“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Washington Boulevard, Jessup, MD 20794   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Long Island NY
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I stopped at the Red Roof Inn when I saw the sign on I-95. It's not right off of the exit, so it took a few minutes to find it. The room was clean, no frills but pretty updated. Now the BED is a different story. The mattress had about 2 inches of padding. I sat down and hit the spring board. When I layed down I could feel the mattress springs. There was no comforter on the bed, you get a sheet and a duvet cover thingy. There was a litle noise from the highway, nothing too bad though. The air conditioner kept making noises and we would have to shut it off and turn it back on to make it stop. I got about an hour's worth of sleep because the bed was old and gross. Would NOT stay there again. Oh and there was a jail down the street, I just didn't feel comfortable there.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Unitykr
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, October 6, 2009
Thank you for your recent review. We do have comforters, blankets and a complete set of sheets on all of our beds. As a service to our guests, we turn down one bed each evening with the comforter to the end of the bed folded. Our friendly front desk staff is always available to assist with anything that you may need during your stay and would have been glad to assist you in meeting your needs. We hope that you will visit us again and allow us the opportunity to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great price with our excellent service.

NY, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2006

At night, the hotel's lobby was locked at 9:00 PM, and there is a secure night window. This gives the impression that the area is not safe. I parked adjacent to the lobby, as I was worried about leaving the car. The exterior of the hotel is acceptable, but on the seedy side. The safety latch on the door did not work as it was installed incorrectly. The molding adjacent to the door lock was damaged. The room was not very clean, although it was not revolting. The decor is fine for this grade of motel. The staff were polite, but not friendly. Someone tried to call me, and was transferred at midnight to the wrong room. When she called back, the operator was impolite.
The beds were comfortable, as were the pillows although they were small. At one point, the toilet did not fill; I had to remove the cover and jiggle the mechanism. Lighting and the shower were fine, good water pressure. TV was good. They provide T-mobile WiFI service but for 1 night that costs $10 (unless you already subscribe). Although the price was good, I will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2006
      Location
      Check in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank 2fish
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, March 5, 2011
Thank you for your response. The issues you described are serious and since this review was posted in October of 2006 the Red Roof Inn Columbia-Fort Mead has made several improvements and the results are astounding.
Management and the hotel staff are deeply committed to the satisfaction of our guests. The property now features complimentary high speed internet throughout the building. You are welcome to visit our friendly front desk staff in the lobby 24 hours a day and enjoy a hot cup of complimentary premium coffee. The housekeeping staff is trained to make every room clean and comfortable. The maintenance staff works diligently to ensure everything inside and outside the rooms is in excellent condition.
Safety and security is taken very seriously at this location. The property and parking lot are monitored by camera 24 hours a day to ensure the safety of our guests and their vehicles.
I welcome you to reach out to me directly to discuss the issues you faced. I certainly hope you will give the Red Roof Inn Columbia-Fort Mead property another chance. I am certain you will not regret it.

Travelers are raving about these Jessup hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Jessup
La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbia Jessup
Comfort Suites Columbia Gateway
Holiday Inn Columbia East - Jessup
Sleep Inn Jessup
Sleep Inn Jessup
#2 of 8 in Jessup
4.0 of 5 stars 51 reviews
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washi...
#10 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
4.0 of 5 stars 459 reviews
Quality Inn near Ft Meade

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!