“SCARY” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Jacksonville
“SCARY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel also doubles as a truck stop so there were a lot of men oogling at me during my stay. The toilet was clogged in my room and no one ever came to fix it and it is across the street from the jail. I also couldn't access the internet from my room as I was told I could and they charged me more money than what the sign on the back of the doors say the room rate is. The shower curtain was ripped and the tub was stained.

Room Tip: any hotel but this one
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

So disgusting that I'd like my picture to tell you the thousand words for me. Roaches, mildew, and filth is was this hotel encompasses. My girlfriend and I got a room here. Once we got the wrong we step dance and left out before realizing that it was a big mistake. After about 5 hours of being gone in DC, we came back only to realize that we pay $72 for a room that has roaches, dirt, feel, mildew, mo and in my opinion those are all the ingredients that may lead to staff and other bacterial infection. I believe that this to be some type of health department to come in here check out what's going on and shut them down. Places like the Knights Inn in Jessup Maryland and corporations like Monsanto can I keep on getting away with this crap!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

Since the reviews on TripAdvisor require 200 characters I will oblige and do so, although my stay at this Knights Inn could be summed up by one word, "horrific".
I fell for the lure of the enticing price and supposed amenities probably like many others before me; but don't let the low vacancy rate confuse you... this place like most reviews have stated is a complete DUMP!
Since this was a large family trip we had quite a few teenage daughters traveling with us whom we did not feel safe leaving out of our sight since this place is located directly across from a prison and a 2x plethora of truck drivers seeking lodging. Nothing against truck drivers, but this spots location of its salon, arcade, and movie theater are quite ideal for concerned parents and family members.
I'm always in search of good value, but this place is a true "stay-away" hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Berwick, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

So many things wrong here. Check in was at the front desk of the convenient mart, keys are made of metal, and the deadbolt was half hanging off the door. The lobby smelled of disinfectant, the corridors and elevators even worse. Bath tub had nasty stains on it, the water ran constantly, and the toilet paper holder fell off the wall. When we opened the bathroom cabinet, it had used tampons and crumpled up pieces of toilet paper in it. Television only received 3 channels, everything else was snow. Front desk clerk even warned us when we said we were planning on staying for 3 nights to go someplace else. The double rooms are the size of a shoe box, with little to no room between the beds. There was toenail clippings and a sprung mouse trap behind the headboard of the bed, as well as the carcass of dead bugs in between the sheets. The only pro's of this hotel are the location, and the price. It does get quiet after dark, although I wouldn't recommend hanging out in the parking lot.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Krakow, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Never, ever book a room in this place - the place is very dirty, almost no housekeeping. When we visited it claimed to be just renovated but there were some insects in the elevator, the bathroom was dirty. Everything was just disgusting. I wouldn't recommend it even for die-hard truckers.

No magnetic cards, just typical metal keys.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
wausau
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I are professional drivers, we thought it would be convenient to stay at this hotel as it was part of a truck stop and it is difficult to find hotels that offer truck parking. That being said, we didn't know any place could be as bad as this one. Many of the TA's we stop at are not always the nicest truck stops, but we thought the Knight's Inn would be comparable to a Red Roof or a Day's Inn, this Knight's Inn is the worst place ever! The check in at the service desk for the TA was awful, service was rude and slow. The room was tiny, barely able to walk around, bed was no better than a box spring with a little padding, TV was small and didn't work right, carpet felt sticky, even the curtains wouldn't close and were half hanging off the rods. Really, can't believe how Knight's Inn or the city of Jessup can allow this place to stay open, it should be condemned. Called down to see if we could get two extra pillows, were told to come get them ourselves, as mentioned, service was very rude. Never stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Knights Inn Baltimore - South Jessup? Share your experiences!