“Dump” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 hotels in Jessup
Ohio
“Dump”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

Took 22 minutes to register, and I was the only one registering. The keys are old fashion keys and they had all of them in one box, grab bag fashion. They charged higher than my form showed, diredted me to the wrong floor because keys did not have room numbers on them. The wall in my room had a hugh black smudge and no remote control. I called down about the remote and was told "we don't have any left." This was on a Friday night, so I asked them how about one from another room? Again, I was rudely told they didn't have any. Same rude lady who checked me in. Being fat is no reason for being rude. I've stayed in many Knights Inn which were the old fashion one floor plan. This was a 5 story and was attached to a truck stop. In a word? A dump!!!! I called Knights 800 number and after a 22 minute hold, was conected to customer service. I filed a report, but don't expect to hear anything. We spent three days in Philly, Baltimore and DC, and 80% of the people we dealt with could not speak or understand english well. Discouraging.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family

21 people have reviewed this hotel

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

First off this is..." A TRUCK STOP" are you serious... yes, booked online and paid 20 $ more than the rate of the motel, the real rate is 45$ not 65$ like online says. for this place come on. Did I add there is a prison across the street, REALLY! The lobby was un-air conditioned and the elevators have carpet on the inside, please note the lobby had ladies of the night working. REALLY!The repair CB shop gave the family a chuckle along with video games from the early 80s and 90s. Valuable to teach the kids a lesson and to make you appreciate and really nice hotel.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
da'Burgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2008

This is my first stay at a Knights Inn, so I did not know what to expect. From having seen Knights Inns in the past on roadsides, I was expecting the Knights Inn to stand on its own, like Red Roof. Surprising, I found this Inn as part of the TA TravelCenter, a chain where I have fueled up in the past and had good impressions of. Actually, I had a hard time finding this Inn.

I booked the Knights Inn on its website using AAA rate (~$55 + tax = 60.34), and confirmed the stay, so there was no backing out. The online reservation process with KnightsInn.com ran smoothly and without error, though I wish the website would have linked up to the relevant reviews on TripAdvisor.com.

Upon arrival at the Jessup TA, I was dismayed to find that the Inn felt like a cheap motel and not like a Red Roof Inn (woe was optimistic I), the location seemed remote and isolated, and the center itself felt somewhat unsafe. The Inn desk clerk showed little enthusiasm to provide service.

The fifth floor hallway had a decent cleaning-agent scent, but the elevator reeked of old cigarette ash. The room itself looked decent at first, non-smoking as promised, with two double-beds, a TV, a small desk, a clothes-hanging area, and a simple bathroom. However, upon closer inspection, the bed on which I slept felt a mesh of spring rather than a nice layer of cushion. The bathroom curtain reeked of stale mold so that I had to shower without closing the curtain to avoid suffocating. The cabinet underneath the sink had been used as a trash bin. There were four bars of soap, but no shampoo whatsoever. Needless to say, there was no blow dryer. I did not bother to call "front desk."

While I realize "you get what you pay for," this place had comparable quality to a badly-operated 6-motel. While it may have been decent at $30, it was not at all worth $60. I regretted staying there.

• Disliked — Odor.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

Even for someone used to staying at bargain motels, this one-star Knights Inn is one of the seedier places I've stayed. The place is really more of a truck stop; the rooms are just big enough for a bed and look out onto an enormous truck lot. As a woman traveling alone I felt a little uncomfortable staying here. The woman who checked me in kept me waiting for several minutes while she tallied receipts from the convenience store below the hotel. Pretty much the only reason to stay here is the price. Although I usually tend to spring for the cheapest hotel I can find, I think I will avoid this place in the future.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

I stayed here because it was so much cheaper than the other hotels in the area, but trust me it was NOT worth it. I booked through Hotwire so I didn't realize where I had booked until I had already paid for 3 nights. It is a truck stop, literally, across the street from a maximum security prison!!! We had a credit card stolen from our room and it is a truly shady area. The room wasn't filthy, but you never really felt clean and I didn't feel safe walking through the place or going to my room at all, and I don't get freaked easily. It's a ways from the city and it's also a good distance from anywhere you want to be. Don't stay here, it really isn't worth it, and unless you're driving a big rig, you will get stares and feel very very uncomfortable.

• Liked — great breakfast at the truck stop restaurant
  • Disliked — very unsafe location, across the street from a prison, credit card stolen from room, truckstop
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2007

We were disappointed in the name of the place, Knight's Inn elsewhere we have stayed in, have been better. On the door of our room the sign named this hotel Truckers Inn and that is how it should be marketed Truckers Inn. Room very small, closet size. Should not be more than $35.00 a night. However to be fair the room was clean and so was the bathroom, It was cleaned all three nights we stayed there. Access to highway, pavillion and BWI are good.

• Liked — room was clean
  • Disliked — closet size room overlooking a big and I mean big truck stop. But hey listen
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Salt Lake City, UT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

I read a review online saying this place was "like a truck stop." It isn't "like" a truck stop - it IS a truck stop. Truly bad, absolutely not worth the money. The hotel check-in desk is the truck stop cashier stand. It's also very, very, very dirty. Notable disgusting features in my room included dozens of dead flies inside the bathroom fluorescent light fixture, large chunks of food on the floor and a greasy napkin in the bedside table drawer. However, I do agree with the previous review that the woman at the check-in desk was nice.

• Stayed May 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Knights Inn Baltimore - South Jessup? Share your experiences!