“Gets the job done at great price” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Washington Boulevard, Jessup, MD 20794   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Philadelphia, PA
“Gets the job done at great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Our check in was smooth and fast!!!!! The price was awesome, especially for the Thanksgiving Holiday. The housekeeping came at a nice enough time that we could sleep in and leave without ever having to know they were there. Check out was cool too. No hidden charges or funds holds on my debit card as I just experienced in July in Seattle(very annoying). We live in Philly now, but I'm originally from the Columbia area. If you aren't Arundel Mills or Columbia Mall is a great place to shop close by. Don't bother going to Laurel Mall, it's a waste of time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, December 10, 2009
Thank you for your great comments. It is always a pleasure to know that our team is taking care of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Long Island NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I stopped at the Red Roof Inn when I saw the sign on I-95. It's not right off of the exit, so it took a few minutes to find it. The room was clean, no frills but pretty updated. Now the BED is a different story. The mattress had about 2 inches of padding. I sat down and hit the spring board. When I layed down I could feel the mattress springs. There was no comforter on the bed, you get a sheet and a duvet cover thingy. There was a litle noise from the highway, nothing too bad though. The air conditioner kept making noises and we would have to shut it off and turn it back on to make it stop. I got about an hour's worth of sleep because the bed was old and gross. Would NOT stay there again. Oh and there was a jail down the street, I just didn't feel comfortable there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
Thank you for your recent review. We do have comforters, blankets and a complete set of sheets on all of our beds. As a service to our guests, we turn down one bed each evening with the comforter to the end of the bed folded. Our friendly front desk staff is always available to assist with anything that you may need during your stay and would have been glad to assist you in meeting your needs. We hope that you will visit us again and allow us the opportunity to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great price with our excellent service.

Travelers are raving about these Jessup hotels

NY, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2006

At night, the hotel's lobby was locked at 9:00 PM, and there is a secure night window. This gives the impression that the area is not safe. I parked adjacent to the lobby, as I was worried about leaving the car. The exterior of the hotel is acceptable, but on the seedy side. The safety latch on the door did not work as it was installed incorrectly. The molding adjacent to the door lock was damaged. The room was not very clean, although it was not revolting. The decor is fine for this grade of motel. The staff were polite, but not friendly. Someone tried to call me, and was transferred at midnight to the wrong room. When she called back, the operator was impolite.
The beds were comfortable, as were the pillows although they were small. At one point, the toilet did not fill; I had to remove the cover and jiggle the mechanism. Lighting and the shower were fine, good water pressure. TV was good. They provide T-mobile WiFI service but for 1 night that costs $10 (unless you already subscribe). Although the price was good, I will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, March 5, 2011
Thank you for your response. The issues you described are serious and since this review was posted in October of 2006 the Red Roof Inn Columbia-Fort Mead has made several improvements and the results are astounding.
Management and the hotel staff are deeply committed to the satisfaction of our guests. The property now features complimentary high speed internet throughout the building. You are welcome to visit our friendly front desk staff in the lobby 24 hours a day and enjoy a hot cup of complimentary premium coffee. The housekeeping staff is trained to make every room clean and comfortable. The maintenance staff works diligently to ensure everything inside and outside the rooms is in excellent condition.
Safety and security is taken very seriously at this location. The property and parking lot are monitored by camera 24 hours a day to ensure the safety of our guests and their vehicles.
I welcome you to reach out to me directly to discuss the issues you faced. I certainly hope you will give the Red Roof Inn Columbia-Fort Mead property another chance. I am certain you will not regret it.

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!