“WORST PLACE EVER!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
wausau
“WORST PLACE EVER!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband and I are professional drivers, we thought it would be convenient to stay at this hotel as it was part of a truck stop and it is difficult to find hotels that offer truck parking. That being said, we didn't know any place could be as bad as this one. Many of the TA's we stop at are not always the nicest truck stops, but we thought the Knight's Inn would be comparable to a Red Roof or a Day's Inn, this Knight's Inn is the worst place ever! The check in at the service desk for the TA was awful, service was rude and slow. The room was tiny, barely able to walk around, bed was no better than a box spring with a little padding, TV was small and didn't work right, carpet felt sticky, even the curtains wouldn't close and were half hanging off the rods. Really, can't believe how Knight's Inn or the city of Jessup can allow this place to stay open, it should be condemned. Called down to see if we could get two extra pillows, were told to come get them ourselves, as mentioned, service was very rude. Never stay here again!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Hotel is part of a TA truck stop. Rooms clean but very small and basic. Store and Diner is part of the same building so convenient for a stopover.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Newark, De
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2011

I booked this hotel thru HOTELS.COM 2 wks prior for 2 double beds, when I get there I get a big key to a KING size bed, OK, now why didnt any1 tell me this is a truck stop located at a Travel Center. OMG. go back then I get a rm with 1 double bed, go back they tell me well we cant help you, are you kidding me. This place is dirty and the rooms are so small with no space to walk around in. NO LIGHTS and did I say DIRTY...not recommended for anyone at all. OH and the clerk, who is also the cashier for the Travel Center, CINDY, nasty and rude as she can be. THIS PLACE IS NOT EVEN FIT FOR THE TRUCKERS!!1

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Denver
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

room hadn't been vacuumed; wall had hand smeared whatever on wall. the bed cover wasnt even put on the bed right. looked at the bed and it looked like it had been there since the 70's...... big wedge in the middle ... looked like a rather large person had slept in the middle since then.. the bathroom hadn't been even wiped down... the shower stall was worse than any truck stop on a bad day. garbage was on the floor. not in the garbage can... my fiancee and I took a 3 minute tour...... that was enough to almost turn our stomachs...... we left...... went to the red roof inn down the street..... what a beautiful place that was ! only 20$ more for way better accomodations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELL WORTH THE HASSLE......AS THEY DON'T HAVE TRUCK PARKING.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
nh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

As it says it the title....I AM a trucker! and this is a hotel attached to a TA travel center truck stop. OK...that said, our life styles are very different than most "soccor moms" and "business professionals" could even imagine. That said, again, this is a truck stop with a hotel for "DRIVERS" who live in 4' by 7' sleeper cab in the truck the operate. Any driver would love to have a room with a warm clean bed with a clean functional shower and facilities....but this is a whole different story. This is a money grab to get those said truckers to spend the night and cough up the dough for the room knowing that they have limited options. As a "truck stop hotel" this is dismal...unhealthy and truly unsafe for the general public such as the "soccor moms" i already stereotyped. This hotel is a (--) dump. As a trucker I would rather stay at a soup kitchen and feel "clean" and "healthy" before i would ever stay here again;.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2009

A 2 night stay was booked through Hotwire, so of course had no idea what we were getting in to until after confirmation. This "2-Star" establishment is scary. The room we were in looked like it had not seen any sort of upkeep/repair in quite a while. The condition of the bathroom was deplorable. Recommendation; spend a few extra bucks and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

Took 22 minutes to register, and I was the only one registering. The keys are old fashion keys and they had all of them in one box, grab bag fashion. They charged higher than my form showed, diredted me to the wrong floor because keys did not have room numbers on them. The wall in my room had a hugh black smudge and no remote control. I called down about the remote and was told "we don't have any left." This was on a Friday night, so I asked them how about one from another room? Again, I was rudely told they didn't have any. Same rude lady who checked me in. Being fat is no reason for being rude. I've stayed in many Knights Inn which were the old fashion one floor plan. This was a 5 story and was attached to a truck stop. In a word? A dump!!!! I called Knights 800 number and after a 22 minute hold, was conected to customer service. I filed a report, but don't expect to hear anything. We spent three days in Philly, Baltimore and DC, and 80% of the people we dealt with could not speak or understand english well. Discouraging.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Knights Inn Baltimore - South Jessup? Share your experiences!