“Not Every Terrible Review Is Correct” 5 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8000 Washington Boulevard, Jessup, MD 20794   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Jessup
Baltimore, Maryland
“Not Every Terrible Review Is Correct”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

even though while reading through every terrible comment made about this location in particular, the negative customers have to understand that Jessup, MD has gone through a lot of changes over the years, including this hotel. While management is striving to better the motel along with the staff and services, not every customer is right. a customer can walk into the lobby with a horrible attitude toward life, the front desk clerk could be as polite and courteous toward the customer and the customer could still make a meaningless complaint because they feel everyone should tend to their needs. I have been to this location many of times, and witnessed many customers attempting to take advantage of the staff and resources, thinking its a "five-star" resort. red roof inn is your typical, standard roadside motel for a one night or multiple night stay. sure, the motel is bug infested, but what isn't? all around you see nasty and hideous little creatures everywhere you go. I can't complain about the rooms. If you have a complaint about the rooms, just simply explain to the staff and they will help you the best they can, don't throw an attitude at them. a negative can create a negative or worse. where can you go wrong with what you pay a night. starting at $69.99 is not bad, although everyone thinks there should be more. for $70 a night, you get laundry, vending, top notch customer service, security, cable tv, free coffee and Wi-Fi, long distant calls around the US, faxing. what more do people want? I have witnessed customers getting hostile with overnight staff because they were locked out of their room and refused entry, mainly because the tenant was contacted numerous times that night to make a payment on her room but kept avoiding contact until later after hours. the lady had no money, but had money earlier in the evening for other services such as shopping. the staff had to contact the police to remove the lady because she became hostile toward staff. I also like to go on record and say that I am glad this motel has security working here. I definitely feel safe during my stay. security is polite and courteous, and makes sure that all trouble stays away from this location. all around, the staff, management have made this place better than what it was. thank you very much and keep up the good work.

Room Tip: don't believe any negative comments you read about this location. everyone expects a 'five s...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is a good place for one night stay. We arrived late at night, the front desk was closed. We waited for five minutes, and then the receptionist appeared behind a very thick glass and carefully checked our IDs (not friendly surroundings?), then made a phone call, the whole process took about 10 minutes. The motel was fully packed, so we couldn't upgrade to a superior. The room showed a lot of standard Red Roof problems: dirty bath, noisy AC, smelly room, minor garbage left by housekeeping, but it was not that bad. In the morning, the front desk was open, and the other receptionist was nice and friendly. No major problems, but far from a thrilling experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I have been staying here at the red roof for a few weeks, pending approve meet for my new home.... this is my first stay an it has been a one happy fun stay for me and my family. Management is very caring, and understanding, she has been a woman of her word....and she takes pride in the hotel. I watched the women work day in and out. God bless the little lady that spends her days to see to it that it person is greeted with clean shetts, towels, and , wash clothes.I sleep very well with my car parked outside, knowing that security walks around this place all night. Everyone has their days, staff are human and we all have to understand , dealing with different additudes and personalities can become a challenge, and being here for this long I have seen remarkable customer service in tense situations............two thumbs up to management!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here September of 2014.

As a couple, we got this hotel via a discount site. We traveled from Florida to Connecticut via car.

The Good:
-It is located close to the main highway from Florida to Connecticut.

-The rooms are standard to any Red Roofs we have stayed at.

-The Check-in guy (we arrived late night - after 10pm) was extremely friendly and patient.

-The place felt very safe and was clean.

-There is always a personalized response from the hotel.

The Cons:

-We had the Guest Room with 2 beds, and the beds were so small they barely held 2 adults. (Luckily we were only 2 people, but a family of 4 might be cramped)

-The check out person was on an earpiece or headset - She would randomly start speaking.

-As a person checking out, I had no earthly idea who she was speaking to, making it awkward to say the least.
The Verdict:
Did I enjoy my stay? Yes, however, for us it was a stop over (arrived at 11pm, left by 9am). We did not stay long

Would I stay again? Yes, for a short stop over.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Williamsburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The title pretty much says it all. I arrived to check in and immediately noticed how S L O W things were at the ill equipped front desk. When I say ill equipped, they ran out of staples and change for the register while I was waiting. The front desk clerk had to write an IOU for change owed to a cask paying customer. The toner was out in the printer, making the paperwork you fill out at check in to be barely legible.

I finally get checked in and FOUND A PERSON ASLEEP IN THE ROOM THAT I WAS GIVEN. I promptly went back to the office and was reassigned another room on the second floor.

The room was clean, but unremarkable, pretty much mediocre for the price they usually get.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
RRI187MGR, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

When a guest takes time to leave the review, we listen. As a hotel manager, I apologize for your experience with room condition, and check in employee interaction and want to let you know, I have taken necessary steps to insure it doesn't happen again.Please note, your experience was an isolated occurrence and the management and staff would value another opportunity to impress you.

If you wish to come to my hotel in future, please feel free to contact the hotel and ask for the manager and will definitely take care of your past problems.

Thank you for sharing your valuable experience.

Raneeka B

Travelers are raving about these Jessup hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

I been staying here for a while now. Every time i come to check in i am greeted with a smile by Delmy. She was very helpful and was very nice. I been to other hotel around the area, this one is the best. Once again thank you Delmy for all your help.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Just wanted to take the time to thank you for this review. I have to say that it is a real pleasure to know you enjoyed your stay and that Delmy was helpful. I will make sure that she as well as the rest of the staff sees this review and thank you once again.

It is always a pleasure to hear we are able to make our guest happy.

Raneeka B.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

Although the hotel was a great location for the Inner Harbor in Baltimore and the Monuments in DC the place and the service was the worst!!! The rooms smelled of mildew. We were there from Friday until Monday and they never once came to clean my room, they ran out of toilet tissue, wash clothes and on top of that out of the 10 staff members that I incountered 2 were polite, the rest very rude and non caring.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
I apologize for the unfortunate experience and regret it happened at all. Our #1 goal is guest
satisfaction. Your feedback helps us to improve. I appreciate you taking the time to let us
know. I hope you will visit us again soon to discover what a difference your review made.

If you wish to come to my hotel in future, please contact hotel and ask for manager and will definitely take care of your past problems.

Raneeka B

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington DC - Columbia / Fort Meade? Share your experiences!