“Not Worth the Price” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
da'Burgh
“Not Worth the Price”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2008

This is my first stay at a Knights Inn, so I did not know what to expect. From having seen Knights Inns in the past on roadsides, I was expecting the Knights Inn to stand on its own, like Red Roof. Surprising, I found this Inn as part of the TA TravelCenter, a chain where I have fueled up in the past and had good impressions of. Actually, I had a hard time finding this Inn.

I booked the Knights Inn on its website using AAA rate (~$55 + tax = 60.34), and confirmed the stay, so there was no backing out. The online reservation process with KnightsInn.com ran smoothly and without error, though I wish the website would have linked up to the relevant reviews on TripAdvisor.com.

Upon arrival at the Jessup TA, I was dismayed to find that the Inn felt like a cheap motel and not like a Red Roof Inn (woe was optimistic I), the location seemed remote and isolated, and the center itself felt somewhat unsafe. The Inn desk clerk showed little enthusiasm to provide service.

The fifth floor hallway had a decent cleaning-agent scent, but the elevator reeked of old cigarette ash. The room itself looked decent at first, non-smoking as promised, with two double-beds, a TV, a small desk, a clothes-hanging area, and a simple bathroom. However, upon closer inspection, the bed on which I slept felt a mesh of spring rather than a nice layer of cushion. The bathroom curtain reeked of stale mold so that I had to shower without closing the curtain to avoid suffocating. The cabinet underneath the sink had been used as a trash bin. There were four bars of soap, but no shampoo whatsoever. Needless to say, there was no blow dryer. I did not bother to call "front desk."

While I realize "you get what you pay for," this place had comparable quality to a badly-operated 6-motel. While it may have been decent at $30, it was not at all worth $60. I regretted staying there.

• Disliked — Odor.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2007

Even for someone used to staying at bargain motels, this one-star Knights Inn is one of the seedier places I've stayed. The place is really more of a truck stop; the rooms are just big enough for a bed and look out onto an enormous truck lot. As a woman traveling alone I felt a little uncomfortable staying here. The woman who checked me in kept me waiting for several minutes while she tallied receipts from the convenience store below the hotel. Pretty much the only reason to stay here is the price. Although I usually tend to spring for the cheapest hotel I can find, I think I will avoid this place in the future.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2007

I stayed here because it was so much cheaper than the other hotels in the area, but trust me it was NOT worth it. I booked through Hotwire so I didn't realize where I had booked until I had already paid for 3 nights. It is a truck stop, literally, across the street from a maximum security prison!!! We had a credit card stolen from our room and it is a truly shady area. The room wasn't filthy, but you never really felt clean and I didn't feel safe walking through the place or going to my room at all, and I don't get freaked easily. It's a ways from the city and it's also a good distance from anywhere you want to be. Don't stay here, it really isn't worth it, and unless you're driving a big rig, you will get stares and feel very very uncomfortable.

• Liked — great breakfast at the truck stop restaurant
  • Disliked — very unsafe location, across the street from a prison, credit card stolen from room, truckstop
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2007

We were disappointed in the name of the place, Knight's Inn elsewhere we have stayed in, have been better. On the door of our room the sign named this hotel Truckers Inn and that is how it should be marketed Truckers Inn. Room very small, closet size. Should not be more than $35.00 a night. However to be fair the room was clean and so was the bathroom, It was cleaned all three nights we stayed there. Access to highway, pavillion and BWI are good.

• Liked — room was clean
  • Disliked — closet size room overlooking a big and I mean big truck stop. But hey listen
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Salt Lake City, UT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2006

I read a review online saying this place was "like a truck stop." It isn't "like" a truck stop - it IS a truck stop. Truly bad, absolutely not worth the money. The hotel check-in desk is the truck stop cashier stand. It's also very, very, very dirty. Notable disgusting features in my room included dozens of dead flies inside the bathroom fluorescent light fixture, large chunks of food on the floor and a greasy napkin in the bedside table drawer. However, I do agree with the previous review that the woman at the check-in desk was nice.

• Stayed May 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
White Lake, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2006

Stayed here in August 2003....Motel is located in a highrise with a truck stop. Feels a little like a college dorm. Only stayed here because it was the cheapest i could find close to BWI airport and cost less than $35 per night. If you pay more than $30 for this motel you are paying far too much. Its a 1-star at best.

• Stayed August 2003, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

Avoid this place at all costs!
I concur with the reviewer before me. The place was SCARY. And filthy. The only good things I have to say about it is that the sheets smelled clean & the staff was friendly and helpful.
Other than that...esh. I checked out after a few hours & stayed somewhere else. I was out $60, but I just couldn't even stay there overnight. For one thing, the bed was like a ROCK....my toilet didn't flush...the shower curtain was dirty...there were holes in the walls, even! Nasty graffitti in the elevator.
How I wish I'd forked out $20 more & stayed at Super 8 or something, instead!
Are ALL the Knight's Inns like this? If not, they definitely need to know that this location is substandard! There was a family with small children who came in as I was leaving and I felt like telling them to run!

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Knights Inn Baltimore - South Jessup? Share your experiences!