stay at the Overlook was FANTASTIC !!. First time staying at a B&B and what a treat it was. Room was spacious and comfortable, warm friendly atmosphere. Breakfast was delicious and grounds are picture perfect. Meeting Mark was a treat, Michelle was just a Blessing to have and Tina was as sweet as pie. Very accomodating staff who couldn't do enough for us. Enjoyed relax time with friends for a reunion B/Day gathering. Home base for our two day stay in area. Michelle assisted with suggestions for dinner and enjoyed battlefield tours. Enjoyed the birds and wildlife abundant everywhere. Mountain Top viewes everywhere. Would recommend to everyone to experience Antietam Overlook Farm's warm friendly welcome for an enjoyable time.

Room Tip: All rooms are special. We stayed 1st floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
antietamoverlookfarm, Innkeeper at Antietam Overlook Farm, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you very much. We enjoyed your company as well.. I am glad you guys could meet in the middle for the special birthday and just having a small reunion with great friends. You guys packed alot in and still seemed relaxed and that is what makes our job so fulfilling.
If your every MEETING in the MIDDLE anytime soon, give us a call.
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Antietam Overlook Farm, and found it completely relaxing. The Inn Keeper Michelle and the House Keeper Tina, were warm and friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable and we were able to see part of the Antietam Battlefield from our room. Breakfast was at 9:00 each morning. It was nice not to have to get up early for breakfast, and they were filling enough that you might not want lunch. It was convenient to Harpers Ferry and the Battlefield. Michelle was extremely helpful when we asked about restaruants in Shepherdstown. She gave a great recommendation. I enjoyed myself immensily.

Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay. Room was very large and comfortable. Ther Eli's a small screened in porch which we used both nights we were there. As others have said, breakfast was served at a single time, 9:00. While this was just fine with us, I can see how this might not suit everyone. The breakfast was excellent however. The great room was comfortable with a stoked fire going and there were sodas, beer and some drinks. My wife and I agreed we would not hesitate to return.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
antietamoverlookfarm, Innkeeper at Antietam Overlook Farm, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We thank you and are glad you enjoyed your stay. Although we want everyone to enjoy their stay, it does not always work out that way. Constructive criticisim is the only way we can perform to meet expectations of all. We hope to see you at a future time, maybe a different season. In which all are wonderful in our area.
Limerick, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Overlook Farm and were looking forward to it and excited about a great stay. That quickly changed as we were greeted by the innkeeper Michelle, who - while appearing relaxed and engaging - decided to drop the "F" word within 15 minutes of our arrival. We hadn't even made it out of the greatroom yet. There's a time and place for everything - and this wasn't it. Michelle seemed extremely comfortable with us despite having known us for less than 7 minutes and honestly, I was quite surprised at some of her comments of other past guests as well as some of the language she used. ( and trust me, I'm no prude - I've heard it all).

We never had a chance to eat breakfast as each day was scheduled somewhere around 0930 - which didn't fit our schedule as we are early risers and opt to be out and about before the crowds. Staying around for a 0930 breakfast (start time), etc would certainly end up in not getting to our destination til maybe around 11AM or later. We also asked what was for breakfast and were cavalierly told - 'Oh, I don't know - I usually don't decide until that morning'. Hmmm - so much for planning. What about special needs or allergies - i wonder how folks with those concerns deal with that. Very often, when staying at a B & B, when you let the inn know you will be leaving early in the days - they try to at least have something ready for you before you head out for the day - coffee, cereal, etc OR they send you out with a 'boxed lunch' type of meal to get you through the AM. Despite advising Michelle that this would be the case with us, these options weren't discussed.

Our room was OK - nothing great. It was obviously an add-on and not original, and the craftsmanship/woodwork was certainly not professional in appearance. Mouldings, trim , etc were uneven, mismatched and somethings missing completely. Oh, and a large hole/ space in the bathroom wall. Keep in mind - my comments are based on the "select registry" status this inn likes to advertise. This was by no means a Select Registry B & B.

What about bugs ? Stinkbugs - everywhere. Michelle mentioned as she did her walk through that they had been having a problem with stink bugs and we might still see one or two. Well, she was correct - they did have a problem and we killed 53 PLUS stinkbugs in a weekend.. I personally think that's absurd and i highly doubt they have taken ANY steps to address the issue. I am very familiar with these little bugs and as per my own experience, an appt with a reliable exterminator will greatly ease this situation.

I have stayed in worse motels but not B &B's. Unfortunately, if my friends were asking about staying here - regrettably, I would not be able to provide a favorable recommendation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
antietamoverlookfarm, Innkeeper at Antietam Overlook Farm, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
I do apoligize for your unpleasant experience. I aim for everyone that walks through our door to have a wonderful experience and to make you feel "at home". Had I known you would be leaving early, Fruit, oatmeal, juices and pastries would have been left out for you. I do this often, when I am notified of an earlier departure. As for not knowing what is for breakfast, We have a fully stocked kitchen and pantry at all times, so I do not PLAN a specific menu, until I do find who has any dietary needs, or dislikes. I ask everyone if they have special needs, vegan , vegetarian, etc. We even have gluten free items on hand. When we have a full house it is hard to please everyone, but every extra detail to make you feel special is important to us.
As for the stink bugs, we adress this issue DAILY ! We have had exterminators in , and can provide phone numbers. It is an ongoing battle, everywhere, not just here. No one dislikes them more than our staff. I do hope that there was something positive that made your stay a nice one.
I've been doing this for 4 1/2 years, and no one is more important than You and me making your stay memorable. I apoligize once again.
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our two night stay at this special inn.(beautiful views) Our room was marvelous - everything you could want and more. We enjoyed our evenings in the common room sitting in the rocking chairs, reading a good book, sipping wine provided by the inn keeper and enjoying a splendid fire. Mark, Michelle and Tina made our stay special with many refreshments available in the refrigerator to enjoy besides the wine. The food served at breakfast was special in its 'display' as well as exquisite in its taste - it was a marvelous 3 course breakfast to start the day before exploring the area around the inn. We are hikers and enjoyed the trails around the Antietam battlefield as well as a 5 mile trek to Maryland heights overlooking Harpers Ferry. (and there is so much to explore in the area)

Room Tip: Oops there is no swimming pool but the web site wont let me remove my rating
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very pleased to hear you loved your stay. It makes our job not even feel like a job.
We hope you get the chance to return sometime in the near future. Visiting during the different seasons is always fun.
We love to hear that guests feel like when they are here they are entering as strangers and leaving as friends.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

What a great weekend we had at this wonderful b&b. From the time we were greeted by Michelle and shown to our large, but cozy room we were in love. It was a cold day, but Michelle had a big fire going in the kitchen and starting one in the huge "family" room. Everything is done in such good taste and we immediately felt welcome. We enjoyed our evening in front of the family room fireplace, just reading or in our own room by the fireplace. The views are memorable, as is also the breakfasts and constant wine in their frig. Great little restaurants close by and a beautiful area to visit. We look forward to returning in the warmer weather!

Room Tip: Try to get the rooms with a view of the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Antietam Overlook Farm? Share your experiences!