“Something is just not right...” 2 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Washington Boulevard, Jessup, MD 20794   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Global
“Something is just not right...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is one of the first times that the reviews on TripAdvisor did not match my experience.

A family member booked this property online last minute because it was animal friendly. I am assuming he also saw the good reviews. Several family members had JUST stayed at another Red Roof Inn property days before and found it to be VERY different.

We did not find that this hotel felt "safe."

In fact, there were many people who were drinking (and/ or on something else,) out in front of their doors, hanging out around the property.

The underpass that you use to go to the lobby ( if you are in rooms not facing the main street,) had people hanging out as I went to get ice.

As we were unpacking our car, there was a man that ran to the houses behind the property, and came along asking if people were "from around here..." I later saw him standing by the door to the front office, and then later in front of another room.

My one big question is if there are cameras around the hotel property, and especially in the area of the underpass. I hope so.

I have lived and worked around the world. I live in a major U.S. city, and am not the type to feel unsafe easily.

We were FINE, and yet -- there is definitely a sense that potential drug/alcohol exchanges are going on around the property.

The front desk reception was welcoming, and the rooms are clean. That is important.

I would just hope for a bit more of a sense of safety.

We would not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Good afternoon;

I hope that your day is going well thus far. My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn, Jessup, MD. Please let me first thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey and bring to my attention your most recent experience at my property. You have my sincerest apologies, that you may have felt unsafe. Please rest assured that your most recent experience is not the type of experience we would expect for our guests to have, and I can assure you that I will personally follow up with ensuring that there is an immediate improvement in the level of safety and security that is to be provided to our guests. I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention, as it is through feedback such as yours that allows us an opportunity to improve.

Robert Whaley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you plan to be in the area it would be a mistake not to consider this one I was in the area for 5 consecutive days, for business purposes..Great location, very friendly people, comfortable stay., very clean rooms .Very happy for choosing to stay at Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
RRI187MGR, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Good afternoon;
My name is Robert Whaley the general manager and I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete an online review with Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. I truly appreciate you positive comments in regards to myself and my team, I am also very pleased that you feel confident enough that you would recommend to your friends and associates that should they require hotel accommodations that they should choose the Red Roof Inn.
It is through such great feedback as yours that continue to inspire us to continuously seek new ways in which to improve upon the service that we so enjoy providing to our guests.

General manager
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2015

I want to thank the rep that I chatted with through Orbitz.com for helping me get the rate I wanted.. She handled it great expertise! I also want to thank Cassandra at the Jessup Red Roof location for providing me with excellent customer service and giving me the information needed to negotiate a rate for frequent customers. Thank you both for a great experience!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Good morning, my name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn Jessup, MD., and I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete an online review with Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. I truly appreciate you positive comments regarding our hotel and my front desk team member Cassandra. It is truly our goal to ensure that your stay is pleasant and enjoyable from the moment that you check in and continues throughout your stay. We do our best to make sure that our rates are within everyone's budget. I hope that you feel confident enough that you would recommend us to your friends and associates should they require hotel accommodations that they should choose to stay with the Red Roof Inns.

Ruckersville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

I was in the area for business. This Red Roof Inn was very comfortable. The price was very reasonable. It was clean and the shower was great. It is a SMOKE FREE environment as well. Very important to me. If needed, I will stay at this hotel again. I highly recommend this Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, February 9, 2015
Good afternoon Mr. Jay;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn in Jessup, MD. I want to thank you sir for taking the time to go online and post such a positive review regarding your most recent stay with us. It is really gratifying to hear that you were seemly pleased with all aspects of your stay from a most reasonable price, accommodations and friendliness of my team members. Mr. Jay, it is through such wonderful feedback as yours that will hopefully assist other weary travelers in choosing the Red Roof Inn when their need for hotel accommodations arise.
Mr. Jay, I again thank you for your time and feedback.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your day.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2015

I've been at this hotel a few times and I've never been disappointed. It's always been a comfortable and pleasant stay. The rooms have been rerenovated and all always clean. A good value for the money.

• Stayed January 2015
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, February 6, 2015
Good afternoon;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn in Jessup MD. I want to thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review of our Red Roof Inn. It truly pleases me that we were able to accommodate your needs to your complete satisfaction on each of your visits with us. It is our ultimate goal to ensure that you are left feeling confident, significant, and delighted with all aspects of your stay. Should you require anything at all during your stays to further enhance your experience please feel free to contact me personally.
Again I would like to thank you for your feedback and hope that you have a wonderful weekend.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015 via mobile

Great rates. Very nice place to stay. The general manager, Mr. Robert, is very pleasant extremely hard working person and treats the customers and employees with respect and a smile. Great place to stay, clean, safe, and comfortable. I told my friends to stay at the Red Roof when they come to Baltimore.

• Stayed January 2015
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, February 4, 2015
Good afternoon;

This is Robert Whaley the general manager and I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to complete an online review with Trip Advisor regarding your stay with us. I truly appreciate you positive comments in regards to myself and my team, along with your feeling safe and comfortable. I am also very pleased that you feel confident enough that you would recommend to your friends and associates that should they require hotel accommodations that they should choose the Red Roof Inn.

General manager
Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

Associate Stephanie was great and patient with all my questions and regrading my needs. Over all i would visit hotel for stay any time . Room was clean and just what i needed easy check in and out. Thank you Stephanie once again for your service.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
Good morning Sir;

My name is Robert Whaley, and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn, Jessup, I would like to thank you for the wonderful review of our Red Roof Inn here in Jessup, MD. Yes I too do agree that Stephanie is truly a wonderful asset to us. I will share you positive comments with her along with the remainder of my team. I am so pleased that you found your room to be very clean and comfortable. Sir, it is also gratifying to hear that both your check in and check was smooth and efficient. Among our 300 plus properties nationwide we pride ourselves on being focused on ensuring that all of our guests receive the wonderful type of service that you experienced while staying with us.
Again sir, I thank you for your feedback.

Have a blessed day.

Robert Whaley

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!