“a nightmare dump! SEEMED TO BE AN OLD HOOKER HANGOUT” 1 of 5 stars

Knights Inn Baltimore - South Jessup
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   7541 Assateague Dr, Jessup, MD 20794   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Denver
“a nightmare dump! SEEMED TO BE AN OLD HOOKER HANGOUT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

room hadn't been vacuumed; wall had hand smeared whatever on wall. the bed cover wasnt even put on the bed right. looked at the bed and it looked like it had been there since the 70's...... big wedge in the middle ... looked like a rather large person had slept in the middle since then.. the bathroom hadn't been even wiped down... the shower stall was worse than any truck stop on a bad day. garbage was on the floor. not in the garbage can... my fiancee and I took a 3 minute tour...... that was enough to almost turn our stomachs...... we left...... went to the red roof inn down the street..... what a beautiful place that was ! only 20$ more for way better accomodations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL WORTH THE HASSLE......AS THEY DON'T HAVE TRUCK PARKING.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
nh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

As it says it the title....I AM a trucker! and this is a hotel attached to a TA travel center truck stop. OK...that said, our life styles are very different than most "soccor moms" and "business professionals" could even imagine. That said, again, this is a truck stop with a hotel for "DRIVERS" who live in 4' by 7' sleeper cab in the truck the operate. Any driver would love to have a room with a warm clean bed with a clean functional shower and facilities....but this is a whole different story. This is a money grab to get those said truckers to spend the night and cough up the dough for the room knowing that they have limited options. As a "truck stop hotel" this is dismal...unhealthy and truly unsafe for the general public such as the "soccor moms" i already stereotyped. This hotel is a (--) dump. As a trucker I would rather stay at a soup kitchen and feel "clean" and "healthy" before i would ever stay here again;.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

A 2 night stay was booked through Hotwire, so of course had no idea what we were getting in to until after confirmation. This "2-Star" establishment is scary. The room we were in looked like it had not seen any sort of upkeep/repair in quite a while. The condition of the bathroom was deplorable. Recommendation; spend a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

Took 22 minutes to register, and I was the only one registering. The keys are old fashion keys and they had all of them in one box, grab bag fashion. They charged higher than my form showed, diredted me to the wrong floor because keys did not have room numbers on them. The wall in my room had a hugh black smudge and no remote control. I called down about the remote and was told "we don't have any left." This was on a Friday night, so I asked them how about one from another room? Again, I was rudely told they didn't have any. Same rude lady who checked me in. Being fat is no reason for being rude. I've stayed in many Knights Inn which were the old fashion one floor plan. This was a 5 story and was attached to a truck stop. In a word? A dump!!!! I called Knights 800 number and after a 22 minute hold, was conected to customer service. I filed a report, but don't expect to hear anything. We spent three days in Philly, Baltimore and DC, and 80% of the people we dealt with could not speak or understand english well. Discouraging.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

First off this is..." A TRUCK STOP" are you serious... yes, booked online and paid 20 $ more than the rate of the motel, the real rate is 45$ not 65$ like online says. for this place come on. Did I add there is a prison across the street, REALLY! The lobby was un-air conditioned and the elevators have carpet on the inside, please note the lobby had ladies of the night working. REALLY!The repair CB shop gave the family a chuckle along with video games from the early 80s and 90s. Valuable to teach the kids a lesson and to make you appreciate and really nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
da'Burgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2008

This is my first stay at a Knights Inn, so I did not know what to expect. From having seen Knights Inns in the past on roadsides, I was expecting the Knights Inn to stand on its own, like Red Roof. Surprising, I found this Inn as part of the TA TravelCenter, a chain where I have fueled up in the past and had good impressions of. Actually, I had a hard time finding this Inn.

I booked the Knights Inn on its website using AAA rate (~$55 + tax = 60.34), and confirmed the stay, so there was no backing out. The online reservation process with KnightsInn.com ran smoothly and without error, though I wish the website would have linked up to the relevant reviews on TripAdvisor.com.

Upon arrival at the Jessup TA, I was dismayed to find that the Inn felt like a cheap motel and not like a Red Roof Inn (woe was optimistic I), the location seemed remote and isolated, and the center itself felt somewhat unsafe. The Inn desk clerk showed little enthusiasm to provide service.

The fifth floor hallway had a decent cleaning-agent scent, but the elevator reeked of old cigarette ash. The room itself looked decent at first, non-smoking as promised, with two double-beds, a TV, a small desk, a clothes-hanging area, and a simple bathroom. However, upon closer inspection, the bed on which I slept felt a mesh of spring rather than a nice layer of cushion. The bathroom curtain reeked of stale mold so that I had to shower without closing the curtain to avoid suffocating. The cabinet underneath the sink had been used as a trash bin. There were four bars of soap, but no shampoo whatsoever. Needless to say, there was no blow dryer. I did not bother to call "front desk."

While I realize "you get what you pay for," this place had comparable quality to a badly-operated 6-motel. While it may have been decent at $30, it was not at all worth $60. I regretted staying there.

• Disliked — Odor.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

Even for someone used to staying at bargain motels, this one-star Knights Inn is one of the seedier places I've stayed. The place is really more of a truck stop; the rooms are just big enough for a bed and look out onto an enormous truck lot. As a woman traveling alone I felt a little uncomfortable staying here. The woman who checked me in kept me waiting for several minutes while she tallied receipts from the convenience store below the hotel. Pretty much the only reason to stay here is the price. Although I usually tend to spring for the cheapest hotel I can find, I think I will avoid this place in the future.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Baltimore - South Jessup? Share your experiences!